Can Genetic Condition"sagittal Synostosis"explain Hairloss ?by Skull Expansion?

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been reading research about male pattern baldness for a year now and no theory had convinced me much except skull expansion theory. I was surprised by it initially then I ignore it for some unknown reason. From last couple of weeks or so I am again studying and reading about it thoroughly. While searching about skull anatomy and adult skull growth I came across a rare genetic condition known as cranial" sagittal synostosis". In this condition a childs perietal skull bones fuses earlier and skull has to grow longer to compensate developing brain. That means front skull bone protrudes way further than normal creating pressure above overlying scalp . it also causes hairloss in affected children ,surprisingly in a same fasion as male pattern baldness.
When doctors correct this sagittal synostosis condition surgically the child patient regrows hair as normal child. This is I think a proof that male pattern baldness is caused by skull expansion in a same way as it happens in sagittal synostosis. I will be attaching photos of this condition.
https://static1.squarespace.com/sta...76536/Sagittal+Suture+CT+Lateral?format=1000w

https://static1.squarespace.com/sta...Synostosis+Example+Top+Down+View?format=1000w
https://static1.squarespace.com/sta...977586049/Sagittal+Top+Down+View?format=1000w

https://static1.squarespace.com/sta...ostosis+Example+Photo+Front+View?format=1500w

https://static1.squarespace.com/sta...093c908/1432824482936/Slide4.jpg?format=2500w

Any thoughts?

Last edited:

jiggo

Reaction score
I can easily explain it as i had a large hair transplant and dont use finasterdine or minoxidil. It takes 10 years but the transplanted hairs also follow the same path as the original hairs. So this theory makes sense.

If that would be the general case it would be already public. It is commonly that hairs from donor area dont fall out because of DHT resistancy or whatever. Probably hairs from non-safe donor were used in your transplant. Also in some cases people also lose their donor hair or atleast the donor thins out but thats rare.

Tsuji's and Replicel's technology is based on taking donor hair and creating hairs from that.

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
nice find. first time I hear "sagittal synostosis" but that's quite crazy/scary/interesting...
this kid literally had a norwood 7 pattern
http://www.drderderian.com/sagittal-craniosynostosis/
and you will find some with diffuse and receiding hairline.. ...
scarily comparable :eek:

7.png

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
tmp-cam-970612766.jpg
Another version of this disease is metopic synostosis. In which reverse is true. Frontal bone fuses earlier and bones on the top expands . it is no surprise that in metopic synostosis child patient keeps frontal hairline but becomes bald on the crown area. Interesting!!!

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why does transplanted hair grow on bald areas?
Because they are transplanted on uppar side of the scalp ,not deep enough .so they experience less pressure . also finasteride daily after transplant could be helping the transplanted hair to keep themselves. Original Hairs on future bald areas experience harsh enviroment for years which changes its histology ,stem cell progenitor cells changes in size and shape. That's why they fall out after transplanted to other body site.

Jk1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If that would be the general case it would be already public. It is commonly that hairs from donor area dont fall out because of DHT resistancy or whatever. Probably hairs from non-safe donor were used in your transplant. Also in some cases people also lose their donor hair or atleast the donor thins out but thats rare.

Tsuji's and Replicel's technology is based on taking donor hair and creating hairs from that.
The reason its not common knowledge is that most hair transplant doctors make u take finasterdine or minoxidil that delays it even further but with enough time it happens again. I would say my hair transplant was perfect for 6 or 7 years after with no treatments and now its going downhill fast.. and im talking 8000fue so i know which ones they are

Ayr9

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea skull bones definition and shaped and growth definitely helps in balding...Most of my friends who are Norwood 1 have almost perfect head shape and they are no where angular and so smooth,thin and so so very pliable...And my head is so much angular in the vertex region and crown region...I can feel it by touching it....Being a nw1 diffuse unpatterned thinner I lose most hair from vertex and crown whose shape is very irregular and almost hard as rock..

jiggo

Reaction score
Because they are transplanted on uppar side of the scalp ,not deep enough .so they experience less pressure . also finasteride daily after transplant could be helping the transplanted hair to keep themselves. Original Hairs on future bald areas experience harsh enviroment for years which changes its histology ,stem cell progenitor cells changes in size and shape. That's why they fall out after transplanted to other body site.

Then the solution is really easy. Take the follicles of future bald area and implant them on the same area again. Of course this will only be available for the ones which still habe their hair.

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is like the worst news ever. Someone give me a reason besides transplants for why this is bogus.

cause if this is true how the hell do we stop the bone growth? Hell i thought as we get older our brains get smaller

Update! Good news i found one example
Of an adult with microcephaly hell is skull is so small its practically as if his missing a chunk. Guess what. He has full blown male pattern baldness.

skull expansion occurs but it doesnt cause balding. The skin and follicle would compensate for any expansion by extending and thickening.

rats have hella hair. Cats. Dogs. They all can grow super big and fat and they never start thinning only cause of any form of expansion

Attachments

• D15AF818-6BFF-499C-95C9-9AA19A0A9D0C.jpeg
    D15AF818-6BFF-499C-95C9-9AA19A0A9D0C.jpeg
    56.2 KB · Views: 571
Last edited:

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have just turned 30. I have been losing my hair since I was 16. I have experienced rapid temple recession, crown recession, diffuse thinning, miniaturization and seborrheic dermatitis. I am now a Norwood 5 and I shave once per week.

