Can Different Brands Of minoxidil Work Better Than Others?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey all, when I first started oral minoxidil (Loxidil Forte) I got awesome results, my hair thickened up and my hairline and temples started to grow back! Then about 4 months in I had to switch brands due to my supplier running out. I was left with Mino10 brand, shortly after my hair started to shed badly and I lost all my regrowth plus more! Now I have started drinking liquid minoxidil at about 10mg - 12.5mg Kirkland brand. Since Kirkland is an established and popular minoxidil do you think I could maybe see an improvement in my hair? I was using dodgy Thailand generics previously. Has anyone had experiences with switching brands and losing/making gains?
Some input would be greatly appreciated! :)

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Brands do matter. While everything you take has Minoxidil in it, the delivery system differs among brands and the quality of the active ingredient differs. This is why I prefer brand name vs. generic on a lot of drugs.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey all, when I first started oral minoxidil (Loxidil Forte) I got awesome results, my hair thickened up and my hairline and temples started to grow back! Then about 4 months in I had to switch brands due to my supplier running out. I was left with Mino10 brand, shortly after my hair started to shed badly and I lost all my regrowth plus more! Now I have started drinking liquid minoxidil at about 10mg - 12.5mg Kirkland brand. Since Kirkland is an established and popular minoxidil do you think I could maybe see an improvement in my hair? I was using dodgy Thailand generics previously. Has anyone had experiences with switching brands and losing/making gains?
Some input would be greatly appreciated! :)
Yes. In an attempt to save money and/or get more powerful concentrations, I have bought some shitty lotions that didn't even blend well. The ingredients precipitated to the bottom of the bottle. Useless.