Calling HairLossTalk.com's metrosexuals: Combatting wrinkles

vipergts

Established Member
Reaction score
So I can't do much for the baldness (I have accepted that nothing works) but if there are any metrosexuals around, could you provide me with your skin regimens so at least I can have a half decent mug? Specifically do you know of any good facial cleansers or wrinkle treatments that actually work?

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I use Citrix. Not only is it an antioxidant but it is spf30 so it will minimise photo-aging.

Pondle

Reaction score
Good advice from person. A photostable sunscreen that blocks UVA rays is the best defence against premature wrinkles. Aside from that, consider using retinoids as a night-time treatment. They are very effective as part of an anti-ageing regimen, although the downside is that they can cause irritation.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well this Citrix stuff has got Retinyl Palmitate. That's basically retinol isn't it? Or is it an invalid ingredient? My Min shampoos have this as well lol.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Go to Dermadoctor.com . She has excellent products that she makes and they work great. She is very informative about skin care.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
In the morning I use a 2% salysilic acid exfolient facial scrub whilst showering.

After showering and shaving I apply a moistureizing lotion (if my wife doesn't give me any hand-me-downs, I go w/ "Regenerist" - or the Rite-Aid equivilent).

2-3x weekly, I'll do a retin-a application in the evenings.

Before bed, while I'm rubbing Tricomin Therapy Spray or Emu Oil into my scalp - I'll use the leftover residue on my hands and rub same on my face.

My skin''s definitley looking better these days.

blueshard

Established Member
Reaction score
hair_tomorrow said:
In the morning I use a 2% salysilic acid exfolient facial scrub whilst showering.

After showering and shaving I apply a moistureizing lotion (if my wife doesn't give me any hand-me-downs, I go w/ "Regenerist" - or the Rite-Aid equivilent).

Before bed, while I'm rubbing Tricomin Therapy Spray or Emu Oil into my scalp - I'll use the leftover residue on my hands and rub same on my face.

Wow lol! hair transplant, have you ever seen the beginning of American Psycho?

vipergts

Established Member
Reaction score
Some great suggestions guy....thanks! :punk:

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
UVA-blocking sunscreen is the best anti-hounddog-face invention ever. Everything else is kind of a joke in comparison.

If I were to make a "Big 3" of skin, I'd say:

Sunscreen (must block UVA)
Retin-a
Vitamin C (internally)

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
blueshard said:
hair_tomorrow said:

Hey- like I said - don't hate me because I'm beautiful ;-)

And don't even get me started on the powders and essential oils :youbet:

Serioulsy though - I need all the help I can get :jackit:

metalheaddude

Reaction score
I use this stuff.

stri_vectin_01.jpg

Its the closest thing you can get to botox in liquid form. Its truelly amazing stuff and clinically proven (unlike many other face creams). It is by a country mile the BEST face cream on the market (just google its name if you dont believe me) Originally it was a medical cream used to decrease stretch marks and use on scars, but then people started using on their face with remarkable results! However its not cheap. If you can go on ebay you can pick up a tube for around $200 and should last you a few months. But its truelly a small price to pay to keep your face looking youthful.

s.a.f

Reaction score
You must have money to burn.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
You must have money to burn.

Hardly! The difference is, while other guys are saving up for mag wheels for their hotted up cars, im buying my meds and face cream. When HM comes out maybe 5 years I at least want to still look youthful. Whats the point of having hair if you just look old?

G

metalheaddude said:
I use this stuff.

stri_vectin_01.jpg

Its the closest thing you can get to botox in liquid form. Its truelly amazing stuff and clinically proven (unlike many other face creams). It is by a country mile the BEST face cream on the market (just google its name if you dont believe me) Originally it was a medical cream used to decrease stretch marks and use on scars, but then people started using on their face with remarkable results! However its not cheap. If you can go on ebay you can pick up a tube for around $200 and should last you a few months. But its truelly a small price to pay to keep your face looking youthful.

I am gonna look into this....

200 USD is a price I am willing to pay if it actually works.
I have recently become a member at http://www.makeupalley.com and started my anti-aging regimen:
Retinoid
Sunscreen
Vit C Serum

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
blueshard said:
hair_tomorrow said:

This actually inspired me to make my own regime ha ha.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
metalheaddude said:
I use this stuff.

stri_vectin_01.jpg

This interests me as well but where is the clinical evidence that is works?

docj077

Reaction score
person said:
blueshard said:
hair_tomorrow said:

That is a freakin' superior movie.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
person said:
blueshard said:
hair_tomorrow said:

Actually - that's the minimum I need. Ya's gots to shower and wash your face in the morning anyways, and that 2% sal.acid scrub helps keep the blackheads and white heads down which I'm prone to anyway (while also giving you that nice and clean look). After shaving, my face gets really "tore up" so I need to do something to counteract that. That's where the regenerist (or whatever lotion) comes in. And then, I'm rubing retin-a, tric and emu oil onto my scalp anyway - doesn't take any more effort to rub the same stuff onto my face at the same time. My skin really has improved since I started all this (last spring). (I drop the retin-a during the summer months and switch to 100% aloe vera gel).

s.a.f

Reaction score
I think its genetics I've always had a baby face the other day I got stopped in town by one of the annoying survey takers she aged my age (33) and said she was about to put me in the 20-25 yr old catagory. People often say to me how old are you now 20-what?
I dont use any 'products'.