brucergoldberg's Story Pics

Reaction score
Hello

I am having stage 1 surgery Nov 11 and wanted to see if anyone is interested in following my story? I am having it because, I can afford it finally and im tired of seeing too much forehead. I am very scared to do this, but I am anxious.

I was also wondering if anyone can tell me if they took propecia and had no side effects?

bruce

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Definitely interested, please keep us posted. What doctor are you using?

Basketballhead

Established Member
Reaction score
ATTENTION: You should not be having an hair transplant if you are not currently under a regimen consisting of finasteride. Have you done any research at all?

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yeah man, i was all set up for a hair transplant when i freaked out three months ago, but luckily i cancelled it and have been on propecia and some good shampoos and supplements, i seem to be responding decently well. unless you have tried EVERYTHING, don't do a transplant. remember it is never too late to get one (if your hair falls out more it will only let the surgeon know more about your hair loss pattern and be able to fill in areas better) but it can be too LATE to start propecia, the earlier the better. If i were you i would start propecia at least, maybe rogaine too (though i don't use it) and see what growth you get, this way you can save valuable donor hair if you can maintain (or even regrow) if you eventually decide surgery is your only option. what stage are you in right now hair loss wise?

Reaction score
I am on stage 1 almostr 2. been losing my hair in the front since i was 17. I think its sped up this year due to poor eating habits, lots of beer drinking etc. I am scared to take that propecia stuff as I have a very active sex life and I am a runner and a work out freak. I just started on the rogaine but have the 7 months worth of propecia they gave me in a bag untouched.

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
so did you already have a transplant and you are going for your second one? if you haven't gotten one yet, and are still wondering whether or not you are 100 percent that you want to do it, check out this websites, it kinda gives you the rundown if you are a good candidate and if the doctor you have is reputable.

http://www.universityhairtransplant.com/advice.htm

this is the guy i go to for hair loss.

Reaction score
did you guys see your doctor listed here:

http://www.ishrs.org/

the one i wanted to see charges $1000 more in dallas because of the price of overhead. Even though hes right down the street from me, if i flew to arkansas it would be $1000 cheaper.

I am seeing dr. lam instead.

bruce

Thomas

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Having stage 1 transplant surgery Nov 11 - new here

brucergoldberg said:
Hello

I am having stage 1 surgery Nov 11 and wanted to see if anyone is interested in following my story? I am having it because, I can afford it finally and im tired of seeing too much forehead. I am very scared to do this, but I am anxious.

I was also wondering if anyone can tell me if they took propecia and had no side effects?

bruce

No need to be scared, just don't ask your doctor to show you the big piece of meat they take out of the back of your head.. bwahaha

Thomas

Established Member
Reaction score
brucergoldberg said:
bwahhhaa yerself LOL

any tips i need to know?

bruce

Yes!!! Follow the instructions your doctor gives you before and after your procedure exactly. Also, you may want to take a week off of work.. You can go back to work after 1 day or so but, it's just nice to take a week off gives your body time to heal much better...

Reaction score
Heres an update -

my surgery is this thursday 8 a.m. - i need ride home from the dr. :) I tried the rogaine and it raised my blood pressure. I tried the propecia and it made it difficult for me to "play". Ive got 5 unopened bottles of the stuff up for grabs.

ill take some pics after the surgery.

Reaction score
I had my surgery yesterday, because my hair was so thick in the back they were able to get me 2,500 grafts. The back of my head hurts like hell but no pain in the front. Ill have pics soon.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Always nice to see pics... no doubt your hair will be looking considerably thicker over the next few months

Reaction score
update 36 hours after surgery, the side of my head looks like someone hit me hard as sh*t with a bat, its all swollen. ZERO pain in the front where the grafts are and only a little in the back. Besides hurting when i sneeze, yawn, frown, smile, breathe, fart, or eat I feel like a million bucks.

I am getting ready to take a shower and was wotld to wash all the funk out of my hair from surgery - ill take another pic afterwards.
they told me to take the propecia for a month before i give up but after my ying yang looked like a water pistol when i orgasmed i think ill pass

Reaction score
Jesus, part of my head swelled up to make me look like i was half japanese. Does anyone know when the graft is secure enough that i dont have to worry about them falling out or anything if i accidently itch them at night?

HairBeThere

Reaction score
hey bruce,

bruce,

I'm 1 day behind you buddy.. Sounds like the saline is having it's way with you. I noticed this morning I looked a little japenease myself. I watched myself evolve from a nethanderal, to a Japanease Hentia star! :-x

Don't scratch your head man.. Leave those things alone for about 7 days atleast. 4 days they are sitting secure, but that's from normal movement.

And don't pick the scabs!! Leave everything alone! Good luck man.. I'm right there with ya!!

HairBeThere

Reaction score
bruce,
everything looks like it is going normal. Does your doctor have a web site? I'd like to see about his practice.