Can anyone "FEEL" DHT eating their hair?

HARM1

Established Member
Reaction score
bubka said:
crzyakta said:
how is DHT, a hormone, going to attack a follicle?
it does not attack it, it causes the hair follicle to grow less often, and shrinking of the actual hair follicle, thus causing hair to fall out more, smaller, to eventually fuzz vellus that you cannot see.

DHT also causes body hair (secondary sex characteristic) to do quite the opposite
I think you are wrong. DHT make the folicule be identified as a non self part of the body. How it does that, I don't know. maybe it causes a distraction of the MHC molicule on the cels

bubka

Reaction score
if your body "attacked" the hair follicle, it would be something like lupus, but yeah, it is similar, in that the body sees the hair different know because of the DHT marker causing a change...

HARM1

Established Member
Reaction score
bubka said:
if your body "attacked" the hair follicle, it would be something like lupus, but yeah, it is similar, in that the body sees the hair different know because of the DHT marker causing a change...
the body's imune system attacks the folicule, no?

bubka

Reaction score
HARM1 said:
bubka said:
no, that would involve various white blood cells because of antigen markers on the follicle cell

ttwarrior1

Established Member
Reaction score
okay after 2 years ive found my problem. Mine is a stabbing itch too.
ARE YOU SURE THATS DHT THOUGH?

WHAT CAN WE BUY TO STOP IT BESIDES MINOXIDIL, FOLLIGEN AND nizoral WHICH HELPS SOME BUT CANT HAVE THAT ON 24 HOURS A DAY 7 DAYS A WEEK

Axon

Reaction score
Damn Wind said:
I can. Before you ask--no, it's not in my head and is being manifested because of hair loss obession.

It is hard to describe but it feels like a 'tingle' on the back of my head and hairline. Both of these areas are the problem locations as you might have guessed. This is not a joke and I am absolutely serious. If you experience the same sensation please let me know, and if you have no idea what i'm talking about feel free to post as well. I can feel it now! Ahhhhh :)

I have definetly experienced burning, irritation, and severe itching on my crown while it was thinning. I mean it itched like f*****g athele's foot, and I'd scratch like a madman. After, it would throb.

However, this sensation went away after I began my regimen, which has stopped my thinning.

HARM1

Established Member
Reaction score
bubka said:
HARM1 said:
bubka said:
no, that would involve various white blood cells because of antigen markers on the follicle cell

Antigen- a molqule made of parts of a non self substance, or a forighn body. Why would a follicle cell have a antigen ?
I read that people who have a lowerd imuune system, halt hair loss. that says is...
You know, an imune system attack happens for meny reasons, not only antigens. Say if dht hurt the MHC molecule on the cell, the imune system would attack it.

HARM1

Established Member
Reaction score
HARM1 said:
bubka said:
HARM1 said:
bubka said:

Antigen- a molqule made of parts of a non self substance, or a forighn body. Why would a follicle cell have a antigen ?
I read that people who have a lowerd imuune system, halt hair loss. that says is...
You know, an imune system attack happens for meny reasons, not only antigens. Say if dht hurt the MHC molecule on the cell, the imune system would attack it.
What say you?

ttwarrior1

Established Member
Reaction score
so what is everyone taking.
2. is the aloe people here use green or is suave lotion with aloe good althought its white

abcdefg

Reaction score
yes i have this burn, and theres no doubt my hairloss started with it and is related to it. Saw palmetto pretty much stopped the itch for me, but I quit and restarted it and it didnt help me at all the 2nd time. Im thinking about propecia because I think DHT binding to the receptor sites and triggering immune system response is what is going on. Considering no one knows Im going with my guess.

Damn Wind

Reaction score
LOL. When I started this post I was concerned with the slight tingle feeling I have in my thinning areas. Everyone else seems to be experiencing a "stabbing itch, or extreme burning sensation." Am I the only one on these boards that has a slight TINGLE? It's like Selson Blue on my hairline....just more subtle. :)

DavidSWP

Reaction score
Damn Wind said:
I can. Before you ask--no, it's not in my head and is being manifested because of hair loss obession.

It is hard to describe but it feels like a 'tingle' on the back of my head and hairline. Both of these areas are the problem locations as you might have guessed. This is not a joke and I am absolutely serious. If you experience the same sensation please let me know, and if you have no idea what i'm talking about feel free to post as well. I can feel it now! Ahhhhh :)

Stop talking absolute sh*t

Damn Wind

Reaction score
What? Are you drunk? Come to Salinas, CA and talk that mess, coward.

biglemoncoke

Established Member
Reaction score
my burning and inflammation have stopped with the help of nizoral and less sexual activities..i do not feel dht eating my hair anymore. and after use of shampoo or nizoral i feel tingle feeling

Ray777

Reaction score
I get an intense itch in the thinning spots on my head, and I know for damn sure it's not in my imagination. What can I take to cure the extremely bad itch?

Chadman

Reaction score
I get it too and it's really annoying. I also started getting it when I started to thin. Most of the time it's just a tingling sensation with a little itching. On very rare occasions it's actually almost painful. The Nizoral has helped, but I still occasionally have the same problem. Now it's more of a tightness feeling than anything else.

Also, my brother just started to thin at the crown, and the first thing he told me was that he noticed a tingling/itching sensation. There's definitely something to it, and it's part of the basis for the anecdotal evidence running around that inflammation is the root of the cause of the physical loss (not the onset) and that anti-inflammatories will help reduce it.

Ray777

Reaction score
This is wierd but when i shave my head i don't get the itch. When i start growing out my hair the itch is horrible. I feel like scratching it with a damn knife! Is there anything that will take the itch totally away?

Britannia

Reaction score
DHT does not "eat" hair, in fact DHT does absolutely nothing to hair. It just serves to trigger the immune system to attack the follicle - the DHT itself doe nothing. And the speed at which the follicle is attacked is very very slow, I highly doubt you guys are experiencing itching which has resulted from the immune response in your hair follicles, I think its just dandruff or irritation from treatments you guys can feel. Just my opinion anyway.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Britannia said:
DHT does not "eat" hair, in fact DHT does absolutely nothing to hair.

Uhh....you're forgetting that androgens directly alter the transcription of growth enhancers/inhibitors within the hair follicle which directly stimulate its growth (in the case of body hair) or suppress its growth (in the case of scalp hair).

Bryan