Can I Live A Normal Life Again? How Did You Move Foreword?

WheeljackG1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My hair loss has effected me in such a deep deep fundamental level. It's just completely shattered my self identity. I've had other issues in my life, so it's not a case of "everything was fine till hairloss came", but in the things I have experienced, none have effected me as deeply as my hair loss. I am indescribably tired of having my hair control my mood and my life. I can put all the work and energy in I can muster into getting in a good mood, but one night of heavy shedding in the shower will have me laid out for the next day in bed depressed. It's stolen the past two years from me. I will be 30 before too long and I feel cheated out of the last half of my 20s. I've had a lot of health problems lately, and I suspect my depression is getting bad enough that it's effecting my physical health. I truely don't see how life could ever improve.

How do you move foreword through something like this? Is there even a reason to? My family has spent thousands on therapy, but I ask them not to cause it just doesn't help. Has anyone been here and made it through, to live a normal life again?

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
There are a few options. A hair system. That's one. Shaving and accept your genetic fate. You have to understand that people don't care about your hair, the same way you didn't care about balding people around you before you started losing it.

I suggest you find something to idientify yourself with outside your hair

WheeljackG1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are a few options. A hair system. That's one. Shaving and accept your genetic fate. You have to understand that people don't care about your hair, the same way you didn't care about balding people around you before you started losing it.

I suggest you find something to idientify yourself with outside your hair

Thanks for replying. I cannot shave my head, as I look hideous with a shaved head. My BDD would eat me alive if I shaved my head. Also I would have to get a full cap hair system as I'm balding all over not just on top. Sideburns, back of head, sides, top, everything. So that makes it super complicated and expensive. I used to have hobbies and passion, but have had Really bad luck and after several injuries an can no longer do them.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
I remember that I was browsing the web every day just looking at pictures of bald/balding men and reading bluepilled articles, searching for a way to handle this mess.

Eventually I dealt with the harsh truth, that my norwood was really killing my physical attractiveness and neither growing it out in a combover nor buzzing it was doing anything. Then my life was saved by hair transplants, and I recommend anyone who can to follow the same path.

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
As someone that thought I'd be a NW6 by age 25, now 32, I think the worse part is you picturing your future...

Honestly, don't know how bad or aggressive it is, get on treatment and preserve what you got and see options after you stabalize. Honestly think about your options and act. If it's finasteride, min, a hair system or Hair transplant, so be it. Get it done and get out there. No reason to sit and feel sorry for yourself.

WheeljackG1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As someone that thought I'd be a NW6 by age 25, now 32, I think the worse part is you picturing your future...

Honestly, don't know how bad or aggressive it is, get on treatment and preserve what you got and see options after you stabalize. Honestly think about your options and act. If it's finasteride, min, a hair system or Hair transplant, so be it. Get it done and get out there. No reason to sit and feel sorry for yourself.

My options are pretty limited. I decided not to take propecia because I have some liver issues, and although they shouldn't interfere, I don't want to risk it. I tried ketoconazole or whatever and it did nothing. Honestly I've had more luck with health and all natural stuff. Also I can't get a hair transplant cause my donor area is shedding. Im still trying to see another dermatologist as my last one was pretty confused at my biopsy. Im thinking of trying trinov and maybe sandalor or whatever till a better treatment comes out.

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
Honestly I am wondering the same thing. I've decided that I'll work on life for a little longer. If nothing improves, I'll write a will and be done with everything. I don't think that you can move on after your life is ruined irreparably. Having hair is necessary to live a satisfactory and fruitful life. No amount of being in shape, earning money etc can change that. Your life is ruined and does not improve. My view for myself was that i should try to improve my life and if it does not improve, give up.

realself

My Regimen
Reaction score
This may sound cheesy but figuring out a cause, like helping others less fortunate, focusing on positive stuff in your life, does help a bit.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
This may sound cheesy but figuring out a cause, like helping others less fortunate, focusing on positive stuff in your life, does help a bit.

Im all for that but I only think it helps because you are living a "well Im better off than THIS guy" situation first hand.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly I am wondering the same thing. I've decided that I'll work on life for a little longer. If nothing improves, I'll write a will and be done with everything. I don't think that you can move on after your life is ruined irreparably. Having hair is necessary to live a satisfactory and fruitful life. No amount of being in shape, earning money etc can change that. Your life is ruined and does not improve. My view for myself was that i should try to improve my life and if it does not improve, give up.
Why isn't hair system an option? I know I'd consider it if I wasn't eligible for a transplant.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not my personality type unfortunately. I'm more of a self centered, competitive type. Don't get me wrong though, I still wish others well.

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
Im all for that but I only think it helps because you are living a "well Im better off than THIS guy" situation first hand.

Is it really feasible to encounter many people worse off than us in day to day life though? These days I do not even give homeless guys with a NW1 any pity. A homeless guy with a NW1 could put all his energy into working his way up and eventually live a satisfactory life. A bald guy can't do the same, and we're all evidence of that.

Why isn't hair system an option? I know I'd consider it if I wasn't eligible for a transplant.

The hair transplant store told me that I suit the shaved look. How would I start wearing a system one day also? What shame it would bring...

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it really feasible to encounter many people worse off than us in day to day life though? These days I do not even give homeless guys with a NW1 any pity. A homeless guy with a NW1 could put all his energy into working his way up and eventually live a satisfactory life. A bald guy can't do the same, and we're all evidence of that.

The hair transplant store told me that I suit the shaved look. How would I start wearing a system one day also? What shame it would bring...
Sounds like SMP is your best bet then.

2 celebs in my country have it and it looks nice.

