Can I Get Your Thoughts On My Hair Please?

Hairlinetesticles

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey forum,

I posted a thread back in January outlining my experience with Finasteride. I've been off it since and I would say that my hair is thinner, especially along the hairline.

I tend to wear hats a lot at work which can irritate and dry out my skin causing dandruff (especially in summer). I'm trying to figure out if my hairloss is also being caused mechanically (flaky skin, inflammation), as well as genetically.

Last year before I started finasteride I first noticed my hair was weak and lifeless a couple months after losing my job, barely eating and staying up till 4am depressed, so also not sure if stress can make your hair look like sh*t? Before that the hair seemed stronger and a bit more dense.

Anyways, life is great now but hair not 100%. Here are pictures of my hair wet, in front of natural light. Does it look like diffuse thinning or just a mature hairline? finasteride worked last year so probably the former?

I'm going to not wear any hats and use Ketoconazole every day and minoxidil and report back in a couple of months with pics. I'm also going to eat healthier. If it works I'll start a small dose of finasteride and post results too, to narrow down what treatments are working.

Attachments

• hair111.jpg
    hair111.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 364
  • hair222.jpg
    hair222.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 353
  • hair333.jpg
    hair333.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 287

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Looks like a mature hairline with diffuse thinning. Your hair looks fine in texture so you might just look diffuse. Hard to tell if someone has natural low density versus diffuse thinning. What is your age?

Hairlinetesticles

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like a mature hairline with diffuse thinning. Your hair looks fine in texture so you might just look diffuse. Hard to tell if someone has natural low density versus diffuse thinning. What is your age?
What do you mean by "texture"?

I'm 26. My hair has always been thinner than my brothers (thin as in the actual hair - finer) but hair dressers and barbers used to comment on how much of it I had, now it looks kind of sparse and the hairline doesn't look definitive if you know what I mean?

Thanks for replying man.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
What do you mean by "texture"?

I'm 26. My hair has always been thinner than my brothers (thin as in the actual hair - finer) but hair dressers and barbers used to comment on how much of it I had, now it looks kind of sparse and the hairline doesn't look definitive if you know what I mean?

Thanks for replying man.
I just didn't want to confuse you and say your hair looks "fine" as in nothing wrong with it. I used to have fine hair with high density. Now I have fine hair with low density( diffuse loss).

Hairlinetesticles

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just didn't want to confuse you and say your hair looks "fine" as in nothing wrong with it. I used to have fine hair with high density. Now I have fine hair with low density( diffuse loss).

Ah, thanks for clarifying. How's your hair looking now with treatments?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Ah, thanks for clarifying. How's your hair looking now with treatments?
Started a diffuse NW1 like you have now and after 12 years on Propecia, getting close to a diffuse all over NW2 with the crown now diffusing.

g.i joey

Reaction score
Forelock is thinning out nice, get on finasteride, hat or no hat will have 0 effect on the progression of your hairloss. Ketoconzale by itself is completely useless for male pattern baldness

Hairlinetesticles

My Regimen
Reaction score
Started a diffuse NW1 like you have now and after 12 years on Propecia, getting close to a diffuse all over NW2 with the crown now diffusing.

Interesting, how have the sides been after 12 years - if any at all?

Forelock is thinning out nice, get on finasteride, hat or no hat will have 0 effect on the progression of your hairloss. Ketoconzale by itself is completely useless for male pattern baldness

I read a study that showed significant improvement among mice hair counts and hair densities, but in humans you might be correct. Interesting nonetheless.

Attachments

• hair.jpg
    hair.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 160

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Interesting, how have the sides been after 12 years - if any at all?

I read a study that showed significant improvement among mice hair counts and hair densities, but in humans you might be correct. Interesting nonetheless.
The only side was decrease in ejaculate volume and watery too.