Can milk based products cause hair loss?

zurih

Reaction score
Hi,

Have a question. Is there any kind of relation between eating a lot of milk based products (link milk, cheese, etc) and hair loss?

Would appreciate your answers.

heyitsthatguy

Established Member
Reaction score
dude its probably mbp not the milk in your corn flakes thats causing your hair to fall out...

zurih

Reaction score
heyitsthatguy said:
dude its probably mbp not the milk in your corn flakes thats causing your hair to fall out...

I understand but is there no connection to milk in any case?
My hair started to fall when I was very young (like 18), and right now I'm 24 and almost bold...

legion00

Reaction score
so you lost your hair young and... you think milk was related? sorry i dont see the connection.

baller234

Established Member
Reaction score
Dairy products can't "cause" male pattern baldness but they can accelerate the process if you have the genetics for it. Milk comes from a very large pregnant mammal and it contains lots of hormones many of which are readily converted to DHT in the human body.

There have been studies done that linked the rise of teenage acne (acne is also caused by androgens) in western society with the consumption of milk and milk products.

vauxall

Established Member
Reaction score
Non organic milk might be very poor in zinc, so the correlation is not so weird....

s.a.f

Reaction score
No.

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
Milk is for calfs, not humans, they are suppose to drink human-breastmilk. Cows milk turns a 60 pound calf into a 600 pound cow in six months. Milk is loaded with powerful growth hormones that can turn off the human production of growth hormones due to negative feedback. Milk is also littered with estrogens, xeno-estrogens, and other chemicals. Theres strong evidence saying that high levels of estrogen and IGF-1 (insulin-like growth factor) can not only cause male pattern baldness but also prostate enlargement and cancer in men and breast cancer in women, milk has high levels of both estrogen and IGF-1. And to make matters worse, our good friends at the Monsanto corporation have genetically created rBGH; a synthetic growth hormone given to cows to increase their milk production, rBGH increases both levels of estrogen and IGF-1 in the milk more than what is naturally found there. Milk is not what is use to be... things are obviously changing; GMO, Irradiated food, cholinated water, flourinated water! Dairy consumption strongly correlates with M.P.B. especially milk, which is also shown to cause acne.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GpqwZDbMHU

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
I also want to stress how damaging estrogen is to man's body. Estrogen inhibits Growth Hormone secretion, which is vital for hair growth. As men age their testosterone levels decrease because the testosterone is converted into estrogen by the aromatase enzyme. When this happens, your body does not like this at all, so what does it do... It creates D.H.T. to try and balance the estrogen... Keep in mind that no hormone works independently... As we all know D.H.T. is created from testosterone, and estrogen is created from testosterone and androstenedione, plus we get loads of estrogen from our environment such as canned food and plastic bottles. With all this estrogen floating around in your body, it overpowers testosterone...So what does your body do? ...It creates D.H.T. (which is 3 times as powerful than testosterone) to mitigate the estrogen. Now I now what I said is very controversial, but it makes sense. Also keep in mind that their are three differnt types of estrogen; The weak estrogen: estriol; The medium strength estrogen: estrone, and the strong estrogen: estradiol. Estriol is the safe estrogen, possible beneficial in small amounts. But the other two (estrone and estradiol) can increase the effects of D.H.T... So, if you get blood work done to determine the amounts of estrogens in your body, you need to get a reading on all three estrogens, plus I'm not sure if blood work can measure the amount of xeno-estrogens in the body. Xeno-estrogens are found in high amounts in: dairy, soda/beer cans, canned food, plastics, cosmedics and so on. So how do you fight off the estrogens, you can: Look into the anti-estrogenic diet, exercise, inhibit aromatase and alpha-5-reductase with ground up flax seeds and green tea, and of course stay away from dairy (especially milk and cheese), stay away from canned food and plastics that contain liquids, like disposible water bottles. If you combat both estrogen and D.H.T. at the same time you will have better results with your regimen. Last but not least google: Estrogen Dominance and Andropause. I would also like to mention that estrogen does not effect women the same way it does men. Women tend to bald when their estrogen/S.H.B.G. levels are low.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kpHZx2SpL8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2J0F9P9e ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jeqb5xOwH0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmM6At6HZUg

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
zurih said:
My hair started to fall when I was very young (like 18), and right now I'm 24 and almost bold...

