Brotzu Lotion (trinov) Progress Pictures And Diary

CapiLarry

Reaction score
at risk of getting flamed -- I've uploaded a couple of pics. I think this stuff is starting to work. The pic from march 24 was under a ceiling light and the second one with a flash from camera. You can see the small birthmark lower right in both pics to give a sense of scale.

Also, I got a hair cut about a week ago. The hairs on my temple are definitely growing longer -- when i first started a the beginning of January my temples were covered in wispy darkish hairs that didn't grow out at all -- at the very least now they appear to be growing
march24.jpg
april20.jpg

Niles B

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ive been looking through this particular forum for a while... im curious to try this trinov. Just have to say though, the town water can also be a major determining factor too especially if there is heaps of chlorine. Im from australia and moved to an outback town that sources its water from the great artesian basin (2 million year old water from underground). I noticed huge improvement in my hair after 3 months of drinking and bathing in this magical sh*t.... the catch was that because it was very potent with minerals i only put my head under the shower water twice or 3 times a week when washing it with nizoral(let the dht itch build up and nuke it twice and normal shampoo on the third optional day), it had amazing results it really did.... I really thought I had sealed the deal i really thought i had it in the bag... im 28 years old, in my early and mid 20s women would show ALOT of interest (i know pathetic and shallow) and from 26 onwards with hairloss women treated me like sh*t.... it really affected me mentally.. to regain what i had lost, to experience youth again its unexplainable.. so this was all dandy until i got a certain type of job that required being in and out of "burning rooms" and -30 freezers...... say goodbye goodbye.... alll went to sh*t from there and even after quitting the job it never was the same again and there was no improvement and it only got much worse. I eventually moved my sorry *** away again... to this day i still have heaps of cysts at the back of my neck and my hair is feeble and thiiiiin and sh*t. f*** i hate life when this sort of sh*t happens. Moral of the story... trust yourself with knowing your own body and what you know works for you. Also see if there is a town near you that uses artesian water supply. I know stupid, incoherent,vague rambling comment... dont know how to fit it all in or where to start just trying to share knowledge for what its worth.

altsequence

My Regimen
Reaction score
A quick update. I stopped Trinov 10 days ago thinking it wasn't doing anything. My front was continuing to recede as fast as ever.

My entire head is losing at a terrible rate now. I'm wondering if I'm having a reflex loss from an uptick in DHT. Did anyone else who stopped experience this?

Another possibility is that the Trinov was doing more to prevent loss than I was giving it credit for. The top (not front) of my hair was as thick as ever on it. Now it too is thinning. I had oily skin/acne side effects and it was impacting my sleep. These were also factored in on stopping.

Can anyone speak to the effectiveness of using a DHT blocker like this on a cycled basis? To try and get the heightened benefits most of us saw early on? Maybe using for two months, then stopping for a week and resuming?

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A quick update. I stopped Trinov 10 days ago thinking it wasn't doing anything. My front was continuing to recede as fast as ever.

My entire head is losing at a terrible rate now. I'm wondering if I'm having a reflex loss from an uptick in DHT. Did anyone else who stopped experience this?

Another possibility is that the Trinov was doing more to prevent loss than I was giving it credit for. The top (not front) of my hair was as thick as ever on it. Now it too is thinning. I had oily skin/acne side effects and it was impacting my sleep. These were also factored in on stopping.

Can anyone speak to the effectiveness of using a DHT blocker like this on a cycled basis? To try and get the heightened benefits most of us saw early on? Maybe using for two months, then stopping for a week and resuming?
I don't see how you can be so sure you are suddenly losing hair at a far increased rate after only ten days of stopping the product. I think this might be a placebo effect. The power of placebo can often be extremely strong.

Naja

My Regimen
Reaction score

I understand completely that 10 days can feel like a long time when it's just pure anxiety and depression about your hair loss, but to be honest I don't think you were either on it long enough to see any effect take place or that 10 days off it would be enough to see a negative impact. For instance I've done a couple of things that caused major and unmistakable shedding (quitting birth control pills after many years and giving birth) and both sheds took place almost exactly 3 months after the event. It's just how hair cycles work. Even something disastrous for hair (like the things mentioned above) will make huge amounts of hair enter telogen phase and then fall out but that takes time.

