Can Anyone Explain This Study On Androgen Upregulation?

jimmyjonas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys, please see link to study below

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4069023/

This is the one study that freaks me out since I found and I have convinced myself that if I took it, I would have the same results. I find it difficult to understand the science of it and looking for feedback on it, if what they found is conclusive how would one approach reversing it, I both don't want to or cannot accept that it would be permanent after taking 1.25 for less than a week. Also how would you get the same test done? Is that possible.

It appears that 1.4% get hit with sides and I'm in a even tinier % that got hit with an even rarer side as in numbness, most don't get that that have long term sides. How the hell is that possible, do you think the study is conclusive or is it just a theory, why didn't the Harvard one pick this up? For the record I have morning wood and night time erections fully returned just sensation is gone.

Thanks guys

ahmed wolf

Experienced Member
Reaction score
from what I understood that the men were using finasteride on average of 49-1010 days but have sides for 5 years after stopping the drug so times play a big role in this other thing I noticed that local ar is permeantly screwed ? but they said they can't test the local ar ratio to dht so its hard to tell
it really sucks reading all if this crap really I should have known better and didn't use it in the other hand i am happy they were 3 days i have a better chance in recovery even after 5 years than some one used this drug for years with sides

jimmyjonas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I hear you @ahmed wolf I wish I never touched it I'm in a similiar situation to you as half of me can't believe it could do this to me in such a short space of time, less than a week, logic tells me it's impossible but then I read this and it makes me believe it's finasteride and not psychological I'm in a state of limbo to be honest, yes I see 49 days minimum in this study and I am well under that and also they report pain, I have no pain whatsoever just no sensation and the genital area just feels weird still six months later, I have different messages from doctors one says it's body focused anxiety others say it's possible it's finasteride, if I could take this test I would to prove to myself either way, this is the study that haunts me and have a bad feeling is what happened to me.

ahmed wolf

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I hear you @ahmed wolf I wish I never touched it I'm in a similiar situation to you as half of me can't believe it could do this to me in such a short space of time, less than a week, logic tells me it's impossible but then I read this and it makes me believe it's finasteride and not psychological I'm in a state of limbo to be honest, yes I see 49 days minimum in this study and I am well under that and also they report pain, I have no pain whatsoever just no sensation and the genital area just feels weird still six months later, I have different messages from doctors one says it's body focused anxiety others say it's possible it's finasteride, if I could take this test I would to prove to myself either way, this is the study that haunts me and have a bad feeling is what happened to me.
i am sorry man
ya its f*****g common sense that no drug will cause a damge from 2 pills i have seen it all really from steroid abuse among teens to alcohol and drugs addiction in some family and friends no one was f*****g damged really my brother drinks and smokes weed and others sh*t since he was a teen now he is 40 has 3 kids and f*****g around with no issues so jow can 3 pills ruined an healthy athletic young man???
i have pain when i orgasm or get a strong ererctions but that started to happen to me after six weeks from thous pills i took so i font think it's finasteride related my doctor think i have a penial injury when finasteride or my brain made me feel sides and ed I stopped masterbate thanx to the looneys at phelp.com so when i got ererctions not strong but I didn't relief myself the muscle got relaxed after six weeks when i busted a nut the intense blood flow could have damaged my penial muscle i feel intense pain there like i am being staped with a knife my ererctions quality is 90% of what it was
the test was made on the forskin right since u know i am a muslim i am cut and was normal before finasteride so i don't think the forskin is a reliable source

ahmed wolf

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Patients with PFS have more androgen receptors than normal men.

But ... Don't bald men in general have more androgen receptors?
so these sides have nothing to do with androgen receptor?
don't know about bald men and ar really

jimmyjonas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Patients with PFS have more androgen receptors than normal men.

