BUZZ CUT concealer

tkster95

Reaction score
I recently came across a concealer that is supposed to replicate a shaven head or buzz cut. The website is www. buybuzzcut .com I haven't been able to find much info on it (youtube videos, forum posts etc) other than through the website that sells it. I was wondering if anyone has tried it before? It is relatively inexpensive compared to other hairloss treatments so I was thinking I may give it a shot. I'm an NW7 so I'm not sure it will be ideal for me, having to deal with gluing fake hair to that much area may be very uncomfortable. Plus not sure how long it will last or if the "hairs" will fall off and make a mess everywhere. Any experiences you may have had with it would be helpful. Thanks.

Edit....

Just realized I accidentally posted this in the Alternative treatments section. I though I was in the concealer section when I posted. I can't see an option for me to move the thread but if a forum administrator could move it I'd appreciate it.

Jondorey

Reaction score
I have also stumbled across this website. Looks a bit budget but concept sounds great. Not totally sure how is applied. Did you go for it? Be interested to hear your feedback

tkster95

Reaction score
Yeah I bought some and gave it a try. Unfortunately, for me its not an ideal, every day, type of solution.

The pros: The glue they use is actually pretty light weight and I didn't really feel it. When I was able to apply the product correctly it does kind of resemble close cut hair and does feel sort of natural as well.

The cons: I found the application to be pretty messy and rather difficult (which is why I don't think its a good every day type of solution). I tried it multiple times and every time it came out looking a bit different. Its tough to apply the glue before hand correctly so when you apply the product it will look like your hairline. The spray applicator they have with it is also a bit finicky. The spray applicator attaches to the top of the canister that holds the product. The spray applicator consists of a rubber half moon shaped portion and a long narrow tube where the product comes out of. You press down on the rubber part and it creates air flow in the canister and shoots the product out of the tube. When done correctly its comes out as a mist of product that gently falls onto the glue that you applied before hand. However, if you press too hard it shoots out in a thick stream that ruins the effect. When that happens you have to start over by washing it out and trying again. Its something that I believe with time would likely become easier though. Its also a bit difficult to blend with your natural hair, but doable. I found that its best to do with a shaved head (at least for me). I was never able to get it on totally correct, enough to leave the house with. I'd always get 80% through it then do one miss spray and have to start over. That or I'd apply the glue wrong before hand and my hair line would be jacked up.

I'm not looking for that much work at the moment. Its much more difficult than applying concealers but on the other hand its easier than attaching a hair piece. Not sure what your current hair loss situation but it may be worth giving it a shot, you may find it a lot easier than I did. Plus, its not that expensive to try out. I imagine it would be much easier for someone who wasn't trying to recreate a hairline as I was (NW6/7). I was hoping it would be a nice easy solution I could go with instead of doing smp. After trying it out I am still leaning towards going for smp though.

tkster95

Reaction score
Interesting, so basically it really isn't worth the money right?

I wouldn't necessarily say that. If applied correctly I think it could look and feel pretty real. I just found the application to be very difficult and messy. I haven't tried it again since I originally bought it, but after a few weeks/months of practice I could foresee it becoming a bit easier to apply. One thing I will say again though, recreating a hairline was difficult and I imagine would be problematic during every application, even after practice.

Is it worth the money? Well, its relatively cheap to try so I think it's worth giving a shot.

MtlBaldBoy

Reaction score
It's funny I was about to look for a product like that on this forum and it's the first discussion on top! Maybe its destiny! :p The website mentioned seem so out of date and it doesnt look professional at all. But the product seem very interesting! I'd like to know from OP, I have black hair but when I wet shave I have a grey stubble look. Should I order the grey or black product? And Is it water and sweat proof as mention?

Thank you very much! Oh and how long is the delivery? :)

tkster95

Reaction score
It's funny I was about to look for a product like that on this forum and it's the first discussion on top! Maybe its destiny! :p The website mentioned seem so out of date and it doesnt look professional at all. But the product seem very interesting! I'd like to know from OP, I have black hair but when I wet shave I have a grey stubble look. Should I order the grey or black product? And Is it water and sweat proof as mention?

Thank you very much! Oh and how long is the delivery? :)

Yeah the site did look a bit out of date, but its the only time I've ever seen a product like that so I figured it was worth a shot, plus it was through paypal so no worries. The black shade would probably work best for you. Not 100% sure on that though. You could send them an email if you're not sure. I did myself to ask what color I should use and they were pretty quick to get back to me. It didn't take that long to receive either.. I'm in the mid west USA and it took about 3-4 days total.