You're almost bold?? Maybe you should take some assertiveness training to become COMPLETELY bold! Women like that in a man! :)

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
baller234 said:
Milk comes from a very large pregnant mammal and it contains lots of hormones many of which are readily converted to DHT in the human body.

Name me a few of the ones that you think can convert to DHT.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
misterE said:
Milk is for calfs, not humans; human-breastmilk.

Does that mean we can't eat foods other than the ones that are specifically meant for humans (breast-milk, in other words)? If that's true, I can only hope and pray that Cindy Crawford takes pity on me and decides to keep me fed for the rest of my life! :)

misterE said:
Cows milk turns a 60 pound calf into a 600 pound cow in six months.

LOL!! But calves drink a lot MORE milk than we do! There's nothing inherent in the design of cow milk that increases weight by 10-fold in whatever animal drinks it. Milk is a very nutritious food, and highly recommended.

misterE said:
Milk is loaded with powerful growth hormones that can turn off the human production of growth hormones due to negative feedback.

Reference or citation, please. FYI, the release of human growth isn't affected by negative feedback: "Effects of Physiologic Levels of Glucagon and Growth Hormone on Human Carbohydrate and Lipid Metabolism", J Clin Invest 57:875-884, (1976).

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
Humans are suppose to drink breast milk, not cow milk. Animals drink milk at a young age to help them grow, then they quite and take on a differnet diet. Humans drink breast milk when they are young to help them grow, then they take on a different diet consisting of bovine milk, cheese, butter, soda, candy, fried foods, trans fats, alcohol...Damn no wonder why us westerner's are balding. Milk contains high levels of IGF-1, circulating levels of IGF-1 inhibits GH (growth hormone). The more milk you drink definatly will make you grow...except you'll slowly be growing old instead of strong. For any one who does not take this advice...Good luck and enjoy your cow hormones!

28 things you should know if you drink milk: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBBFTpTMUbc

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
misterE said:
As men age their testosterone levels decrease because the testosterone is converted into estrogen by the aromatase enzyme. When this happens, your body does not like this at all, so what does it do... It creates D.H.T. to try and balance the estrogen...

I have told you REPEATEDLY that you don't know what you're talking about. Answer this question for me: why is it that when you reduce estrogen by taking an aromatse inhibitor, your DHT levels actually RISE?? Why don't you bite the bullet and respond to that question? Are you afraid to do that?? :)

misterE said:
As we all know D.H.T. is created from testosterone, and estrogen is created from testosterone and androstenedione, plus we get loads of estrogen from our environment such as canned food and plastic bottles. With all this estrogen floating around in your body, it overpowers testosterone...So what does your body do? ...It creates D.H.T. (which is 3 times as powerful than testosterone) to mitigate the estrogen.

So why does taking an aromatase inhibitor RAISE your DHT level? Answer the question!

misterE said:
So how do you fight off the estrogens, you can: Look into the anti-estrogenic diet, exercise, inhibit aromatase and alpha-5-reductase with ground up flax seeds and green tea, and of course stay away from dairy (especially milk and cheese), stay away from canned food and plastics that contain liquids, like disposible water bottles. If you combat both estrogen and D.H.T. at the same time you will have better results with your regimen.

So why does taking an aromatase inhibitor actually RAISE your DHT level? Answer the question!

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
misterE said:
Humans are suppose to drink breast milk, not cow milk.

Many humans _do_ drink breast milk, not human milk. But that doesn't mean that cow milk isn't a nutritious food. It is.

misterE said:
Animals drink milk at a young age to help them grow, then they quite and take on a differnet diet. Humans drink breast milk when they are young to help them grow, then they take on a different diet consisting of bovine milk, cheese, butter, soda, candy, fried foods, trans fats, alcohol...Damn no wonder why us westerner's are balding.

You haven't provided any evidence that milk contributes to balding. In fact, it could conceivably do the opposite of that by actually FIGHTING balding.

misterE said:
Any one who does not take this advice...Good luck and enjoy your cow hormones!

Thanks. I will.

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
Bryan said:
misterE said:
As men age their testosterone levels decrease because the testosterone is converted into estrogen by the aromatase enzyme. When this happens, your body does not like this at all, so what does it do... It creates D.H.T. to try and balance the estrogen...

