Can someone suggest a place to get quality systems?

Christoppp

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The place I was going starting charging 600$. I have found a decent supplier but only has UTS and Thick skin. I want to try poly outside and lace in middle. I'm very active and my head itches when I sweat with fully poly. I'm just looking for anyone that knows where I can get a quality hybrid system with the shortage right now. Thank you very much.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
The place I was going starting charging 600$. I have found a decent supplier but only has UTS and Thick skin. I want to try poly outside and lace in middle. I'm very active and my head itches when I sweat with fully poly. I'm just looking for anyone that knows where I can get a quality hybrid system with the shortage right now. Thank you very much.
LaVivid

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ive heard these thin skin only last 2-3 months. Id like to keep system prices to 1500 a year. That is just for the systems not cut in and hair cuts. etc

Ultra thin skin are short-lived because they are so thin. Super Thin Skin, 0.06-0.080 can last longer, 3-5, and lace can last 6 months, athough some folks get more.

Sent you a PM.

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
A good quality lace piece will last 6 months or less or more if you care for them and usage. $1500 should be ok for a year.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
How long have you gotten consistent quality from them?
One that shed quickly, in 2 months, out of 10 units... Otherwise they all lasted 3+ months...

It still boggles me, the responses you're getting.

You're willing to spend $1500 per year, and obviously you're here to have the best looking hair you can. Everybody's recommending things that won't help you look better..... Quite the contrary...

Even if you don't expose your hairline, you should always strive for an undetectable one

A. 03 skin or swiss lace will accomplished this. Anything thicker will not disappear.

As I've mentioned, if you use the always available coupon code from LaVivid and order 2 systems at a time, the price for a thin skin would be $204 each.
Meaning you could replace every 2 months and be well within your budget. At 2 month intervals you would always have a fresh looking system. And not worry about sparseness,extreme color loss, and wear.

I just don't understand going with a thicker hairline or stretching units longer than they should be. To see to save a couple of dollars?

No amount of money can undo the embarrassment and shame you'll feel if you get caught wearing.

We're not talking tons of money. We're talking around $100 a month......why mess around?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am new to hair systems and doing all my research, right now I'm very interested in lace but also debating poly. I am looking at their Mirage which is .04-.05 -- you think this is not usable cause the hairline is too detectable? My issue with the Eros is I hear the thinness makes it have very bad durability.
Eros is what I use. As with anything, how you care for something dictates its lifespan.

You have to remember. Thin skin .03 were meant to last for 30 days. Many of us have gotten upward of 4 months out of them, which is great. However it was never its intended purpose.

Because of such, people now have an expectation of 4 months. Claiming it's a poor system If it doesn't last of that long.

Keep in mind the hair used is severely processed and stripped. Even if you go with a thicker system, let's say it lasts longer, you're going to have a worse hairline... And open up more problems. Which is the system turning red or green and losing color...and beat to death hair. What's the benefit?

I could be incorrect, but I doubt it. :) You're doing this because you want to look your best, right?

Why play around over a couple dollars? You avoid all of this by replacing the system every 2 to 3 months...

Last edited:

Christoppp

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
One that shed quickly, in 2 months, out of 10 units... Otherwise they all lasted 3+ months...

You're willing to spend $1500 per year, and obviously you're here to have the best looking hair you can. Everybody's recommending things that won't help you look better..... Quite the contrary...

Even if you don't expose your hairline, you should always strive for an undetectable one

A. 03 skin or swiss lace will accomplished this. Anything thicker will not disappear.

As I've mentioned, if you use the always available coupon code from LaVivid and order 2 systems at a time, the price for a thin skin would be $204 each.
Meaning you could replace every 2 months and be well within your budget. At 2 month intervals you would always have a fresh looking system. And not worry about sparseness,extreme color loss, and wear.

I just don't understand going with a thicker hairline or stretching units longer than they should be. To see to save a couple of dollars?

No amount of money can undo the embarrassment and shame you'll feel if you get caught wearing.

We're not talking tons of money. We're talking around $100 a month......why mess around?
Thank you for your perspective and it makes a lot of sense. I think I can handle thin skin in winter but in the summer it’s too much. Have you ever ordered a lace middle and poly sides from Lavivid?
Also do you have any suggestions on haircuts between systems? My place charges 60$ for hair cut and cleaning and reattachment. And then 160 for cut in to new system plus hair cut and attachment. Is that reasonable ? They do a good job.

Christoppp

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Eros is what I use. As with anything, how you care for something dictates its lifespan.

You have to remember. Thin skin .03 were meant to last for 30 days. Many of us have gotten upward of 4 months out of them, which is great. However it was never its intended purpose.

Because of such, people now have an expectation of 4 months. Claiming it's a poor system If it doesn't last of that long.

Keep in mind the hair used is severely processed and stripped. Even if you go with a thicker system, let's say it lasts longer, you're going to have a worse hairline... And open up more problems. Which is the system turning red or green and losing color...and beat to death hair. What's the benefit?

I could be incorrect, but I doubt it. :) You're doing this because you want to look your best, right?

Why play around over a couple dollars? You avoid all of this by replacing the system every 2 to 3 months...
That’s a very good point about having real expectations. I might as well plan to change system every 2-3 months. After all if we can afford it we want the best. Do you think a lace middle will help with me being active ? It gets so itchy and attachment is only good for 4 days if I’m active. I hate showering too it doesn’t get my scalp wet which I miss. Hoping maybe for warmer months I can do lace middle and poly sides ?

Nigelw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have used www.superhairpieces.ca for about 5 years, but have also explored other suppliers. Have been satisfied with SHP, except on 2 occasions, probably due to pandemic impact on the hair industry.
I plan on trying SHP for my next system, currently waiting on a custom order from Lavivid which has now shipped.

What I like about SHP is they have higher density lace units in stock. Do you know how super hairpieces density compares with Lavivid?

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I plan on trying SHP for my next system, currently waiting on a custom order from Lavivid which has now shipped.

What I like about SHP is they have higher density lace units in stock. Do you know how super hairpieces density compares with Lavivid?
Sorry, I don't. I wear low density systems. Recently ordered low density pieces from 4 different vendors and all were comparable in their "low density " offerings.

Christoppp

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you guys help me out. My current system has been a pita. The quality of hair is great but I have no idea what base this is. I saw at the salon they used a pin needle and poked it in center to the manikin. I had it on for only 3 days and the itching became unbearable. It was not like this on my first system. I took it off and my head was extremely red. Where the tape was on the edges it was not red only in the center so I know it’s not the adhesive but the base. . The system was also soaked… is it from this odd base or is it from the small hole from where the salon poked it to attach to manikin? It’s almost as if water got trapped inside from showering. It was not sweat as I’ve barely sweat last few days.

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you guys help me out. My current system has been a pita. The quality of hair is great but I have no idea what base this is. I saw at the salon they used a pin needle and poked it in center to the manikin. I had it on for only 3 days and the itching became unbearable. It was not like this on my first system. I took it off and my head was extremely red. Where the tape was on the edges it was not red only in the center so I know it’s not the adhesive but the base. . The system was also soaked… is it from this odd base or is it from the small hole from where the salon poked it to attach to manikin? It’s almost as if water got trapped inside from showering. It was not sweat as I’ve barely sweat last few days.
I suggest you put your question i a new post or thread to get more views/answers

Christoppp

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Can you explain to me where I find this coupon code?

No Hair No Fair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Went to lavivid.com to check it out.
Browser told me the site is unencrypted, not secure, and that I shouldn't send them any credit card numbers or other personal information.
I think I'll pass, until they get that fixed.