Buzzing your head

shookwun

Reaction score
Anyone else realize how thin there head actually is when they 0 guarded - 1 clipper it? Compared to the sides, and back it's mind boggling.

When I had half an inch uptop it looks great in a crew/flat top style.

my hair calibre is so fine and garbage it looks like I have nothing uptop. when the hair layers it makes a big difference

Definitely need to have toppik ASAP.

myhairbegone

Established Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of shaving...I've lost a lot after starting finasteride. From semi noticeably balding on crown to noticeably balding on crown and forelock.

Think shaving is a bad idea?

shookwun

Reaction score
Yes. Its going to depress the hell out of you.

A little hair goes a long way. Fading the sides leaving a bit on top makes a world of a difference.

A nice .5 inch crew cut with faded sides will make you look good regardless of Norwood.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score

A little hair goes a long way. Fading the sides leaving a bit on top makes a world of a difference.

A nice .5 inch crew cut with faded sides will make you look good regardless of Norwood.

Well, that's a testimony that is contrary to the whole "just shave it" websites (yes, there are websites dedicated to head shaving)

shookwun

Reaction score
It may or may not. I haven't had a zero guard in 10 years.

I don't rele recognize myself to be honeat

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone else realize how thin there head actually is when they 0 guarded - 1 clipper it? Compared to the sides, and back it's mind boggling.

I don't remember cutting my hair this short before, probably when I was a small child. Nowadays I don't fuss too much with hair styles since my options are so limited. My hair is clearly bushier on the back and sides while much thinner on the top of my head.

KO21

Established Member
Reaction score

my hair calibre is so fine and garbage it looks like I have nothing uptop. when the hair layers it makes a big difference

This is why I keep my hair longer on top and short on the sides. If I spike my hair after the shower or whatever I can really see how insanely thin it is. Otherwise it's not too bad.

Recently with the nicer weather I've noticed how thin my hair looks in the sun. Noticed it in my cars mirror.

Went and got some toppik. That stuff is great.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

The difference between the sides and back right now is relieving to me, but scares the hell out of me. I say this, because as soon as I took the sides back down from a 2 to a 1... the top instantly looked a LOT thicker. People notice it less. I walked around today in public feeling more confident than ever, DESPITE the hair transplant scar... but, it's gotten to the point where I can't afford f*cking with it anymore. I am thinking, one on the sides and back... and like a 8-10 on top.

galil

Reaction score
I actually go the other way around, #2 on sides and back and #1 on top , yes I'm preparing my self mentally for the inevitable

Rockinlove

Established Member
Reaction score
It was immensely depressing to shave my head. It is not easy getting used to your reflection in your mirror.

However, on the bright side, it made me realise that I can probably pull of the bald look since I have a nice shaped head.

I am torn between getting a hair transplant or scalp micropigmentation. Since the former carriers considerable risk as I am a diffuse thinner (for shock loss and scarring) : (.

Fullhead1day

Established Member
Reaction score
Idk, when I buzzed my head to a 1 all around, it looked like I was a fullhead, but just buzzed my head down low out of personal choice. And my hair up top is pretty damn thin.

winnyblues

Banned
Reaction score
Been shaving my head with a razer for a month now. Sometimes i hate it and at work i wear a hat, but i have a good head shape.
Still its ****ed being 24 and having a fully shaved head aka bald

megatron1234

Reaction score
I shave my head 0 guard and I find I look alright. I was really depressed when I was in my twenties but now I'm fine with my hair loss, although I recently started my hair loss therapy to see if it would still be possible to get hair back lol

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
is it just me or does anyone notice their scalp being extra shiny when taking their hair shorter? my head is especially shiny after taking a shower can anyone relate?

winnyblues

Banned
Reaction score
Yes its what happens if you go bald
If you notice properly bald guys have shine on their heads
You can use matte products like sunscreen or moisturizer which provides a matte look to get rid of the shine for a few hours

galil

Reaction score
Any one watched Atl.Madrid vs Bayern yesterday?
Noticed how shiny guardiola's scalp was? shiny as hell and had like a weird bump right in the middle.

Read that in male pattern baldness sebaceous glands are overactive, you get excess sebum and a shiny scalp, but then I've seen many nw6-7 with the most dry and clean scalps you can imagine.

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any one watched Atl.Madrid vs Bayern yesterday?
Noticed how shiny guardiola's scalp was? shiny as hell and had like a weird bump right in the middle.

Read that in male pattern baldness sebaceous glands are overactive, you get excess sebum and a shiny scalp, but then I've seen many nw6-7 with the most dry and clean scalps you can imagine.
Exactly my EMT partner is completely bald (he's only 23) and his head is not shiny at all

SniperWolfMR

Established Member
Reaction score
I need to stay off these forums, it's seriously not good for your mental health.

Always felt good telling myself I'll just give the head an old shave when I've ran out of options, now I have this **** planted in my head now.

shookwun

Reaction score
Im serious. never shave your head unless you absolutely have to.

I can't believe the immense difference half an inch ontop can make compared to 0 guard.

it's a reality check thats for sure. It's hard to believe where I came from, and if I will get there again.

#godspeed

might need to pop oral minixoidil like skittles, and hook my self uip to a rogaine IV.... need follicular growth.