Calling all diffuse thinners using minoxidil

MrTelogen

Established Member
Reaction score
bombscience said:
minoxidil SUCKS FOR DIFFUSE THINNERS

Ok, now that I have your attention, this is how I really feel. Yeah I said it. I think minoxidil is stupid for diffuse thinning. All it has done for me is cause irritation, and possibly accelerate my hairloss. F-U minoxidil.

Yeah i said it.

F-minoxidil.

Hey, have you cut your hair super short yet? I do not follow many threads so i do not know whats new with you but I'm telling ya, cut the sh*t short.If you do not do a buzz, go with a flat top and damn near shave the sides.It saved my ***.minoxidil goes on better too.

bombscience

Reaction score
I'll try the buzz after the holidays...

I *know* i can conceal things with my combover right now.. :D

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
bombscience said:
Right but do you have any noticable regrowth from minoxidil? I dont think i have read 1 story from an aggressive diffuse guy that has noticed regrowth on minoxidil...

I like the sensation applying Dr. Lee's PPG free minoxidil gives, but after a week the irritation builds up. Thank god for folligen to keep it down. I'm giving it 1 more month and then it's gone.

I had diffuse thinning, felt pretty aggressive about it, but two years of minoxidil use has thickened up the individual hair shafts to give my hair a much fuller look. Even the front is improving since I switched from propecia to dutasteride.

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Slartibartfast- What does the name mean? And how long were you on propecia before switching to dutasteride, and how long after the switch did you notice more regrowth. Glad to hear things have worked out for you. Good luck in the future.

Bombscience- Can't say minoxidil works yet cause I've been using it only for 1 month now. But you see, using Folligen feels like pouring sulfuric acid on my head, so at least you have that going for you- I get to go around thinking my scalp is so gd unhealthy that it won't tolerate the CuPeptides at all. Damn, that sh*t is powerful.

I am also a diffuse thinner, and same here- I apply at least 3 ml all over the top of my head. Hard part is judging whether or not to put it on the back/crown area, because I can't SEE back there, and can't tell if I am diffusing badly there as well. But I am mostly thinning from the front.

Good question, good string, and thanks for everybody's comments.

Stinger122

Established Member
Reaction score
No probs, glad it was of some help :)

I brought some Regaine today (Because of the applicators and I thought id use it until Kirklands arrive) but 1ML seems enough to apply, providing you have the long nozzled spray that goes under your hair!

That is the best applicator for Diffuse Thinners I believe. I then massage the minoxidil into my scalp, so far there has been no irritiation whatsoever. (but today was only my first application of it)

Thanks for the input guys!

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
elguapo said:
Slartibartfast- What does the name mean? And how long were you on propecia before switching to dutasteride, and how long after the switch did you notice more regrowth. Glad to hear things have worked out for you. Good luck in the future.

Hi elguapo,

Starting with the most important of your questions; my pseudonym is a character out of a book by Douglas Adams called The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

I took propecia, well proscar quartered, for 20 months before switching to dutasteride and, thanks to using minoxidil as well, my hair did improve except at the front where they only slowed down the thinning, hence the switch to dutasteride.

The first thing I noticed after changing to dutasteride were fewer hairs falling out when I washed or brushed it, that was after a month or so. By the time the 3 to 4 month mark came I realized that the number of hairs I saw come out whilst brushing were the same as before this hair loss had started. But it was after about 5 months that I knew for sure the front was improving, I could see new brown hairs appearing, thinner and lighter than my good hair but still very encouraging.

A month and a half on from that, so it's still early days, and those hairs at the front are getting thicker and longer and the rest of my hair is the best it's been for years. I've been lucky that I don't have the sudden sheds that some guys get, maybe being on proscar for that long had already knocked out most of the DHT affected hairs, but if proscar and minoxidil don't work for you then perhaps dutasteride is what you need.

Hope this ramble helps and best of British luck to you,

Slarti.

Reaction score
Minoxidil seems to be working pretty well for me. I'm responding to it because I'm getting growth on my temples where I traditionally have no vellous hair growth [because the minoxidil drips there incidentally]. And I'm an *aggressive* diffuse thinner.

morpheus

Reaction score
i started on minoxidil at the begining of december, and it has made a differance, thickened up the front above my mid forehead, and looks better, ive had comments from people howit looks thicker but..

I have psoriasis, or subderm, and it does aggravate this, i use polytar af and alphosyl, which helps to keep it under control for the main part, sometimes it gets really bad, and when i comb my hair, it looks like ive been surnburnt, peeling skin and stacks of it fall out, so then its emerency measures and i add some hydrocortisone powder to the alphosyl, that really helps, but i try not todo that very often, once every two wks at most.

i apply morning and evening, i can feel when the sub derm builds up, due to the increased itching, so i have a vigorous comb, to try and exfolliate, thing im worried about is that, if the sub derm gets very bad, which it invariably does, and i comb and lumps of peel skin fall out, i also notice more hair coming out to, and it looks a bit thinner...
its a bit of a viscious circle, but minoxidil has improved my hair, more so than before i took it despite the above problems, just wish their was a sure fireway to get rid of it, the summer always helps though

psoriasis is common in the scalp, do a search on psoriasis, im sure mine is this rather than sub derm, ive had the problem now for 12 years, since a trigger event, im sure this caused my thinning on the front, above the temples have been creeping for the last 6 years, and i think this is male pattern baldness, on the psoriasis thinned area, ie mid scalp above forehead, minoxidil has a good response, havent seen much response above the temples yet, but its early days