Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I swear you shared this before?

Anyway, it's interesting but I'm not sure it's a good bet given that Androgenetic Alopecia doesn't seem to be as aging related as thought, given that it skips over some people entirely and age of onset can be very young. The age and rate you start losing it very well could be as genetic as the fact that you're losing it at all.

That being said, watching calorie intake definitely is a good idea in general

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I swear you shared this before?

Anyway, it's interesting but I'm not sure it's a good bet given that Androgenetic Alopecia doesn't seem to be as aging related as thought, given that it skips over some people entirely and age of onset can be very young. The age and rate you start losing it very well could be as genetic as the fact that you're losing it at all.

That being said, watching calorie intake definitely is a good idea in general

Everybody has their own separate clock. If you're meant to bald young, you will, however calorie restriction might change your definition of 30 to 33. If you look at the two monkeys for example, one is grayer than the other.

I did share this before, but this is a new finding in the research subject. Two separate research teams came together to think about why they were getting different results.

weepysad

Reaction score
Meanwhile calorie abusers have more fat, which secretes extra estrogen. Hence, fatties and/or people on high-fat diets have more estrogen. Ergo, they have less DHT to kill their hair follicles. Perhaps we should all get really fat to preserve our hair?

supersaiyannorwood6+

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe @David_MPN , I was really skinny years back(ectomorph skinny) and when I started bulking, eating 3400 calories a day-(brown rice, whole wheat bread, chicken,4-6 scoops of whey protein a day) and lifting heavy at the gym, my hair started thinning out and itching 24/7. I wen't from 144 pounds to 189 pounds and 13% body fat in 2.5 years time. However, my "bulking" and eating "more food" helped trigger my diffuse thinning at a young age. On both my mom and dads side, the males in my family started losing their hair in their 30's, I started losing mine in my early 20's. When I started eating "less" and lifting not as much as I used to, because of my corporate job, the itching on my head completely stopped. I strongly believe eating less slows down hair loss. If I knew back then, what I know now, would I bulk. The answer is f*** yeah I would, the only hope I have now is for the Brotzu lotion to come out soon, and hopefully reverse my diffuse thinning nw2 hairline, because it would suck to go full norwood 6 or even 7 in my lifetime.

Giiizmo

Established Member
Reaction score
Caloric restriction is the only scientifically proven method that lengthens life.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calorie_restriction said:
The life-extending effect of calorie restriction however is not shown to be universal.[2]

In humans the long-term health effects of moderate CR with sufficient nutrients are unknown.[3]

Personally, I'd rather eat normally and have a fully functioning metabolism than feel sluggish and cold all day long.

Also, physical activity has been proven time and again to increase the lifespan of humans despite the increase in metabolism.

In conclusion: screw starving yourself indefinitely. Intermittent fasting maybe has some uses though.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I started intermittent fasting last summer. There would be days I just wouldn't eat at all, I would only have water and coffee. I did this for a few months. Since September I stopped doing that but even now there's times I only have one meal a day and it's not a huge meal. But I'm still losing hair at a fast rate. I never noticed it slowing anything down.
On a side note I have been colder this winter than I ever have before, even though it's been a very mild winter so far here in Texas. I always feel cold now

constrictedvoid

Established Member
Reaction score
I started intermittent fasting last summer. There would be days I just wouldn't eat at all, I would only have water and coffee. I did this for a few months. Since September I stopped doing that but even now there's times I only have one meal a day and it's not a huge meal. But I'm still losing hair at a fast rate. I never noticed it slowing anything down.
On a side note I have been colder this winter than I ever have before, even though it's been a very mild winter so far here in Texas. I always feel cold now

Oh yeah, I know all about that temperature adaptation to lowered caloric intakes experientially. If you don't mind me asking, are you ever thirsty and cold at the same time? Do you consume fluid when not thirsty?

abcdefg

Reaction score
Ive done both types of diets for long stretches. I noticed no real differences that werent just coincidences that would happened anyway. Someone needs to figure out what the hell that itch is that is so common in male pattern baldness or how does the immune system tie into male pattern baldness?

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ive done both types of diets for long stretches. I noticed no real differences that werent just coincidences that would happened anyway. Someone needs to figure out what the hell that itch is that is so common in male pattern baldness or how does the immune system tie into male pattern baldness?

I read on replicel twitter that itching can be a sign of scarring alopecias

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
I myself try to get at least 100-300mg of chlorophyll daily, which is one of the most misunderstood underappreciated antioxidant/anti-inflammatory in the health world today. Using zinc/copper-stabilized liquid chlorophyll is no where as good as the real deal.

:eek:

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I know all about that temperature adaptation to lowered caloric intakes experientially. If you don't mind me asking, are you ever thirsty and cold at the same time? Do you consume fluid when not thirsty?

I've never noticed a correlation between the two .
Personally im hardly ever thirsty, ever. There are days that ill have 2 coffees and a small water and thats it. Even if i work out i just dont feel thirsty. I was like this before calorie restriction too

InBeforeTheCure

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Degranulating mast cells, perhaps. They release histamine, and histamine causes itching. Large numbers of degranulating mast cells are found around balding hair follicles.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Degranulating mast cells, perhaps. They release histamine, and histamine causes itching. Large numbers of degranulating mast cells are found around balding hair follicles.
fbd.jpg

Breyfogle

Established Member
Reaction score
I believe @David_MPN , I was really skinny years back(ectomorph skinny) and when I started bulking, eating 3400 calories a day-(brown rice, whole wheat bread, chicken,4-6 scoops of whey protein a day) and lifting heavy at the gym, my hair started thinning out and itching 24/7. I wen't from 144 pounds to 189 pounds and 13% body fat in 2.5 years time. However, my "bulking" and eating "more food" helped trigger my diffuse thinning at a young age. On both my mom and dads side, the males in my family started losing their hair in their 30's, I started losing mine in my early 20's. When I started eating "less" and lifting not as much as I used to, because of my corporate job, the itching on my head completely stopped. I strongly believe eating less slows down hair loss. If I knew back then, what I know now, would I bulk. The answer is f*** yeah I would, the only hope I have now is for the Brotzu lotion to come out soon, and hopefully reverse my diffuse thinning nw2 hairline, because it would suck to go full norwood 6 or even 7 in my lifetime.

You likely pushed yourself into an anabolic state and upped your testosterone, hence the male pattern baldness. Eating more causes more cell turnover, resulting in frayed telomeres on your DNA. They start to replicate poorly and your system breaks down more and more. But this happens uniformly across your whole body, and it does it over a lifetime.