Can A Typical Nw7 Achieve A Decent Looking Buzzcut?

trktrk27

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can someone with extensive hairloss (an average NW6/NW7) obtain enough grafts for a decent looking buzzcut through hair transplants and possiblt bht?
I mean to the point people would look at you and think you're hair is just starting to thin a bit so you prefer to keep it short rather than being known as the slick bald guy?

shookwun

Reaction score
nah.

contrary to popular belief buzzcuts are a dead give away for someone with a trained eye. Which is why transplants are often grown out to provide a layer, and volume effect.

You would have to 0 guard and MAX .5MM length

A transplant at NW7 is not feasible, regardless of your donor quality. We are talking 20,000 + dollars for a cost of a result that will result in shitty aesthetic outcome.

Wear a hair piece or stay sly, not worth the stress

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Hair system would be best solution if you can't accept a NW7. @Noah seems to make that option more appealing since he has alot of experience wearing.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
You could get maybe 4000 - 6000 grafts placed all over your head and then get SMP to complete the look. Ive seen a couple of results like that and it looks really good! Look up SMP + Hair transplant

Calum

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is pretty much the same topic I asked about the other day ! I still haven't really seen any definitive answer to this question anywhere. My post was -

I’m currently NW4 destined to be a NW6/7, therefore I won’t have enough donor hair for a full transplant, but I was wondering if high norwoods ever have transplants just to create a hairline and a little bit of density in and around the front so that they can have a buzz cut which frames the face. I’m thinking like Zinedine Zidane circa 2006.

I like having a shaved head, and would be content with a buzz cut for life if I could have something of a hairline, It is just the horse shoe pattern of baldness which I don’t like. Also the white dot scarring the FUE wouldn’t really bother me either, I don’t think it looks too bad, I think I would rather that than horse shoe bald, plus you’d never see it as it’s on the back.

Just wondering if this is possible or if anyone has tried it? Any thoughts?

Attachments

• 610620CF-8DBF-42B5-9AC4-ADFE8E26E10D.jpeg
    610620CF-8DBF-42B5-9AC4-ADFE8E26E10D.jpeg
    67.3 KB · Views: 572
  • 06F70E96-9260-4A3F-BA5A-930E0DFBF575.jpeg
    06F70E96-9260-4A3F-BA5A-930E0DFBF575.jpeg
    62 KB · Views: 381
  • C9BFD060-470F-4D30-830D-59DD325EB466.jpeg
    C9BFD060-470F-4D30-830D-59DD325EB466.jpeg
    95.7 KB · Views: 408

Jnix

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
nah.

contrary to popular belief buzzcuts are a dead give away for someone with a trained eye. Which is why transplants are often grown out to provide a layer, and volume effect.

You would have to 0 guard and MAX .5MM length

A transplant at NW7 is not feasible, regardless of your donor quality. We are talking 20,000 + dollars for a cost of a result that will result in shitty aesthetic outcome.

Wear a hair piece or stay sly, not worth the stress

You say nah, but then say if you shave to a 0 guard? That is technically a buzzcut.

Jnix

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You could get maybe 4000 - 6000 grafts placed all over your head and then get SMP to complete the look. Ive seen a couple of results like that and it looks really good! Look up SMP + Hair transplant

So have I. Yeah, is it extremely hard to get a top notch result this way? Sure. But to outright dismiss it is disingenious. There are plenty of documented results of a shaved head that was NW7 that had transplant + SMP in combination that looked pretty good. But then we're drifting into subjective opinion, so I'd say research a lot on NW7 results of FUE + SMP results and make your own determination if its a route you should inquire about.

shookwun

Reaction score
Lol what. A buzz cut is nothing compared to a 0 guard

We are talking a good 2-3mm difference of growth on average
You say nah, but then say if you shave to a 0 guard? That is technically a buzzcut.

Calum

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol what. A buzz cut is nothing compared to a 0 guard

We are talking a good 2-3mm difference of growth on average

A 0 guard is still a buzz cut IMO, Its super short yes but still looks completely different to slick

shookwun

Reaction score
A 0 guard is still a buzz cut IMO, Its super short yes but still looks completely different to slick
A 0 guard is pretty much shaved..

what we you even talking about lol. The difference between a 0 and 1mm guagr is huge.