Can I Use Skin System If I Do Sport?

Jack Beere

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,
I am booked in for a hair system and I’m pretty sure it is a skin system rather than a lace, becaus the whole head is glued. I’m reading most places reccomend lace for sporty people as it allows the head to breath..
I train around 4-5 times per week, Boxing, football, running, gym.
I am told by the salon that it will be fine, and may just need more attention, perhaps cleaning every 2 weeks etc. Does anyone know anymore regarding this?
Would really appreciate it!

Noah

Reaction score
You can use it, in the sense that it won't come off or anything like that, but as you say it isn't breathable, so you will find that sweat gets trapped under the base, which can be a bit uncomfortable. I also found that the sweat would stay under the base for a while and then suddenly run down my face all at one go, which could be a bit weird and embarrassing. So my view is that lace is definitely better for someone with your lifestyle, but if you have already committed to skin it's not a disaster - just keep an open mind and consider switching to lace for your second unit.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
You can use it, in the sense that it won't come off or anything like that, but as you say it isn't breathable, so you will find that sweat gets trapped under the base, which can be a bit uncomfortable. I also found that the sweat would stay under the base for a while and then suddenly run down my face all at one go, which could be a bit weird and embarrassing. So my view is that lace is definitely better for someone with your lifestyle, but if you have already committed to skin it's not a disaster - just keep an open mind and consider switching to lace for your second unit.
What if with lace you cover the whole surface with glue? Is it and does it feel the same as skin then when sweating? Can sweat pass through glue?

Noah

Reaction score
What if with lace you cover the whole surface with glue? Is it and does it feel the same as skin then when sweating? Can sweat pass through glue?

Yes, sweat just passes through the glue. A lace base with a full glue headband is a good solution, especially if you want more or less total undetectability to the touch. The only downside is that it is messy to clean up.

Fanjeera

Reaction score

Yes, sweat just passes through the glue. A lace base with a full glue headband is a good solution, especially if you want more or less total undetectability to the touch. The only downside is that it is messy to clean up.
I discovered this product: http://www.hairdirect.com/store/protouch-cleanskin-scalp-4oz.aspx

No problems anymore with getting Ghostbond XL off from my scalp and even from hair. Leaves the hair healthy.

Jack Beere

My Regimen
Reaction score
So by the sounds of things, a lace system, is best to let the head breath during sweating and sport, and to get a good hold and finish, glue the whole head as if it was a skin system?

Noah

Reaction score
That gives the best looking healthiest most comfortable result, but the clean-up is more work.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Why is the clean up harder and how often do you re attach?
Thanks
Because there will be so much glue. But that also means your attachment will last longer and you don't have to dere so often. I do it once a month only.

Jack Beere

My Regimen
Reaction score
Because there will be so much glue. But that also means your attachment will last longer and you don't have to dere so often. I do it once a month only.
But the skin systems you glue the whole head also, so is it not the same clean up ?
Sorry it I sound silly I’m very new to this.. appreciate your help too

Fanjeera

Reaction score
But the skin systems you glue the whole head also, so is it not the same clean up ?
Sorry it I sound silly I’m very new to this.. appreciate your help too
I guess scalp cleanup will be as bad, but cleaning the base is easy with skin.

Noah

Reaction score
As Fanjeera said, cleaning dried glue off a plastic membrane ("skin") is easier than off a delicate mesh ("lace"). You can give the skin a scrub, whereas you have to be very gentle with lace.