Calcification And Fibrosis As Major Causes Of Androgenetic Alopecia

INT

Reaction score
Do people even read the first post anymore?

Links to the articles are there, full with science.

He said that the cause of androgenetic alopecia is a low oxygen environment in the scalp... If you look at the study that this conclusion was based on (unless I am missing something here) you see that that particular conclusion is quite the leap. First of all, we are talking about a study with only 18 participants....The conclusion was that in balding areas there was less oxygen but we have no idea what causes what. As another member said on the previous page, it is just as likely (or even more IMO) to think that the calcification and low oxygen are the result, not the cause of male pattern baldness.

Inigo1202

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
He said that the cause of androgenetic alopecia is a low oxygen environment in the scalp... If you look at the study that this conclusion was based on (unless I am missing something here) you see that that particular conclusion is quite the leap. First of all, we are talking about a study with only 18 participants....The conclusion was that in balding areas there was less oxygen but we have no idea what causes what. As another member said on the previous page, it is just as likely (or even more IMO) to think that the calcification and low oxygen are the result, not the cause of male pattern baldness.

According to the article I posted, lack of oxygen is caused by calcification. Calcification limits the blood flow, this causes that less and less oxygen flows to the follicles, they start to shrink, etc.

That's what I'm trying to discuss. I want to know all your opinions of that.

Attachments

• Ultimate-Hair-Loss-Flowchart-1024x886.jpg
    Ultimate-Hair-Loss-Flowchart-1024x886.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 137

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good news: you do not have hair loss.
Bad news: you have been putting eggs on your head for nothing.

I definitely had some hair loss. I remember that the hairs at my left temples fell out and grew back after three months. I remember my left side being thinner too. I tried various things on my scalp not just raw eggs. I tried rosemary oil, onion, garlic, nizoral, vinegar, massaging, raw nail butrubbing but eggs did the best. I don't put them for nothing. They really help me eliminate the dandruff and wash my hair better than shampoo. They are incredibly nutritious and full of antioxidants. I hate eating eggs and instead I absorb their nutrients through the scalp.

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
According to the article I posted, lack of oxygen is caused by calcification. Calcification limits the blood flow, this causes that less and less oxygen flows to the follicles, they start to shrink, etc.

That's what I'm trying to discuss. I want to know all your opinions of that.
If u want opinions thats fine, but then don't go around and tell ur actuallly doing science here because all u are doing here is just posting some in vivo studies or on low participants and making huge leaps in ur conclusions. Nobody knows and can know because there is no data on it. But it is highly unlikely that even a letter of what this dude wrote is right because to be honest he has no qualifications and makes huge claims.

Reactions: INT

INT

Reaction score
So that confirms you didn't read the article.

This is the summary:

Chronic tension >> inflammatory response >> DHT >> TGFβ-1 >> fibrosis >> restricted blood flow >> hair follicle miniaturization >> pattern hair loss

To know the science behind this theory you need to read the article.

So this confirms that you misunderstood what I asked for, which is robust scientific backup for his claims. You posted an article with theories and speculation that only linked to a very weak study that is not even close to backing up the evidence chain you just posted.

INT

Reaction score
"Robust scientific backup" Lol.

Stop being dense, the studies he uses to support his theory are the best we have at this moment, you ask for things that do not exist. And like I said, these type of studies are almost never funded because there is almost no money to be made.

Next time try to bring a real argument to the table why this theory is not legit.

LOL. Have you lost your faith in science so much that asking for scientific evidence is no longer a valid argument? Is it personal anecdote all the way now?

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it's time u take a basic entry level science class Pigeon, so atleast u know what science is because now u are more clueless than 13 year olds from Belgium.

INT

Reaction score
What are you talking about? He backs up everything/most in his theory with scientific studies but you don't think it's "robust" enough.

If you don't find these scientific studies he quotes to be of any value and on that basis try to dismiss his theory then we don't have a lot to discuss.

Here's another good article: https://perfecthairhealth.com/hair-transplants-debunk-scalp-tension-hair-loss/

Btw, he published a peer reviewed study and it got published in a dermatology journal, is that "robust" enough for you?

Have not seen that one yet but the 18 participant study is garbage

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
I also wish for more "robust" science but when will we get it? This is the best we have for the moment, simple as that.
Doesn't change the fact that his articles are bullshit, this qualifications are none and alll he is trying to so is sell his bullshit book.

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I disagree with the theory that the follicles react directly as an immune response to androgens. I saw somewhere that throwing fire accidentally at someone's scalp regrows hair. It's fibrosis that causes hair loss.

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I do have hair loss. Hairline use to be in more convex shape and temples were comepletely even. And left temple had more baby hairs. Now temples are uneven with left temple being a bit receded. It is like that since march but is is slowly improving.

Attachments

• 04032013546.jpg
    04032013546.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 350

Inigo1202

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't understand why people are so fcking touchy on these kind of forums. I'm not "doing science" nor speaking the absolute truth. I opened a thread about some theories a read on a web that's actually pretty well supported. I want to know your opinions about it.

There are people here that are completely delusional about some things. I TAKE FINASTERIDE. DHT is a major cause of Androgenetic Alopecia. But that doesn't mean its the only one. In fact, calcification and lack of oxygen supply has been know as a cause of Androgenetic Alopecia since the early 60s. And there are a dozen more.

I just want to know all your opinions about it. Create a constructive debate about Androgenetic Alopecia that will help us all. But people seem to be really touchy about their own beliefs.

So please, get out of your comfort zone. Believing that DHT is the only cause of Androgenetic Alopecia is normal if you live in 1997. We are almost in 2020. Minoxidil or dermarolling/microneedling regrow a lot more hair compared to Finas/Dutas because...reasons? Lol. Let's be serious here.

