Buzzed cut and im fucked nw6 incoming

Dalcounter

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I take finasteride 1.25mg everyday dutasteride 3 times a week .My hair are sh*t .What do u guys think? I dont know what the f*** do anymore
20210902_232300.jpg
20210902_232134.jpg

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s diffuse but not awful. finasteride and dutasteride should hold it there unless you’re getting worse. Then maybe consider minoxidil like @Norwoody mentioned

royce gracie

My Regimen
Reaction score
You could very well just be in a weird shedding phase or suffering telogen effluvium which has any number of causes besides male pattern baldness. Frankly I'm not seeing it here. If you're already on that dose of ar blockers it's probably not androgen related. minoxidil is your best bet if it stays this way.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, it probably looks worse when it’s this short. Grow it out and I bet it will look better.

Will Be an Egg in 5 years

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's why you should only buzz it if you're either treating it or adopting the bald look. Or just wanna see where are you at. I tell guys here this all the time.

The only reason I still have decent hair is because I only cut the tips of it, since 2019. I buzz the sides and they get worse each time I do it, specially temple peaks and sideburns, for obvious reasons. If I buzz the top I'm pretty sure 90% of it won't come back, and if it does, would be in the 4A pattern with the stupid island at the forelock.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The welshman is a good example of someone who looks much better the longer he grows his hair out.

I think it depends. Occasionally some guys look more thinned out when they try to grow it out too long, and it just looks wispy and bare. Depends on your natural density, where your hair loss is located, shaft diameter, color, texture, direction they lay, etc etc.

Will Be an Egg in 5 years

My Regimen
Reaction score
The welshman is a good example of someone who looks much better the longer he grows his hair out.

I think it depends. Occasionally some guys look more thinned out when they try to grow it out too long, and it just looks wispy and bare. Depends on your natural density, where your hair loss is located, shaft diameter, color, texture, direction they lay, etc etc.
Yep. Naturally thin hair will look even thinner when it's longer. That's why people with thicker hair types only realize they're balding when it's too late.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's why you should only buzz it if you're either treating it or adopting the bald look. Or just wanna see where are you at. I tell guys here this all the time.

The only reason I still have decent hair is because I only cut the tips of it, since 2019. I buzz the sides and they get worse each time I do it, specially temple peaks and sideburns, for obvious reasons. If I buzz the top I'm pretty sure 90% of it won't come back, and if it does, would be in the 4A pattern with the stupid island at the forelock.
Honestly I don't see the point of buzzing it if the balding isn't super advanced

Like yeah taking pics from top of your scalp with a digital camera will look slightly better when buzzed compared to grown out

But unless you're a black guy, from every other angle you'll look worse

Good luck going on a date with your down staring at the floor lol
"I treated my male pattern baldness, girl, see? It's buzzed!"

Only buzz if you have a few strands left or if you go for the fue+smp look

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't' think you're balding at all. Your hair is probably looking thinner because of the min and finasteride you're on, could be a Telogen Effluvium or just dark hair against white scalp. Normal hair whorl.