can finasteride make you ugly?? not joking . finasteride face changes anyone?

Feelsbadman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Possible water retention due to increased E. Idk how fast it could happen because it is different for everybody. In my case finasteride did not give me fat face, but when i took duta i got it on the 8th month very suddenly and lost half my beard. But duta is much stronger and when i went back to finasteride, fat face went away within a week. In addition ever since i started finasteride i have nit been able to have a perfectly clean face, always 1 pimple somewhere.

But yes, it is possible that your E went up and caused water retention and fat face. Surprising that it happened on finasteride though. Stop for 1-2 weeks and see if you get your lean face back, water weight leaves quick. You just started, 2 months lost is irrelevant, its best you pin down if its finasteride right away so you can plan your future treatments
how can i prevent this? i already drink heaps of water and exercise heaps

Feelsbadman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wish i knew bro. I started growing facial hair around 12, had the pedo stache plus sideburns. Leg hair is anywhere from 1inch to 2 inches, same with chest (not too dense there though). Had a great beard and most of it has already come back, pretty hairy guy myself lol. From what i have learned from my own experience and here is that you never know how and when your body will react to a compound. I tolerated duta very well, smaller ejaculation volume but that didnt bother me at all. Other than that no sides at all, but during the 8th month the switch just flipped.

thats why to OP. Stopping at 2month you aint losing sh*t. Take pics now, take pics 2 weeks after stopping make sure its not placebo. Ik how notiable it is when you clench your jaw and all of a sudden it doesnt pop anymore .
even if its placebo assume its not what do i do ? i dinr want to stop treatment

Equal Rights

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude 2months is nothing. I really suggest stopping and seeing if it really is finasteride or you just got fat or its placebo. It will take away the anxiety if having to guess. You are really not far into the treatment, taking a 2 week break and checking will be fine, might even be quicker than that. If it is finasteride thats causing the water retention then your only option is diuretics as i dont see that water weight thats artificially being caused going away by doing anything natural like exercise or diet. Eplerenone is a good option because it is also an MR antagonist and prolongs the anagen phase of hair growth.

could also try lowering the dose to 0.5mg. The dht inhibition level will be very similar. Ik on 5mg oral min my face blows up, but on 2.5mg it does to a much lesser degree. You can even go as low as 0.25mg if you dont want to stop the treatment, it might help you identify whatsup.

Last edited:

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you are extremely sensitive to it yes it can, it means your androgen levels are being nuked too hard. Get off it before you do permanent harm.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The cult of testosterone dictates that only testosterone is responsible for skin tone and that's an out and out lie.

What I theorize happens with finasteride is that men who are testosterone dominant and don't produce a lot of estrogen simply become hypohormonal in both and estrogen does NOT take over the burden of becoming a dominant hormone.

Look at all the people in this forum who are trans or who are merely taking E2 in order to regrow hair. They look YOUNGER, their skin does not sag.

Both low estrogen and low testosterone can cause that, and if one becomes low the other must take over, in the case of finasteride, I believe it casts men into a generalized low hormone state.

Feelsbadman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The cult of testosterone dictates that only testosterone is responsible for skin tone and that's an out and out lie.

What I theorize happens with finasteride is that men who are testosterone dominant and don't produce a lot of estrogen simply become hypohormonal in both and estrogen does NOT take over the burden of becoming a dominant hormone.

Look at all the people in this forum who are trans or who are merely taking E2 in order to regrow hair. They look YOUNGER, their skin does not sag.

Both low estrogen and low testosterone can cause that, and if one becomes low the other must take over, in the case of finasteride, I believe it casts men into a generalized low hormone state.
so ur sayijg its good to take finasteride??
idno man my facs used to be so sharp and hollow cheeks my friends callled me zoolander now i seem rounder but prettier

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm saying that finasteride has the distinct possibility of nuking your male hormones and if you are testosterone dominant, estrogen will not be produced to take up the slack and it will have an adverse impact on your appearance.

I am personally of the mind that finasteride is basically a hormonal atomic bomb and is not advisable for most cases of hairloss, unless you know for sure that your androgen profile is extremely strong and you need to balance it out, I don't believe that finasteride is advisable for most people and I think it absolutely will have adverse effects on skin quality and apperance.

I took finasteride for less than three months and I looked and felt terrible while on it, I don't believe anyone who says it can't, but again I'm very sensitive to hormonal modulators such as finasteride, or anything else.

DHT actually impairs the production of collagen and reduces overall collagen, if you are testosterone dominant and have no estrogen to compensate for your test levels being nuked, your skin will just look bad.

Feelsbadman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm saying that finasteride has the distinct possibility of nuking your male hormones and if you are testosterone dominant, estrogen will not be produced to take up the slack and it will have an adverse impact on your appearance.

I am personally of the mind that finasteride is basically a hormonal atomic bomb and is not advisable for most cases of hairloss, unless you know for sure that your androgen profile is extremely strong and you need to balance it out, I don't believe that finasteride is advisable for most people and I think it absolutely will have adverse effects on skin quality and apperance.

I took finasteride for less than three months and I looked and felt terrible while on it, I don't believe anyone who says it can't, but again I'm very sensitive to hormonal modulators such as finasteride, or anything else.

