Can someone help me with graft count and Doctor?

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score
What's up guys. I've been on and off deciding on a transplant, but I really want to get one soon. I went on finasteride a year and 9 months ago, but at the 1 year mark I had scalp pain and loss to the left side of my hairline/behind. I want to restore this and not worry about hairline recession anymore for a while at least. Anyway, here are some pics. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone? I'd be really grateful, thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 347
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 342
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 311
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 322
Reaction score
I don't think any doctor will perform an operation on you because I assume you are reasonably young? How much hair do you expect to lose in the future? These are things you have to take into consideration. You have way too much hair for a transplant right now.

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score
I am 24 years old. Dr rahal, dr Cole, and a few others said they would help my situation.. I don't want a perfect hairline.. I just lost so much while using minoxidil and propecia that I want to restore it. I'm pretty sure finasteride caused this because it felt like reflex hyper androgenicity when I started losing this hair.. My hairline feels bruised now after a year on finasteride and I'm shedding a ton since November(1year mark)..

i want ant to quit finasteride and get a transplant. I feel as though finasteride is making things very bad for me

Reaction score
I am 24 years old. Dr rahal, dr Cole, and a few others said they would help my situation.. I don't want a perfect hairline.. I just lost so much while using minoxidil and propecia that I want to restore it. I'm pretty sure finasteride caused this because it felt like reflex hyper androgenicity when I started losing this hair.. My hairline feels bruised now after a year on finasteride and I'm shedding a ton since November(1year mark)..

i want ant to quit finasteride and get a transplant. I feel as though finasteride is making things very bad for me

If you find a doctor who will perform a surgery on you then it's your choice and nobody will stop you. But you are 24; which means you are (probably) in the early stages of hair loss so it's not the smartest move to get a hair transplant and who knows maybe in a few years the hair behind your transplanted area will thin out, then what? Especially if you're not on finasteride or minoxidil.

altomed67

Reaction score
I had my hair transplant done by Doctor andrew kim of aihr and it took me a series of visits before I finally decided to get the surgery. I have been on finasteride then, and i tell you that it is a common advise by doctors that you continue with your oral medications to avoid further hair loss from other areas. I'm also concerned about your age because you are quite young but i would say that the best advise is from a Doctor. you can ask dr kim because he gives free consultations.

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. The reason I want off of finasteride is because of this inflammation that took out my hairline and behind while on it. I don't even think it's doing anything, rather having an opposite effect. Dr. Rahal suggested 1200 into my hairline and 2200 to lower it, but I don't want to lower it too much. I liked having a widows peak but it's all diffuse now.. It's unfortunate that 2200 fue is like $15000.00

If I get a loan, I'm going for it. Sick of watching my hairline deteriorate and at least if it gets worse I can shave my head and have a hairline to frame my face.

Beestig22

Reaction score
Are you serious????
Nobody will want to do a hair transplant on you. And if they do they are just after your money.:wow:

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
What's up guys. I've been on and off deciding on a transplant, but I really want to get one soon. I went on finasteride a year and 9 months ago, but at the 1 year mark I had scalp pain and loss to the left side of my hairline/behind. I want to restore this and not worry about hairline recession anymore for a while at least. Anyway, here are some pics. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone? I'd be really grateful, thanks
As long as you realize YOU are the only one that notices your hair line is not a perfect NW1. The rest of the world does not see it like you do. You are fine for now. If you quit finasteride, you could lose more behind your transplant. You are only 24. You are going to spend all that money and then find out: Number 1, it will not change your looks at all, and number 2 eventually you will have to shave it if it gets bad. Work on your BDD as it will help you realize you still have great hair compared to a lot of guys on here. I am in the same boat as you. I want a perfect NW1 and I am way older than you but I have learned it is not going to do much to improve my life. Looking at most people my age, I realize a perfect NW1 is rare. And even at your age, it is starting to become less common.

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input and help. I understand that it may look different to others and yes I monitor my hair extremely close to see changes. I've been battling my hairline since 21 when I noticed it and when this inflammation hit and ripped my hairline apart, I decided that when it calmed I'd do something. I still get some bruised feelings along it so I'm not going to get a transplant yet, but l will probably by Christmas. I realize I'm young, but I'm unhappy at this age and would rather enjoy some more of my youth with a better hairline.. When my loss gets worse I'll shave down and at least have a hairline to frame my face.

JB48

Reaction score
I'm in a similar situation to you so I feel your pain. I'm 25 and my hairline has been forming the dreaded V shape for some time now and I want to get it touched up.

However like others said, 24 is probably too young for surgery. Not sure if it is an ethical decision for your Doctor's to recommend it. Might be a better idea waiting til you are in later 20s or early 30s to see what your hairline is like then? If it doesn't change much (and it might not), you might be a good candidate.

Are you sure finasteride damaged your hairline? I've heard of minoxidil eroding hairlines but not finasteride.

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When you say finasteride negatively affected you, are you referring to side effects or shedding?

TheCavemansDiary

Reaction score
In my opinion, your approximate graft count needed is going to be somewhere between zero and nil.

Dude, relax. You look better than I do after 3 hairtransplants. I see zero thinning or recession. If it really bothers you that much, use a bit of concealer. If the hairline itself is too high, get a hairline toupee that closes with the temple area.

Comitting to something as serious as a hair transplant at this point is madness. Wait another 5 years.