Brylcreem ..... good for the hair ??

Perfectionist

Reaction score
Well ..... my grandfather (almost 90 years old) and my father have been using Brylcreem since they were in their teens ...... and they both have a full healthy head of hair !!

My grandad swears by it and has been telling me to use it for months since he started seeing my hair thinning ......

Obviously its not gonna grow my hair back ..... but could it be a useful addition like the Nizoral shampoos ??

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
A little dab'll do ya! :D

-cj-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Byrlcreem Anti-Dandruff:
INDICATIONS:
Ideal grooming aid for problem-dandruff hair. Proven and effective medication protects against flaking, scaling and itching while conditioning action makes hair easy to manage and style. Contains the ingredient zinc pyrithione and, as all Brylcreem products, contains no alcohol.

INGREDIENTS:
Active Ingredients:
Pyrithione Zinc 0.1.
Inactive Ingredients:Mineral oil, water, propylene glycol, triceteareth-4 phosphate, paraffin, petrolatum, triethanolamine, carbomer, fragrance, poloxamer 234, poloxamer 334

I see our good friend PPG there.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Not only that, but Pyrithione Zinc. I believe it's an anti-fungal... good for scalp health vis-a-vis anti-irritiation.

Packers

Established Member
Reaction score
Perfectionist, have you started using it? If my dad and granddad has healthy heads of hair and insisted on using it then I would to!

Perfectionist

Reaction score
Hell yes I'm using it !!

In fact I like it better than all the differant Gels and Sprays and all the other crap I've put on my hair for years !! :D

Packers

Established Member
Reaction score
Cool, tell us a bit more about it if you dont mind...since I'm having so much trouble finding the Got2B Chaotic Putty I think I might just use Brylcreem instead.

Packers

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks, does it give your hair that wet look/feeling? I'm trying to avoid that because my hair looks best when it's dry...