DHT actually impairs the production of collagen and reduces overall collagen, if you are testosterone dominant and have no estrogen to compensate for your test levels being nuked, your skin will just look bad.
my stomach seems more flabby as well now fml u jjst cant fucming win i want to die

Feelsbadman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Jesus Christ dude, realize you are simply a huge hypochondriac and stop whining. You are, once again, imagining things.
i drink so much water yesterday and still i got this weird flab on my abs and my face is puffy finasteride sucks

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

This makes absolutely no sense. 1. The testosterone dominant thing is made up, finasteride raises test and estrogen by 15%. 2. You are saying that dht is bad for collagen? In that case, wouldn’t finasteride be good for skin?

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This makes absolutely no sense. 1. The testosterone dominant thing is made up, finasteride raises test and estrogen by 15%. 2. You are saying that dht is bad for collagen? In that case, wouldn’t finasteride be good for skin?

There's absolutely no proof that it raises estrogen enough in all men to compensate for the loss of male hormones. If you cannot understand that, a failing on your behalf not mine.

I took large amounts of beta sitosterol in my mid 20s which has been compared similarly to its hormonal impact as finasteride, and the sheer amount of hormone production and likely estrogen production from my base endocrine function at that age is what both kept my hair growing as well as keeping my skin looking good. It wasn't just lowering androgens, as I'm learning presently as instilling hair regrowth now is proving to be more stubborn than before.

As I've gotten older, closer to 40 I took finasteride and there was absolutely NOT the same response, and I know for a fact that I have been testosterone dominant for a few years because of the physiological changes that have occurred in my body, you know you can measure those and they correlate to hormones right?

If your body is not producing ENOUGH estrogen which cannot be guaranteed by merely taking finasteride, your skin will look like sh*t. I don't know how else to explain this to you if you don't understand what hormones actually do for the skin. It's either testosterone, or estrogen or a combo of both, but if one falters another must take up the burden otherwise you will be in an andropause like hormonal scenario where your skin and hair will BOTH suffer.

Some men naturally don't aromatise as much test or produce as much estrogen (you know visceral fat can do so as well right?) and two years ago I was deliberately taking things prior to my hairloss to help metabolize as much estrogen as possible because I was really into weight lifting and lowering my body fat % which worked I might add. That itself was me deliberately putting myself into a hormonally dominant state. To claim that cannot happen as a result of natural idiosyncratic function of somebody's endocrine system is frankly ignorant.

finasteride is no guarantor that your body will have any significant measure of estrogen, a relative percentage of it may increase but what relative percentage that actually is will absolutely vary not only from man to man, but at varying stages in life. I know this personally because I have dealt now with two patterned hair loss events, one of which I am just recovering from now.

Last edited:

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There's absolutely no proof that it raises estrogen enough in all men to compensate for the loss of male hormones. If you cannot understand that, a failing on your behalf not mine.

I took large amounts of beta sitosterol in my mid 20s which has been compared similarly to its hormonal impact as finasteride, and the sheer amount of hormone production and likely estrogen production from my base endocrine function at that age is what both kept my hair growing as well as keeping my skin looking good. It wasn't just lowering androgens, as I'm learning presently as instilling hair regrowth now is proving to be more stubborn than before.

As I've gotten older, closer to 40 I took finasteride and there was absolutely NOT the same response, and I know for a fact that I have been testosterone dominant for a few years because of the physiological changes that have occurred in my body, you know you can measure those and they correlate to hormones right?

If your body is not producing ENOUGH estrogen which cannot be guaranteed by merely taking finasteride, your skin will look like sh*t. I don't know how else to explain this to you if you don't understand what hormones actually do for the skin. It's either testosterone, or estrogen or a combo of both, but if one falters another must take up the burden otherwise you will be in an andropause like hormonal scenario where your skin and hair will BOTH suffer.

Some men naturally don't aromatise as much test or produce as much estrogen (you know visceral fat can do so as well right?) and two years ago I was deliberately taking things prior to my hairloss to help metabolize as much estrogen as possible because I was really into weight lifting and lowering my body fat % which worked I might add. That itself was me deliberately putting myself into a hormonally dominant state. To claim that cannot happen as a result of natural idiosyncratic function of somebody's endocrine system is frankly ignorant.

finasteride is no guarantor that your body will have any significant measure of estrogen, a relative percentage of it may increase but what relative percentage that actually is will absolutely vary not only from man to man, but at varying stages in life. I know this personally because I have dealt now with two patterned hair loss events, one of which I am just recovering from now.
My question is if your saying dht is bad for collagen, then why would Inhibiting dht do anything that’s not positive for the skin? (This is according to your logic)

Feelsbadman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
ive fasted for 3 days ad still look the same, i feel terrible and my test is probably crushede but im gonna try fast for the week need to ge t rid of thi finasteride flab on my face

Feelsbadman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Nothing of what you said is actually backed by any studies or anything at all terrible post man

INT

Reaction score
i drink so much water yesterday and still i got this weird flab on my abs and my face is puffy finasteride sucks

Then stop using it. It is as simply as that. But everytime you pop a pill you start complaining here about side effects that are VERY unlikely. I mean 'you felt shorter' on finasteride? Come on man.... You make people who actually have side effects look bad.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
lol all the clueless people here. If you know anything about how DHT effects fat and water distribution in your body you would know this is a thing. My face looked alot less sharp and manly when i was on dutasteride. Thats not imagination. It changes the fat and water distribution on your face hence you look different. Inject any female with DHT for a couple months and she'll look different too.
OP, your face hasnt changed permanently but yes the low DHT is effecting it. The only workaround is to stop taking finasteride