brucergoldberg's Story Pics

marksb11

Established Member
Reaction score
How expensive are hair transplants? I know it varies based on how many grafts you get, but what is a rough estimate for an average job of, say, 2000 grafts?

Reaction score
my doctor was wonderful. Today i had my stitches out- it was painless. he said my deal was simple and perfect.

I paid $3800 and was suppose to get 1500 grafts but got 2200 instead because my hair was so dense in the back (number of follicles). That also included 6 mos of propecia

he is at

http://www.hairtx.com/

cant wait to wash my hair tonight LOL

HairBeThere

Reaction score
oh man.. wash your hair now.. Just had mine out today, and it was the first thing I did when I got home!! What a relief!!

Bruce, I am more than interested in your case.. Please keep us updated with photo's and progress.

I'll do the same.. I guess, I'll show you mine if you show me yours. :shock:

Reaction score
look at my pics- day 12 are up. no shedding yet. i cant keep my hand off my head. will you rub my head for me?

i cant wait to see your growth - do you have any yet?

HairBeThere

Reaction score
I have slight growth, but am waiting for the "shedding" to happen.. Hope it doesn't, but no way will I get my hopes up on a 10% chance... Just taking the appropriate measures. And I said show you mine, not rub yours!! :lol:

Reaction score
shedding sucks. no shedding yet. Could it be my jewish hair? my brother and dad could have passed for italian, i get the porcelin forehead.

are you updating your avatar?

Take a pic of your head close up - im curious to see whats going on

Reaction score
Hey guys, i have a lot of itching from dry scalp and some light flaking that looks like white sand. I am using zinc shampoo every other wash. Does anyone have any suggestions?

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Try one of the coal tar shampoos, either Henna or T-Gel. You might also try a good conditioner after you shampoo.

HairBeThere

Reaction score
Give head and shoulders for dry scalp a try. I've been using it for a week now, and it did wonders!!

HairBeThere

Reaction score
actually, it looks like you had about a 60% shed already. Which is great. I think you are prolly going to be safe with what you have that fifn't shed. The rest should start appearing at about 3 month mark.

Reaction score
well i didnt think i had a shed but guess it was gradual. Today i was in for a rude awakening when i was taking a shower and had about 10 little bitty grafted hairs in my hand. SO i guess i shedded. The hairs werre very small and looked like they didnt grow since the transplant. SO now what?

HairBeThere

Reaction score
"So now what?"
lol, sit back and enjoy the rollercoaster ride!!

It may get a little rough, but you'll get there!

Reaction score
so now after all these little ones are gone (they fall out with touch - look like little razor stubbles) how long before i see the new growth sprout?

HairBeThere

Reaction score
rule of thumb, is 3 months.
Though sometimes for a few people, it takes 5 months. But 3 months is a safe bet.

HairBeThere

Reaction score
I wouldn't say that.. With everything, everything takes time.

In 3 months your going to be singing praises. And In a year, you are going to think this may have been the best thing that ever happened.

Welcome to the rollercoaster!