Matt3535

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys, don't get me wrong. I signed up here, so I suffer as well and I do understand how it gets to you and how it destroys your self-image and even your self-worth. I don't like my face either if I pull my hair back. It lacks the framing it used to have and so on. I do understand you.

I preface this so much because people quickly become cynical and put off this counterfact easily but it is true.
I know a lot of bald men in my life. I'm 31 and made it through my 20s with my hair intact. Some of my friends didn't. I am not married, I had two long-term relationships but I'm not so happy tbh at the moment. One of my best friends is though. Or he hides his sadness really well but I sincerely doubt it. He lost his hair when he was 17. He was a balding NW4 when he went to college, back in the early 2000s, when "just shave it bro" still wasn't such a big notion as it is today. He still had a great time. He is a super interesting and, maybe perhaps more importantly, interested guy. You gotta be interested in things before you can become across as passionate to others I believe. Today he is married and has a daughter. He had multiple jobs, is very successful, worked in tv, etc.

Among the 20 or so men who work at my firm, 2/3 are bald or balding. There's a guy who is super ripped, like the swimmer-type (not bodybuilding), did gymnastics/mountain-biking his whole life and has a strong NW2 in the front but is super bald in the back, so he shaves it down and it looks good on him. He appears very dominant, focused, has a super hot wife and just built his house.

There are more examples but I'll stop here because you've heard it before. You know what I'm saying. I know it doesn't help hearing about the success of others, so please understand I'm not saying it to add insult to injury but there is definitely a life after or while losing your hair. It's something you should ALWAYS remind yourself of, no matter how you're feeling. I'm not saying it shouldn't bother you. It is a big deal for everyone, you can't convince me otherwise. Even for these guys who come up in positive examples.

But it really isn't the end of your life. If it is, you weren't doing so great before and that is not a shame to admit. It's just another thing and there's help you can get for that.

Matt3535

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

You know, this is a really shitty thing to say, my dude. Maybe you should consider the possibility that hairloss isn't the biggest hurdle to overcome in your life.

WheeljackG1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys, don't get me wrong. I signed up here, so I suffer as well and I do understand how it gets to you and how it destroys your self-image and even your self-worth. I don't like my face either if I pull my hair back. It lacks the framing it used to have and so on. I do understand you.

I preface this so much because people quickly become cynical and put off this counterfact easily but it is true.
I know a lot of bald men in my life. I'm 31 and made it through my 20s with my hair intact. Some of my friends didn't. I am not married, I had two long-term relationships but I'm not so happy tbh at the moment. One of my best friends is though. Or he hides his sadness really well but I sincerely doubt it. He lost his hair when he was 17. He was a balding NW4 when he went to college, back in the early 2000s, when "just shave it bro" still wasn't such a big notion as it is today. He still had a great time. He is a super interesting and, maybe perhaps more importantly, interested guy. You gotta be interested in things before you can become across as passionate to others I believe. Today he is married and has a daughter. He had multiple jobs, is very successful, worked in tv, etc.

Among the 20 or so men who work at my firm, 2/3 are bald or balding. There's a guy who is super ripped, like the swimmer-type (not bodybuilding), did gymnastics/mountain-biking his whole life and has a strong NW2 in the front but is super bald in the back, so he shaves it down and it looks good on him. He appears very dominant, focused, has a super hot wife and just built his house.

There are more examples but I'll stop here because you've heard it before. You know what I'm saying. I know it doesn't help hearing about the success of others, so please understand I'm not saying it to add insult to injury but there is definitely a life after or while losing your hair. It's something you should ALWAYS remind yourself of, no matter how you're feeling. I'm not saying it shouldn't bother you. It is a big deal for everyone, you can't convince me otherwise. Even for these guys who come up in positive examples.

But it really isn't the end of your life. If it is, you weren't doing so great before and that is not a shame to admit. It's just another thing and there's help you can get for that.

Hair loss came at the worst possible time in my life. I had worked astronomically hard in college, putting in 120 hour weeks for months on end. I struggled to get work after college, then when things started to go ok I got an injury that rendered me unable to ever do that particular work again. I was also very ugly in my early 20s. I lost a huge amount of weight got in shape, and looked really good for a while, then lost my hair. This is something that constantly repeats in my life. No matter what I do or how hard I work, something outside of my control destroyes it before I reap any reward. Well now I've given up ever working or puttin in effort again, cause I know that it wind yield any results anyway.

You know, this is a really shitty thing to say, my dude. Maybe you should consider the possibility that hairloss isn't the biggest hurdle to overcome in your life.

I would be homeless if it weren't for my family. Although what he said is extreme, I understand where it's coming from. The idea of being limited by what you can't control, feels like being trapped in a fairly nice cage. While the nw1 homeless man may be in a bad spot, but at least he has no cage and has his freedom and opportunity.

doubleindemnity

Reaction score

But is it really? A NW1 homeless is better than a bald guy like me. Balance it up
-NW6. No chance to get married or have children. Absolute impossibility. Therefore it's difficult for him to be useful to society. He'd have to do it in another way compared to having children.
-Homeless NW1. It's extremely difficult but he could, with the smallest chance, work his way out of homelessness. Then, with his NW1, he could have children and raise them to be upstanding members of society, and contributing to the world.

Matt3535

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"While the nw1 homeless man may be in a bad spot, but at least he has no cage and has his freedom and opportunity."

You're either young or very naive or both. Either way, get your head checked.

WheeljackG1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"While the nw1 homeless man may be in a bad spot, but at least he has no cage and has his freedom and opportunity."

You're either young or very naive or both. Either way, get your head checked.

Like I said, I would be homeless if it weren't for my family. Actually I was going to end it all early this year, but didn't because of my family. It's still strange to me that I didn't cause it feels like my life ended anyway and that I'm like floating in the twilight zone right now.