Can anyone "FEEL" DHT eating their hair?

Damn Wind

Reaction score
I can. Before you ask--no, it's not in my head and is being manifested because of hair loss obession.

It is hard to describe but it feels like a 'tingle' on the back of my head and hairline. Both of these areas are the problem locations as you might have guessed. This is not a joke and I am absolutely serious. If you experience the same sensation please let me know, and if you have no idea what i'm talking about feel free to post as well. I can feel it now! Ahhhhh :)

btp11

Established Member
Reaction score
Damn Wind said:
I can. Before you ask--no, it's not in my head and is being manifested because of hair loss obession.

It is hard to describe but it feels like a 'tingle' on the back of my head and hairline. Both of these areas are the problem locations as you might have guessed. This is not a joke and I am absolutely serious. If you experience the same sensation please let me know, and if you have no idea what i'm talking about feel free to post as well. I can feel it now! Ahhhhh :)

sad thing is, i think i know what youre talking about. for me, its a slightly warm tingle. i thought i was out of my mind....

Damn Wind

Reaction score
AHA! Yes, Yes a slight warm tingle! Anyone else? I also think that if our messures of hair loss prevention we're working--there would be no 'tingle'. Damn it!!

Felk

Reaction score
Mine is a strong, stabbing itch.

When i accidently get my hands caught in my hair when there's something sticky it in (curly), and it pulls, if its in my horseshoe pattern it's usually quite painful.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Tingly feeling, especially along the hairline in the areas of futurebaldness.

In the crown, I get serious, stubborn itching.

Folligen sucks at being an anti-inflammatory, in my opinion.

Goingat20

Reaction score
i get a strong itch which lasts for a few seconds

bubka

Reaction score
i remember pre propecia... it was almost a pain, part of my scalp would hurt, as if i had a tight hat on all day... and touching the hair or moving it would be somewhat sore

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow. Yeah, I can definitely tell. I think it's the inflammation because it feels like the roots of the hairs are sore, especially in the areas where I'm thinning the most. That's how I tell how long to keep the Nizoral on my head in the morning-- when the soreness goes away, I wash it off.

Damn Wind

Reaction score
We should be trying to find a regimen that keeps the tingly sensation away. Maybe its the hair eating bugs! :)

ShedMaster

Reaction score
Aplunk1 said:
Tingly feeling, especially along the hairline in the areas of futurebaldness.

In the crown, I get serious, stubborn itching.

Folligen sucks at being an anti-inflammatory, in my opinion.

you must have some wicked type of dht if folligen and nizoral don't get rid of the itching and inflammatory areas of the scalp! remember, it only works if you use it. :)

Damn Wind

Reaction score
For me the sensation is a slight tingle. It's very subtle, but I can definitely feel it in my thinning areas. Do you guys think it is simply just inflamation?

News2

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, I can definitely feel it as well. It's itching all over. (And the Minoxidil doesn't exacly help it either...)
There's also a spot at the back of my head that is always really sore. Really unpleasant!!! (Not sure if this is related to hairloss. I think it might be a trapped nerve or something.)

ShedMaster

Reaction score
ummm, it might be very well associated with hairloss. I would recommend exactly what I said before in the following messages.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Yeah Shedmaster,

I have a difference of skin, I guess.

I'm extremely allergic to genuine Rogaine... The inflammation and irritation gets to the point of "firey" hot.

Applying Folligen can resolve itching and inflammation for a few minutes, but then it exacerbates any preexisting inflammation.

I find that diluting Folligen has helped significantly, but still isn't working great for me.

I have no doubt in my mind that Folligen is a top product. I really think that it can benefit a lot of people... and it's so inexpensive! Not to mention, it lasts forever.

However, it's just not the right product for me.

Damn Wind

Reaction score
Ok, so we have a lot of sufferers with a burning sensation of inflammation. How about those of us that have a slight tingle? Should we consider that minor inflammation..or DHT itself attacking our follicles?

bubka

Reaction score
crzyakta said:
how is DHT, a hormone, going to attack a follicle?
it does not attack it, it causes the hair follicle to grow less often, and shrinking of the actual hair follicle, thus causing hair to fall out more, smaller, to eventually fuzz vellus that you cannot see.

DHT also causes body hair (secondary sex characteristic) to do quite the opposite