Buzzcut Vs. Camera Flash (reality Or Exaggerated?)

GBClique

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I buzzed my hair with a zero guard and now when i take pictures of my hair with flash it looks absolutely revolting. Like I'm sick to my stomach now. It looks like severe diffuse thinning. Without flash it looks alright and in the mirror it appears normal as well. How bad is it? Thanks!

Attachments

• 39242199_898694120327032_1133038524740665344_n.jpg
    39242199_898694120327032_1133038524740665344_n.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 1,906
  • 39388996_1103935063093912_1285757408483737600_n.jpg
    39388996_1103935063093912_1285757408483737600_n.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 1,786

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
As we said multiple times in this section, it is basically impossible to tell anything from the one picture.
You need a comparison in time, with the same light and same angle, not to mention same hair length.
Having said that: your crown seems a bit thin. But it could also be the very very harsh light.
Why did you start thinking you may be thinning? Do you, for instance, feel you cannot style the hair as you used to?

GBClique

My Regimen
Reaction score
As we said multiple times in this section, it is basically impossible to tell anything from the one picture.
You need a comparison in time, with the same light and same angle, not to mention same hair length.
Having said that: your crown seems a bit thin. But it could also be the very very harsh light.
Why did you start thinking you may be thinning? Do you, for instance, feel you cannot style the hair as you used to?

I have a whorl at the crown (not sure how big a difference that makes). I first started worrying about thinning in 2015 when I noticed greater hairs in my hand when I showered. This is my first time buzzing it and it seems to be confirming my suspicions that I have been thinning for a while. I just didn't think it was this extreme.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
I noticed greater hairs in my hand when I showered. T
That is not something that should necessarily scare you. If you lose 100 strands but produce 101, you don’t lose hair.
In general, the first problem that makes people think they are losing hair is the inability to obtain the usual style because volume and thickness go south.

GBClique

My Regimen
Reaction score
That is not something that should necessarily scare you. If you lose 100 strands but produce 101, you don’t lose hair.
In general, the first problem that makes people think they are losing hair is the inability to obtain the usual style because volume and thickness go south.

When my hair was longer I never had any issues with styling. This camera flash is ruining my day though. I started the big three last week so I'm hoping it bounces back.

Jake94

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Buzz cut + harsh light will definitely make you more able to see your scalp. Even Justin Bieber when had a short shaved head had a visible scalp in bright light.

This happened to me when I buzzed my head and although I’m in very early stages of male pattern baldness, it looks nothing like it did when I buzzed my head.

Grow it out for 3 months and take pics. Hop on treatments if it looks like it’s going.

GBClique

My Regimen
Reaction score
hi guys, ive been worrying pretty consistently since shaving it. i am just going to keep this thread as a log of my progress as i grow it out. heres a ~2 month update with flash.

Attachments

• 43103840_240659669946643_2702396197192073216_n.jpg
    43103840_240659669946643_2702396197192073216_n.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 1,323

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
hi guys, ive been worrying pretty consistently since shaving it. i am just going to keep this thread as a log of my progress as i grow it out. heres a ~2 month update with flash.

I really dont think you have any loss.

Its likely your hair type just stands sort of straight up so when its buzzed and you're using flash and highlights your scalp and makes it look bad.
You have insane density.

Oscar66

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I buzzed my hair with a zero guard and now when i take pictures of my hair with flash it looks absolutely revolting. Like I'm sick to my stomach now. It looks like severe diffuse thinning. Without flash it looks alright and in the mirror it appears normal as well. How bad is it? Thanks!
You have ZERO to worry about.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with the others, I have a friend who is a full head but regularly zero buzzes his hair and you can see his scalp, that's without flash too. Also can confirm he doesn't have male pattern baldness.

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
not sure if i had any major loss to begin with, but things seem to be maintaining pretty good over the previous months with my regimen. adding this post to log my progress over time.

with that hair at 27 you have nothing to worry about. It is true that you might have thinned out slightly compared to your teenage years but that is very normal and does not mean you are going bald. Almost nobody keeps the same hair density at 30 as they have at 16, even if they arent going bald.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
i seem to be maintaining with my current regimen, but i still shed what feels like an insane amount when im showering and styling my hair (probably close to 50 strands every time).

I shed many hairs too; shedding shouldn't be used as an indicator for much.