I have tried a) derma-roller, b) minoxidil, c) finasteride (propecia) and d) dutasteride (avodart). These treatments would reverse my hair back to a Norwood 1 but the side effects were ridiculous both on my body and mentally.

I have had massive headaches as a teenager. I have had Hashimoto’s hypothyroidism since then (treating it with 100mg / day of Tyrosint). I have had dermatitis when I was an infant for a few months (very common). I don’t smoke, drink or so drugs.

I bore you with these to understand that I, as many of you, try to find an answer and so having a clear picture of what’s going on helps.

I have no doubt in my mind that this theory is correct. I don’t care if we call it skull expansion but the concept behind it is undoubtedly correct.

It explains why we lose hair in such patterns. It explains why every actual alopecia sufferer has the same skull shape. But it doesn’t explain other stuff, such as why DHT treatments or vasodilators work and why people with weird head shapes have hair. I’ll leave my opinion here.

I think that the condition OP mentions is the one causing the inflammation in the first place and that has been proven (tension increasing inflammation, derma-rollers emerge etc). So by eliminating DHT, not inflammation, we are able to reverse some of the condition (we are talking feminization protocols, which have also been proven to relieve bone tension). As far as people with “big heads that have hair”, we are focusing on the wrong thing. A head can be gigantic for all we care, the secret lies in the fusion and parts of it that we cannot see (unless we see a CT scan). Moreover, from the pictures shown it’s clear as day that the theory is correct. Transplanted hair are also proven to fall after a decade or more, so this further proves the DHT theories are bollocks.

Now as to why there is some sort of hereditary link to alopecia and why people lose hair as they grow old...

A) we know that some people bald and some don’t, so this proves that inheriting alopecia isn’t always so. Thus, I believe some unlucky ones are dealt with the skull condition that probably passes on and some don’t.

B) as to why we lose hair as we grow really old (those who don’t have alopecia), I think it has to do with - again - expansion or change in posture and tension generating through the years. I don’t think it’s hormonal at all, if the base condition isn’t there. That’s why there are people who are 80-90 years old and they have hair everywhere.

So the entire hair loss industry is focusing on the surface, in a secondary situation CAUSED BY the actual root of the problem and they all know that it isn’t reversible so the market won’t ever stop growing. Pretty cool huh?

And to anyone thinking about trying to solve it now by having a cranial operation, I haven’t read the entire article but i think it’s debatable whether it can work in adults. Surely it works for infants but it must be a horrifying experience to undergo.

And there we have it. The cure for alopecia is break your skull when you’re a baby. Or forever be bald and spend thousands into treatments that barely scratch the surface.

Merry Christmas!

I literally posted one case that completely disproves it as the cause.

Also here is a photo of two twins one who took dutasteride the other who didnt.

The guy on the right didnt take dutasteride and i cropped off the hair from his brother from the left and matched it to scale to the twin on the right. Beside the fat gain. They look exactly the same. No clear difference in skull shape.

hair makes ur skull appear smaller. Also there are old guys with head expansion and still have hair

Attachments

• 46D0D6B6-6048-441B-A075-AEBFD970EEAE.jpeg
    46D0D6B6-6048-441B-A075-AEBFD970EEAE.jpeg
    110.1 KB · Views: 672

vinnievandall

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have positional plagiocephaly and im balding and alot of my friends who have this are balding too

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191207_000911_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    Screenshot_20191207_000911_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 394

Fgsfds

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Imagine being so low IQ you didn't immediately debunk this in your head after thinking of it. Then why does applying DHT to ex-vivo follicles kill them? Why do hairs translated from balding areas to the forearm still miniaturize at the same rate as the hairs they came from? Gas yourself.

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Imagine being so low IQ you didn't immediately debunk this in your head after thinking of it. Then why does applying DHT to ex-vivo follicles kill them? Why do hairs translated from balding areas to the forearm still miniaturize at the same rate as the hairs they came from? Gas yourself.
I dont beleive in skull expansion theory.

but to answer your question once the follicle has been given the command to die off. It continues that action. We need a way to the opposite. We need to study embryos more.

vinnievandall

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not every form of hairloss is from dht my dht is very low and finasteride and dutasteride doesnt work for me i think when your headshape is off it could cause hairloss but for most people its just because of dht

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We need solutions. I am on finasteride. Started aggressively massaging. I beleive its micro calcification rather than skull expansion itself. That micro calcification leads to skull expansion. Theres also the fact i was reading up about tendons and as we get older their blood flow gets reduced significantly. The areas we bald tend to be over tendon like tissue. Then again i have thinning all over my head except for that one really small patch in the back safe zone.

nape thinned out which is super weird its not even on the scalp. This is one of the reasons i dont believe in skull expansion as the cause.