Zenya

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't understand why people are so fcking touchy on these kind of forums. I'm not "doing science" nor speaking the absolute truth. I opened a thread about some theories a read on a web that's actually pretty well supported. I want to know your opinions about it.
There are people here that are completely delusional about some things. I TAKE FINASTERIDE. DHT is a major cause of Androgenetic Alopecia. But that doesn't mean its the only one. In fact, calcification and lack of oxygen supply has been know as a cause of Androgenetic Alopecia since the early 60s. And there are a dozen more.

I just want to know all your opinions about it. Create a constructive debate about Androgenetic Alopecia that will help us all. But people seem to be really touchy about their own beliefs.

I think it's obvious. Most people are tired of speculative theories and future cures that never arrive, many charlatans going around selling junk or offering products that don't accomplish anything, from shampoos, and other stupidities that never work. So it is normal that many are reticent about any new theory or whatever. And they decide in the end (with criteria) to lean more towards the real studies that exist instead of letting themselves be carried away by alternatives that have not yet been confirmed.

Maybe DHT is not the only cause but it is the only proven one that influences and is directly related to hair loss, all others are speculations for now. You asked for opinions and that's what you got, except... you didn't like many of them.

Minoxidil or dermarolling/microneedling regrow a lot more hair compared to Finas/Dutas because...reasons? Lol. Let's be serious here.

Really? I'm not sure about that but you can believe what you want.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Mitko1 Theres some truth to that, but thats not the end of the story. Also remember that stemox grows hair by creating a hypoxic envinronment on your scalp.
You are not balding either dude. And widow peaks are not a sign of balding either .Almost every guy has that. Heck, even some women develope some widow peaks. Its normal to lose your a part of your temple hair sooner or later
@Inigo1202 Minoxidil doesnt grow hair because of bloodflow. I wish that myth would die already

Last edited:

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Mitko1 Theres some truth to that, but thats not the end of the story. Also remember that stemox grows hair by creating a hypoxic envinronment on your scalp.
You are not balding either dude. And widow peaks are not a sign of balding either .Almost every guy has that. Heck, even some women develope some widow peaks. Its normal to lose your a part of your temple hair sooner or later
@Inigo1202 Minoxidil doesnt grow hair because of bloodflow. I wish that myth would die already

I don't know what is stemox but I know that less oxygen = less hair. I noticed that most Androgenetic Alopecia sufferers have lower than the average hair density or an averageous hair density.

People with thick hair are born with more blood vessels and then more blood goes to their scalp and more hair. It is proven. That's why people with super thick hair never go bald.

Low oxygen environment increases androgen production you can check. Temples and veretex that go bald first and have most DHT because they are most hypoxic area. The mechanical tension is strongest in these areas. The very beginning of hair loss is when the miniaturized hairs on the temples that everyone has fall out. They fall out in almost everybody when they hit puberty because there are less blood vessels there and the blood flow is so poor that the hair cannot grow terminal. These areas suffer hypoxia very easily and a lot of DHT is produced there. It takes time for other areas to develop hypoxia and the blood flow decreases with age and male pattern baldness is more likely to occur.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
People with thick hair are born with more blood vessels and then more blood goes to their scalp and more hair. It is proven. That's why people with super thick hair never go bald.

Lol. I had super-thick hair as a teen (the kind you could break a comb on), as I'm sure many others did too. I never even thought about going bald, my father is losing his hair only now in his late 50s. I caught my mother's side and here I am heading to NW3. Doesn't mean sh*t.

Zenya

My Regimen
Reaction score

Where did you get this? That simply isn't true. At least not in my case.

Lol. I had super-thick hair as a teen (the kind you could break a comb on), as I'm sure many others did too. I never even thought about going bald, my father is losing his hair only now in his late 50s. I caught my mother's side and here I am heading to NW3. Doesn't mean sh*t.

Same here. I always had very thick hair, in my adolescence it was impressive, I didn't know how to comb not only because of the amount of hair but also because of how thick it was. I never thought that a few years later I would be fighting against androgenic alopecia. And here I am. It's my mother's side that fucked me.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know what is stemox but I know that less oxygen = less hair. I noticed that most Androgenetic Alopecia sufferers have lower than the average hair density or an averageous hair density.

Low oxygen environment increases androgen production you can check. Temples and veretex that go bald first and have most DHT because they are most hypoxic area. The mechanical tension is strongest in these areas. The very beginning of hair loss is when the miniaturized hairs on the temples that everyone has fall out. They fall out in almost everybody when they hit puberty because there are less blood vessels there and the blood flow is so poor that the hair cannot grow terminal. These areas suffer hypoxia very easily and a lot of DHT is produced there. It takes time for other areas to develop hypoxia and the blood flow decreases with age and male pattern baldness is more likely to occur.
Stemoxydine from loreal. It literally causes a hypoxic envinvronment to grow hair

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Where did you get this? That simply isn't true. At least not in my case.

Same here. I always had very thick hair, in my adolescence it was impressive, I didn't know how to comb not only because of the amount of hair but also because of how thick it was. I never thought that a few years later I would be fighting against androgenic alopecia. And here I am. It's my mother's side that fucked me.

You probably thought that it was too thick or dense but it actually wasn't. Look a the guy at
4:55. That's what I call a thick hair. All the guy I know who have a hairline like that are extremely thick on top like this guy.
He doesn't have any hair loss and will never go bald. I have never ever seen an androgenetic alopecia sufferer with hair like that.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
You probably thought that it was too thick or dense but it actually wasn't. Look a the guy at
4:55. That's what I call a thick hair. All the guy I know who have a hairline like that are extremely thick on top like this guy.
He doesn't have any hair loss and will never go bald. I have never ever seen an androgenetic alopecia sufferer with hair like that.

That's because the hairline is the first thing to go.