Can Somebody Help Me, Recent Hair Loss And Lots Of Questions.

Evette1862

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, I’m 42 yrs old and I’ve noticed a drastic change in the texture of my hair and lots of breakage for about three yrs now. I figured that’s all because of age, a pregnancy at 39, greying (I’m pretty grey) and frequent professional coloring. But recently I’m losing hair. In addition to my long hairs I’d normally shed, some are about 4 inches, some 1, some almost look like eyelash hairs. They’re everywhere. I saw a dermatologist today he didn’t seem that “alarmed”. He prescribed biotin and ran a blood panel. Is it typical to lose all these tiny hairs different shapes and textures and length? Is that a specific type of hair loss? I’ve included photos. I often find the “eyelash looking” hairs on my phone, on the bathroom floor, everywhere.

Attachments

• 72612530-C176-481A-BCAC-2614C9ECA03E.jpeg
    72612530-C176-481A-BCAC-2614C9ECA03E.jpeg
    37.9 KB · Views: 560
  • E8C41EBF-9E80-4868-9695-93AFA5C0E524.jpeg
    E8C41EBF-9E80-4868-9695-93AFA5C0E524.jpeg
    28.9 KB · Views: 514

Suki -j

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, I had that too for about 18-24 months until my new regime. I think it meant even my immature hair was shedding before it had the chance to get to length

priyanka j

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah sometimes it is natural, sometimes it happens for many reasons like a genetic problem, hormonal changes, particularly an increase in testosterone, Skin diseases and fungal infections, Vitamin deficiency etc but don't stress because the more you stress that will lead to more hair fall. Start using home remedies like Castor oil, Aloe vera gel, Almond oil and coconut milk these will fight with your eyelash problem and will boost your hair and will make them stronger. Oil is also an essential part which makes your hair stronger and the difficult part is which oils are best for which hair problem. So the best hair oils which can promote hair growth and leads to less hair fall are Jojoba oil, rosemary oil, argan oil.

VJ6

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, I’m 42 yrs old and I’ve noticed a drastic change in the texture of my hair and lots of breakage for about three yrs now. I figured that’s all because of age, a pregnancy at 39, greying (I’m pretty grey) and frequent professional coloring. But recently I’m losing hair. In addition to my long hairs I’d normally shed, some are about 4 inches, some 1, some almost look like eyelash hairs. They’re everywhere. I saw a dermatologist today he didn’t seem that “alarmed”. He prescribed biotin and ran a blood panel. Is it typical to lose all these tiny hairs different shapes and textures and length? Is that a specific type of hair loss? I’ve included photos. I often find the “eyelash looking” hairs on my phone, on the bathroom floor, everywhere.

Evette1862, i'm experiencing shedding of hairs that are tiny, thin and almost colorless in addition to some that look healthy, newly growing hairs. These are all 1-3 inches long with a tiny white bulb at end (meaning they are telogen hairs which will shed). I've always had some shedding of tiny hairs before when my scalp got oily/itchy. But ever since I started lasercap treatment (October 2018), this shed has been consistent and very very disconcerting. My only logical conclusion is because the lasercap stimulates follicles, my growth cycles are getting accelerated and its pushing the already miniaturized hairs into telogen phase. What is dreadful is this has not declined i.e. the number of tiny hairs I'm shedding has been consistently high since December '18. I don't know definitely if these are actually miniaturized hairs or normal healthy baby hairs that didn't get a chance to grow. My hair overall is much thinner, more frail and sad looking than before when I was on no treatment :(

I have heard everyone sheds these tiny hairs, because we all have some degree of miniaturization. if its not more than 10% of all hair you shed, its not bad.

Jhair123

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been dealing with thinning for awhile, and found this girl on youtube who's videos have helped me so much. Just thought I'd share and say youtube is a great place to find info. Best of luck to you!