But ... Don't bald men in general have more androgen receptors?
I don't know man, thanks for replying, is there something new in this study, do you think it holds water? I just don't get why only a very very tiny percentage would get this effect from finasteride, the study is just on 8 men and also does it contradict the Harvard study findings?

jimmyjonas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i am sorry man
ya its f*****g common sense that no drug will cause a damge from 2 pills i have seen it all really from steroid abuse among teens to alcohol and drugs addiction in some family and friends no one was f*****g damged really my brother drinks and smokes weed and others sh*t since he was a teen now he is 40 has 3 kids and f*****g around with no issues so jow can 3 pills ruined an healthy athletic young man???
i have pain when i orgasm or get a strong ererctions but that started to happen to me after six weeks from thous pills i took so i font think it's finasteride related my doctor think i have a penial injury when finasteride or my brain made me feel sides and ed I stopped masterbate thanx to the looneys at phelp.com so when i got ererctions not strong but I didn't relief myself the muscle got relaxed after six weeks when i busted a nut the intense blood flow could have damaged my penial muscle i feel intense pain there like i am being staped with a knife my ererctions quality is 90% of what it was
the test was made on the forskin right since u know i am a muslim i am cut and was normal before finasteride so i don't think the forskin is a reliable source
I think for you Ahmed if it's damage to penial muscle that will definitely heal with time I've read about guys getting injuries from jelqing and over masturbation and they all recover once not touching penis for an extended period of time may take a few more months but it wouldn't indicate permanent damage.

It's the hormonal sh*t/androgen receptor....the thing I cant understand or can't see that scares me as in With an injury you can detect it but with this no doctor can see what my issue is, if I knew how to take the test in this study I would. I just don't know if doctors can perform this test or how I would find somewhere to do it. Or finally if it's bullshit or not?!

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
OK I checked again, from a proper laptop rather than a cell phone.

The subjects were 8 men who took finasteride and had side effects, that's good.
The controls were 11 men who had never taken finasteride -- that's not good.

The control group should be men with comparable balding, who took finasteride, and did not get sides. Men who did not take finasteride are systematically different from men who took finasteride in more ways than just taking finasteride. They may have less aggressive baldness (so fewer androgen receptors already), be less prone to depression and BDD, etc.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know man, thanks for replying, is there something new in this study, do you think it holds water? I just don't get why only a very very tiny percentage would get this effect from finasteride, the study is just on 8 men and also does it contradict the Harvard study findings?

Can you link to the harvard study? It's been a while since I looked at it.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
so these sides have nothing to do with androgen receptor?
don't know about bald men and ar really

They might be related to the androgen receptor, but I think that this is a poor study and doesn't answer the question.

ahmed wolf

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think for you Ahmed if it's damage to penial muscle that will definitely heal with time I've read about guys getting injuries from jelqing and over masturbation and they all recover once not touching penis for an extended period of time may take a few more months but it wouldn't indicate permanent damage.

It's the hormonal sh*t/androgen receptor....the thing I cant understand or can't see that scares me as in With an injury you can detect it but with this no doctor can see what my issue is, if I knew how to take the test in this study I would. I just don't know if doctors can perform this test or how I would find somewhere to do it. Or finally if it's bullshit or not?!
like i said don't think the forskin has to do anything u got tons of men with out it so I think this study is shitty with out reall data only 8 guys?

ahmed wolf

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Fucked up. I'm glad finasteride didn't work for me and I moved to topicals only. Hell with that sh*t.
ur really lucky it didn't do anything thing for u to be honest i am glad i got sides from 3 pills even if its finasteride or my brain cuz it's better than take it for years with sides or worse

jimmyjonas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
OK I checked again, from a proper laptop rather than a cell phone.

The subjects were 8 men who took finasteride and had side effects, that's good.
The controls were 11 men who had never taken finasteride -- that's not good.

The control group should be men with comparable balding, who took finasteride, and did not get sides. Men who did not take finasteride are systematically different from men who took finasteride in more ways than just taking finasteride. They may have less aggressive baldness (so fewer androgen receptors already), be less prone to depression and BDD, etc.
That's a very interesting and very good point David, I never thought about that, glad I asked, your answer gives me some relief as your answer is a very good explanation as to why these men have more androgen receptors as in men with male pattern baldness. Thanks again