can nizoral help women's hair loss?

dekaz

Established Member
Reaction score
my old mom (50 something i think?) has had thin hair for quite a few years now, (i think it started in her mid 30s, prolly around the time i started learning to walk and talk) but basically her hair doesn't grow longer than a foot and she has extremely thin hair and some balding too, but she covers it up decently with a volumizing mousse and the few hairs that she has.

was reading about how finasteride isn't recommended for women, would nizoral help with the ketoconazole fighting the dht? or does hairloss from dht only occur in men? what do they recommend for women? she said she has used rogaine for women in the past and it worked well.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ketoconazole helps to fight DHT, it's very mild though at doing so. Approximately 99% of men who suffer from hair loss is caused by DHT and plays a huge role in Androgenetic Alopecia. The cases for Female Pattern Baldness are less understood and more complex; however, DHT plays a huge role as well.

Gargi

Reaction score
Yes, Nizoral helpto treat hair loss .[FONT=&quot]The 2% solution of ketoconazole found in Nizoral has been provento reduce local inflammation on the scalp. Byblocking DHT from binding to these receptors, Nizoral stops hair loss andallows the hair follicles to recover enough to resume the production of newhair.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Besidesits anti-inflammatory properties, ketoconazole can also reduce sebum productionin the scalp. By turning down the secretion of sebum from the sebaceous glandsattached to the hair follicles, ketoconazole prevents the skin pores of thescalp from clogging up. It frees the path of hair follicles and provides theright environment for new hair growth.[/FONT]

summergame

Reaction score
I use this now a week because I want to know if it will work for my Androgenetic Alopecia. I keep an eye on this post!

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am using a 2% Keto shampoo (Not brand specific to Nizoral but assuming its same thing) since late April. .Before that i was using Rgenepur DR (which i loved but not as strong Keto) Here is my experience About a month into prescription shampoo I started to shed these short 1 inch hairs both normal looking and super thin fibers. I NEVER shed short hairs at least never to such a noticeable degree. I was also using Hairmax....The shed lasted about 2 weeks then tappered off. The reason for my hair loss seems to be a combination of low ferritin and Androgenetic Alopecia. A few weeks later my Dr had me up my Iron pills from 1x a day to 3x a day..I had another shed of this time very skinny sickly looking short hairs and some long very skinny ones...this lasted for 3-4 days..I felt like i was losing my mine lol I emailed my Dr and he said this is a good sign and not to stop..I have not stopped still taking increase Iron and using the Keto and doing the laser Also upped my Vitamin D because i was deficient in that as well..Anyway its a few weeks no short hairs (just a few very sparse ones but not many) and I'm shedding normal amount of long hairs it seems....Again its WAY too soon to tell whats working not working.

I will come back and keep you guys posted because when i was first starting shampoo i was freaked out by how many people were saying it made hair worse and they stopped--but i wonder if they stopped too soon?? I don't know. I do see some new growth but so small and short/skinny too hard to tell yet if its going to develop into much..I have a ton more questions for my Dr when i go see him (poor guy i made a list). Im probably going to try PRP +Acell..I live in NY so a lot of Dr seem to be doing it now with good results.

I (think) bad hairs or miniaturizing hairs or sickly hairs have to go through a cycle or two before they are back to normal IF they go back to normal..I am not 100% sure but i would imagine this is case..I never saw one of my hair strands thicker on one end then the other at least not a thinner root side--sometimes thinner end side from bleaching or blow drying. So i would assume its got to shed first to regrow a wider diameter hair..and then maybe again shed and get wider?? i guess i am asking others opinions.