I have told you REPEATEDLY that you don't know what you're talking about. Answer this question for me: why is it that when you reduce estrogen by taking an aromatse inhibitor, your DHT levels actually RISE?? Why don't you bite the bullet and respond to that question? Are you afraid to do that?? :)

misterE said:
As we all know D.H.T. is created from testosterone, and estrogen is created from testosterone and androstenedione, plus we get loads of estrogen from our environment such as canned food and plastic bottles. With all this estrogen floating around in your body, it overpowers testosterone...So what does your body do? ...It creates D.H.T. (which is 3 times as powerful than testosterone) to mitigate the estrogen.

So why does taking an aromatase inhibitor RAISE your DHT level? Answer the question!

misterE said:
So how do you fight off the estrogens, you can: Look into the anti-estrogenic diet, exercise, inhibit aromatase and alpha-5-reductase with ground up flax seeds and green tea, and of course stay away from dairy (especially milk and cheese), stay away from canned food and plastics that contain liquids, like disposible water bottles. If you combat both estrogen and D.H.T. at the same time you will have better results with your regimen.

So why does taking an aromatase inhibitor actually RAISE your DHT level? Answer the question!

OK... Mr. Know It All... I usually don't respond to people of your type whether it be here in cyber-space or in the real world...But since I honestly want to help these poor people that have come to this web-site for advice and help, I will answer the question, even thou you probably know the answer. Balding men have low S.H.B.G. (possibly due to high insulin levels) which means they have a lot of "free testosterone" If you inhibit just D.H.T. the "free testosterone" will convert to estrogen causing higher estrogen levels, which can cause gyno or sexual problems like watery semen or E.D. If you inhibit just aromatase, then the "free testosterone" will convert to D.H.T. which will cause higher D.H.T. levels If you have enough S.H.B.G. then you would not need to inhibit either aromatase or alpha-5-reductase because the testosterone is bound up to S.H.B.G. and unable to convert to either estrogen or D.H.T. which is ideal.

I hope I didn't make a typo somewhere in this post otherwise Brain...I mean Brian will try and belittle me like he has others...anyway, you must increase testosterone in harmony with S.H.B.G. and inhibit aromatase and alpha-5-reductase that is the key! Some ways to increase S.H.B.G. are: lay off the sugar!!!!! Increase fiber and drink green tea:
http://www.hairloss-research.org/GreenT ... sSHBG.html

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
misterE said:
OK... Mr. Know It All... I usually don't respond to people of your type whether it be here in cyber-space or in the real world...

You mean people who challenge the silly claims you make with scientific evidence?

misterE said:
If you inhibit just aromatase, then the "free testosterone" will convert to D.H.T. which will cause higher D.H.T. levels

LOL!! First you said that if estrogen goes UP, DHT will also go UP. Now you're saying that if estrogen goes DOWN, DHT still goes UP. Which is it? Make up your mind!! :smack:

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
Your right Brian...I give up! You are completely right...The only way to beat M.P.B. is to submit to propecia or rogain...Which one of those corporations do you work for, so that I can know which product to buy, because it seems like you don't ever try and find natural remedies or hypotheses like I do, nor try and help people who do not want to take synthetics or can't afford the synthetics. And only someone like you would spend so much time and effort on numerous forums slashing other peoples theories and hypotheses and not offer any other advice other than to take drugs...Hell, you don't even mention your regimen...Are you even balding? Why else would you spend all this time and effort on numerous forums yet not give advice or help? I may be wrong (I don't think so...but hey, what can I do that I haven’t already), but at least I'm throwing around ideas and posting my theories, it seems to me that you wait around for theories and slash at them without providing any advice or help...Why? Which company are you working for? Are you trying to help people with hair loss or are you slashing at anyone who comes close "the truth" regarding M.P.B.? You said that drinking milk will help fight against balding, yet the evidence show that milk can cause not only thinning hair but also prostate cancer...We all know that anything bad for the prostate is bad for hair. Chances are you will not answer any of my questions, even thou I answered yours the best I could...So why don't you bite the bullet and give us your idea on how M.P.B. works or tells us which company you work for? If you don't give us your hypothesis, chances are you are working for Merck or Upjohn. If you claim you don't work for either Merck or Upjohn then let's hear your hypothesis...