Can Male Pattern Baldness Turn Into Dupa Later In Life?

Dirty_Harry

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, this might seem a very very silly question but I'm gonna ask anyway:

Can a guy with a common hair loss pattern and moderate hair loss (slowly losing 5-10 years first from temples and later from hairline) end up later in his late 20's and early 30's developing DUPA? Now, I'm not talking about retrograde because I believe that a lot of people have it, even if they don't have classic male pattern baldness, neither diffuse thinning because of age.Do people with DUPA tend to lose at first from all over their head evenly? Or do they start in a most common pattern?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Hey, this might seem a very very silly question but I'm gonna ask anyway:

Can a guy with a common hair loss pattern and moderate hair loss (slowly losing 5-10 years first from temples and later from hairline) end up later in his late 20's and early 30's developing DUPA? Now, I'm not talking about retrograde because I believe that a lot of people have it, even if they don't have classic male pattern baldness, neither diffuse thinning because of age.Do people with DUPA tend to lose at first from all over their head evenly? Or do they start in a most common pattern?
I think hair loss patterns can vary. You have DUPA vs DPA. One has a pattern and one doesn't. Female hair loss is considered diffuse patterned alopecia. DUPA has no distinct pattern and is very uncommon.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think hair loss patterns can vary. You have DUPA vs DPA. One has a pattern and one doesn't. Female hair loss is considered diffuse patterned alopecia. DUPA has no distinct pattern and is very uncommon.
And apparently f*****g impossible to treat

Iamzizou

My Regimen
Reaction score
IMG_20180223_094111.jpg
IMG_20180215_083434.jpg
IMG_20180209_180915.jpg
IMG_20180209_120902.jpg
IMG_20180209_120539.jpg
IMG_20180215_081059.jpg
IMG_20180222_145259.jpg

Is there no hope left for me?
Iam depressed and suicidal.
Do I have DUPA?
IS MY CASE IRREVERSIBLE AND TOO ADVANCED?

Dirty_Harry

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
chill. You're fine on the top of your head, that's what matters. I also lose from the sides and have become thinner. If you want to consider hair transplant search on this forum, or ask someone who has better understanding on that matter.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Iam suicidal.one doctor suggested transplant other keeps suggesting minoxidil
I know it’s hard, but you need to try to stay calm and be patient with treatments.
The first thing is to understand what is causing the hairloss. Have you had blood tests done? Thyroid, iron, b12, zinc, vitamin D, DHT, testosterone and DHEAS? if this is Androgenetic Alopecia, your first best options are finasterdie and minoxidil 5%. Be aware that these treatments can cause some hair shedding in the first few months of treatment which is scary but NORMAL. The hairs usually grow back thicker and stronger. I would not opt for a transplant before you have tried these treatments and have given them at least a year before you assess how well they are working for you.

I have Dupa/retrograde with female pattern loss also. I have found can oral minoxidil can be helpful. I wish you the best of luck and try to stay positive. There are things that can work.

Xyz23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
at first my hairloss looked like "normal" male pattern baldness. after few months it turned into retrograde