Can minoxidil make surrounding healthy hairs dependent?

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know if you can do them separately. When I took 30% minoxidil, it was used to stop reactions from that dose. My 15% didn't have that. And I put it all over (more places) on my hair than before. That maybe why I ran into issues.

I read that minoxidil won't stay in solution above 5%... How are u using 15?

Secretlybatman

Established Member
Reaction score
Has it grown back where its filled in under light or is it just a few hairs? I'm and you've seen my pics. bald spot & Norwood 0-1 on 1 side 2 or 2.5 on the other. It's really starting to go in on the right side. So torn between the pros and cons of minoxidil in terms of what ive experienced.

Secretlybatman

Established Member
Reaction score
I saw some of the success stories with minoxidil and it makes me wanna try it again but then i remember what i think it done to the side of my hairline ugh

Secretlybatman

Established Member
Reaction score
Okay tried minoxidil but 24 hours later I had a shower, I noticed that my scalp felt like it was reacting with the water. Is this confirmation the loss could have been due to an alergic reaction from the minoxidil?

darion0

Reaction score
Damn you guys make me scared to try minoxidil.

I'm mainly thinning on my crown I wonder if I can just take finasteride without minoxidil and be good.

Aesthetic

Established Member
Reaction score
i went on minoxidil and got a horrible shed i never recovered from, **** that i quit after 1 month

Secretlybatman

Established Member
Reaction score
If it makes you feel better my crowns basically stayed the same. That or its balding slow as hell while the right side of my hairline left me in 6 months on min

Secretlybatman

Established Member
Reaction score
Thats one thing i dont understand with my right temple. There's like 3-10 long visible hairs growing out but then there's a few tiny ones not visible unless you look really really really closely and all of this while my left temple is strong as hell. Why am i only going on 1 side and why did this only occur on the side i applied minoxidil? Have i made these hairs more sensitive by applying minoxidil then stopping after 9-12 months? I see these little hairs and i think aha minoxidil could strengthen you but then i remember about the correlation between my minoxidil use and my receding rate. Ugh. This is a sticky position

Secretlybatman

Established Member
Reaction score
In 2013 It was a NW1. and in the pictures it's a nw1 on one side and 2 on the other. Now It's a NW1 on one side and probably a Norwood 2.5-3 on the other. When i pull my hair back it'a definitely gone further back and inwards. So from the center of my head i go 3cm across. Perfect hairline but then it goes almost straight back then curves in the shape of a long r. My crown hasn't changed at all really. Due to what appears to be progression i think I'm going to start up minoxidil again. I have 1 years worth of the liquid so eh. It's probably worth noting i haven't took finasteride since late december because I ran out and couldn't get to the doctors. Will start up again in a few days.

Atm I'm thinking a hair transplant would cost me around 7000

- - - Updated - - -

The annoying this is that liquid minoxidil runs bloody everywhere

Secretlybatman

Established Member
Reaction score
been on it both again since sunday US time. Hopefully my assumption about minoxidil will be wrong. I do notice that where I apply it is itchy as **** after i apply it though

Rockinlove

Established Member
Reaction score
been on it both again since sunday US time. Hopefully my assumption about minoxidil will be wrong. I do notice that where I apply it is itchy as **** after i apply it though

minoxidil is known to to affect the normal hair cycle and will keep your hair longer in telogen phase. Stopping it would lead to an appearance of excessive loss until the hair cycle normalises to baseline.

Secretlybatman

Established Member
Reaction score
When I use a concentrated amount on areas where there's no/almost no thinning, it does appear to make it thinner. This is true with 15% min, and .1 ml of finasteride mixed in. Weird. Both my kids noticed, and it was true. My crown and top of my hair, which had no thinning before, was getting balder and thinner.

But on my receding hairline, it's growing it back.

What's funny is when I use 5% liquid or foam, I don't get any side effects. But with 15% I do. This is a mystery to me.

I used to use 30% min with .05 ml finasteride ( = .5mg finasteride daily). But it had hydrocortizine. I believe that definitely makes a difference. Hydrocortizine stops allergic reactions.

So far my 2nd shot at minoxidil I'm losing ground again. my hairlines got a lot thinner on that one temple im using it on again. Hoping its just a shed but from previous experience I'm concerned my hair just thins more on minoxidil

heretosee

Reaction score
So far my 2nd shot at minoxidil I'm losing ground again. my hairlines got a lot thinner on that one temple im using it on again. Hoping its just a shed but from previous experience I'm concerned my hair just thins more on minoxidil

I get the same thing too (see my recent thread). Right hairline was NW1 (no recession/thinning) before minoxidil. I applied minoxidil there because there were some wispy hairs I thought were miniaturisation but which I know now were just leftover after my hairline matured years ago. 10 months on and my right hairline has thinned out and receded to a NW2. Still, I'm sh*t scared to stop using minoxidil there because I'm afraid the shedding will be much much worse.

Secretlybatman

Established Member
Reaction score
Holy crap. I just found this guys channel https://www.youtube.com/user/tlpina/videos

It looks like minoxidil worked for him but as soon as he stopped taking it just 7-10 months in advanced to a high norward. Are we sure that healthy hair which minoxidil touches can't get addicted to it and die once you stop when they would have otherwise survived for years?