Bruce Lee's workout routine.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
Harie said:
muaythai187 said:
Of course you have more of a advantage and easier of increasing muscles mass of you have less fat which is also why a healthy diet is a very important factor in developing muscle.

I wonder if he means that you have more visible muscle if you have less fat?

I think that goes without saying, no?

muaythai187

Established Member
Reaction score
Its a harder dedication when you have high body fat percentage if your trying to gain muscle because you to have loose all the fat first, first you Count how many calories you eat in a normal day, second At the end of that day, add up the number of calories you ate/drank. Be as exact as possible. Once you add it all up, you now have the total number of calories you consume daily. Also, weigh yourself, third Starting the day after you counted calories, eat 500 calories LESS then you normally do. So, lets pretend that the day you counted calories you counted 2000. For the rest of the week, you would eat 1500 calories a day thenl you have to do is subtract 500 from the total number of calories you consume in a normal day, and eat this new number of calories every day for the next 7 days,fourth
Instead of eating 3 big meals a day (breakfast, lunch and dinner), or eating all day all the time, spread those calories out over 5 smaller meals. Eat one meal every 2 and a half to 3 hours. Doing this will speed up your metabolism, fifth step is cardio Cardio. Cardio is an important part of weight loss. If you're serious about losing weight, but don't want to do the cardio workouts, then you are requiring your diet to do all of the work. Jog, walk, swim, jump rope, ride a bike, take an aerobics class, whatever... cardio + proper diet = better than just doing one of the two. it takes is 30 minutes a day, 3 - 5 days a week. I say 3-5 days a week because I don't know if you have 5 pounds to lose, or if you have 50 pounds to lose. So, depending on how much your looking to lose, figure it out. 3 times a week is good starting point though. Then once you loose all that fat then you start weight lifting.

If you have skinny frame and less body fat percentage then all you got to do is count how many calories you eat in a normal day eat 500 calories more than you normally do. lets pretend that the day you counted calories you counted 2000. For the rest of the week, you would now eat 2500 calories a day. Instead of eating 3 big meals a day or eating all day all the time, spread those calories out over 5-6 smaller meals Next is lift, lift ,lift but the good thing you dont have to do cardio.

powersam

Reaction score
muaythai187 said:
Its a harder dedication when you have high body fat percentage if your trying to gain muscle because you to have loose all the fat first,

that is absolutely and completely wrong.

bald30

Reaction score
I have to agree with muaythai how would be easier to gain muscle if you have high percentage body fat, that doesnt make it any sense ....

muaythai187

Established Member
Reaction score
Results is what I look for not words so far my theory has been working for me and my friends that I am helping to gain muscle. Here is my latest pic

powersam

Reaction score
muaythai187 said:
Results is what I look for not words so far my theory has been working for me and my friends that I am helping to gain muscle.

what works for you may not work for others, and it is wrong to state as fact what is only your personal opinion. especially when parts of it are unarguably incorrect, such as that you have to lose all the fat before you can put on muscle.

CCS

Reaction score
powersam said:
muaythai187 said:
Results is what I look for not words so far my theory has been working for me and my friends that I am helping to gain muscle.

what works for you may not work for others, and it is wrong to state as fact what is only your personal opinion. especially when parts of it are unarguably incorrect, such as that you have to lose all the fat before you can put on muscle.

He is half right. The more inshape you are building muscle, the more testosterone your body makes, and the more fat you can burn without losing as much muscle, and the more muscle you can gain. The more out of shape you are, the less testosterone you have, and the less you can do of either.

My advice to people is before eating a lot to build muscle or dieting or doing cardio a lot to burn fat, first get into shape a bit more gradually if you are not already a regular gym person. Your resting testosterone levels will then increase and you then will be able to build and cut more efficiently.

It is not wise to jump into high gear on day one. Ramp up over a few weeks or more if you are really out of shape, or maybe 1 week if you just have missed a few months. But steroid users can jump right in.

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
muaythai187 said:
Its a harder dedication when you have high body fat percentage if your trying to gain muscle because you to have loose all the fat first

I don't know why everyone is arguing with you. Seems like common sense that it's easier to gain muscle while bulking than it is to gain muscle while cutting. So of course a skinny guy is going to be able to gain more muscle than a fat guy, because skinny guy is eating a surplus of calories and maintains his anabolic state. But...it is possible to gain muscle while cutting too, just not as quickly.

Normally in a calorie deficit, your body burns glycogen & muscle 1st before fat. So, in that sense, you will have muscle loss. But your body doesn't always burn muscle as fue if you trick it into burning mostly fat.

powersam

Reaction score
but thats not what he said. he said you have to lose the fat before you can gain muscle. there is nothing to stop a fat guy from starting weights and gaining muscle, without losing the fat first. the fat would simply be more energy he could use.

you're talking about some perfect routine, but the simple fact is that a fat guy can work out and put on muscle just as easy as a skinny guy if all other things are considered equal. no calorie deficits, no cutting, none of that crap. we are talking about one fat guy and one skinny guy, lifting weights. no other details.

bald30

Reaction score
LOL Hey Muay Thai debating about fitness in the hairloss forum is the wrong thing to do your just wasting your time. My roomate christina was being nosy and saw your picture while browsing in this forum, shes a fitness model and indicated that you were in a fitness competion in Miami last year,small world mate.

muaythai187

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes bald30 I know that why I didnt leave any comment on the last post. I was in the competiion last year ,right now I'm in Japan training for pride fighting. So Christina is your roomate ,I remember that her house was close to south beach in miami close to the starbucks. Well tell her to say hello.

bald30

Reaction score
Ya I will tell her and she also said you were hot, also to call her at her same number.

s.a.f

Reaction score
bald30 said:
Ya I will tell her and she also said you were hot, also to call her at her same number.

Result! You may be the first guy to ever pull a bird via a post on a hairloss forum. :lol:

s.a.f

Reaction score
Wish I had a 'roomate' like that! :shock:

muaythai187

Established Member
Reaction score
Shes more beautiful than ever. I havent talk to her in ages and i think she called me today because saw a number on my cell with a area code 305 which is in the florida ,surprise she kept my number only met her once in a party but lost her number.

bald30

Reaction score
Yes it was her that called you, she told me when I got home from work. Your a lucky man Christina is very picky ,she really digs you man but was too shy too tell you when you guys met. I should know Im her best friend and she told me to call her back at the number on your cell when she called u this afternoon. Shes going to Singapore next month then Japan maybe you guys can meet.

powersam

Reaction score
haha now that is a happy ending. if only all threads went this way, especially maybe one involving IBM.

s.a.f

Reaction score
bald30 said:
Shes going to Singapore next month then Japan maybe you guys can meet.

Mauythai u r 1 lucky bastard. :wink: