Can Anybody Help With Adhesive Removal?

David livingstone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been wearing hair systems for 6 years and i have always strugled with the clean up.
I used to get 1 weeks wear from walkers ultra hold tape. The tape would break down very quickly amd smell so i had to change every week. Then i started to use walkers ultra hold glue, this is way too messy so gave up. I then went to ghost bond classic and used to get 2 weeks of comfortable wear before itching ect so i would change every 2 weeks. I then decided to use ghistbond platinum and i can only get 3 days to a week untill it iches and breaks down. I thought this was supposed to be better than the classic. Anyway i think my problem is i can clean the glue of of the fine mono base i use sprays ect wash it bit it still seems as thos the glue is still there so i rebond. How can i clean it up 100% are there any tips or tricks cause nothing seems to clean it 100% also is ghostbond classic the better glue or is it just my clean up because platinum seems to last a lot less time and thats not due to clean up because i could never clean up with the classic. thanks guus

Noah

Reaction score
Hi David, the thing that strikes me as strange about this is the glue starting to smell after a week. That is odd. It makes me wonder if you gave unusually sensitive skin which has some kind of allergic reaction to a lot of different glues. Have you ever tried using a scalp protector?

David livingstone

My Regimen
Reaction score
The glue does not smell sorry it was the tape that used to smell so i stopped using it. I do use scalp protecter don't know if its any good tho.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi David,

Walkers has come up with a new, Max Hold Sport.

https://walkertapeco.com/max-hold-sport/

I have just started using it, and it's quite amazing. It's keeping the tape on (Walkers mini tabs + Sunshine stick-it) pretty good.

Maybe you are not using enough of the scalp prep?

Steve

David livingstone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does that max sport really work? I use a scalp proctector but i am pretty sure it does not do anything thought it was a bit of a gimmick?

Noah

Reaction score
Scalp protector is not a gimmick. Not everyone needs it, but it definitely has its uses. It dries to form an invisible impermeable barrier between your skin and the glue of tape, so the glue can't irritate the skin, and the skin oils can't break down the adhesive. Walkers do a reliable one.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does that max sport really work? I use a scalp proctector but i am pretty sure it does not do anything thought it was a bit of a gimmick?

I perspire, heavily. When I tried a quick attachment with tape, two or three weeks ago, and I was stressed out, I forgot to use the stuff, I had the system on for about hour, and then it slipped right off my head.

It's like painting a new wall without primer.

David livingstone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok i might have to try the walkers one as the one i have does not seem to do much i use it with ghost bond classic as i sont get on with tapes they used to make my scalp weep.

matt0135

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you'd get best benefit with poly bond around perimeter and either glue or tape at the front hair line. The poly bond will last 3-4 weeks easily . Change front every week. It's been working well for me.

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you'd get best benefit with poly bond around perimeter and either glue or tape at the front hair line. The poly bond will last 3-4 weeks easily . Change front every week. It's been working well for me.

THIS is what I want to try. Shame I didn't think about it before I ordered my latest system, which is all swiss lace. Poly is SO much easier to maintain.

David livingstone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Could you tell me a little more. What products i would need ect. Thanks

matt0135

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Could you tell me a little more. What products i would need ect. Thanks

You need to have a system with a poly perimeter but not at the hairline. So just the back and sides poly. Lace at the front and everywhere else .

Glues and tapes for front and you'll need to experiment with. I use Davlyn Black for front hairline and then for sides and back I'm actually not sure . I go to the salon still for that but I'm going to try taping on my own .

For the polyfuse I you'll need the special medical grade adhesive and then you'll also need to put tape strips on the poly as well .it's a bit of a process maybe someone else wil lbe able to explain better . But I love it to be honest, it works for me but I'm gonna try taping for easier maintenance and less reliance on a salon.

David livingstone

My Regimen
Reaction score
You need to have a system with a poly perimeter but not at the hairline. So just the back and sides poly. Lace at the front and everywhere else .

Glues and tapes for front and you'll need to experiment with. I use Davlyn Black for front hairline and then for sides and back I'm actually not sure . I go to the salon still for that but I'm going to try taping on my own .

For the polyfuse I you'll need the special medical grade adhesive and then you'll also need to put tape strips on the poly as well .it's a bit of a process maybe someone else wil lbe able to explain better . But I love it to be honest, it works for me but I'm gonna try taping for easier maintenance and less reliance on a salon.
Ok is that a perimeter bond? I have tried that and did not like it. Plus mine is poly altound as i still use my own fringe my system sits just behind it so that still have a real natural hairline and dont get that glue shine at the front.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
A perimeter bond just means that you bond around the edges only, usually tape. And exposed hairline generally (but not always) requires an adhesive. It doesn't matter if you have a poly perimeter, or not.

matt0135

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What didnt
Ok is that a perimeter bond? I have tried that and did not like it. Plus mine is poly altound as i still use my own fringe my system sits just behind it so that still have a real natural hairline and dont get that glue shine at the front.
What didnt You like about the perimeter bond? And I'm talking about poly bond. It's much stronger than just tape. You can't poly bond on a bare lace.

matt0135

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh sorry. I dont know what a poly bond is then. I did not like the middle raising up and did not feel safe
The middle should not raise up if bonded correctly. But you have a full skin system you said? I guess those are better with a full head bond. The lace stretches over so it's fairly tight up top unless I'm near time for a service .

David livingstone

My Regimen
Reaction score
The middle should not raise up if bonded correctly. But you have a full skin system you said? I guess those are better with a full head bond. The lace stretches over so it's fairly tight up top unless I'm near time for a service .
Have a look at what i do it is on my post. Does anybody esle still use their own fringe