If I were you, I would only attempt a treatment if I were going to stick it out for 6 months at least (barring terrible allergic reaction etc). This is just my opinion. I'm sorry you're experiencing this traumatic situation and wish you the best.

altsequence

My Regimen
Reaction score
I understand completely that 10 days can feel like a long time when it's just pure anxiety and depression about your hair loss, but to be honest I don't think you were either on it long enough to see any effect take place or that 10 days off it would be enough to see a negative impact. For instance I've done a couple of things that caused major and unmistakable shedding (quitting birth control pills after many years and giving birth) and both sheds took place almost exactly 3 months after the event. It's just how hair cycles work. Even something disastrous for hair (like the things mentioned above) will make huge amounts of hair enter telogen phase and then fall out but that takes time.

If I were you, I would only attempt a treatment if I were going to stick it out for 6 months at least (barring terrible allergic reaction etc). This is just my opinion. I'm sorry you're experiencing this traumatic situation and wish you the best.

Totally get the skepticism when it comes to seeing a change after ten days. However, I think what we consider the "normal hair cycle" can be disrupted by things that influence the primary cause of male pattern baldness, namely DHT. Also something worth noting is the fact that I only ever had an itch on the sides of my head, this has always unequivocally been the case. For the past several days after stopping I have the itch on the top and front as well as the sides.

Again, it's worth noting that this had given me systemic side effects too, as other users have noted. Maybe this has something to do with it? The sides were similar to finasteride but less extreme. Gotta disagree with you about carrying on except in the case of a "terrible allergic reaction". I'd say if something is noticeably effecting your hormones, and hasn't shown signs of slowing, then this alone is reason enough. I spoke to a doctor about this a month ago and he advised getting off at that time. I'd ordinarily avoid halting treatment before 6 months, but this weighed into my decision to stop.

Not trying to convince anyone, just seeing if anyone else had experienced something similar after stopping.

The cycling of treatment question was aimed at avoiding sides by limiting the systemic load of the drug, while securing some of the benefits of preventing DHT induced damage on an intermittent basis.

Pancreata

My Regimen
Reaction score
Totally get the skepticism when it comes to seeing a change after ten days. However, I think what we consider the "normal hair cycle" can be disrupted by things that influence the primary cause of male pattern baldness, namely DHT. Also something worth noting is the fact that I only ever had an itch on the sides of my head, this has always unequivocally been the case. For the past several days after stopping I have the itch on the top and front as well as the sides.

Again, it's worth noting that this had given me systemic side effects too, as other users have noted. Maybe this has something to do with it? The sides were similar to finasteride but less extreme. Gotta disagree with you about carrying on except in the case of a "terrible allergic reaction". I'd say if something is noticeably effecting your hormones, and hasn't shown signs of slowing, then this alone is reason enough. I spoke to a doctor about this a month ago and he advised getting off at that time. I'd ordinarily avoid halting treatment before 6 months, but this weighed into my decision to stop.

Not trying to convince anyone, just seeing if anyone else had experienced something similar after stopping.

The cycling of treatment question was aimed at avoiding sides by limiting the systemic load of the drug, while securing some of the benefits of preventing DHT induced damage on an intermittent basis.

I stopped 3 weeks ago and am also experiencing excessive loss. More than before starting treatment. I agree with your thinking that there is now unopposed DHT, albeit probably with higher basal DHT concentrations or increased androgen signaling in response to the weeks of binding to DHT by s-equol. S-equol applied 1X a day is probably not strong enough for some men to decrease scalp DHT in the long term, so there was probably a natural response to increase DHT synthesis from testosterone and increase androgen receptor signaling. This happens in castration therapy in men with prostate cancer.I only hope that with time DHT levels will normalize and reflect one's own genetic endowment for scalp DHT levels and maybe the advanced shedding will slow down. This product is garbage snake oil and agree with you that systemic effects are too dangerous to experiment with in hopes that there will be substantial growth at or after 6 months.

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
f*** Brotzu.
It is fairly clear at this point that it is a snake oil. I'd say it is about on par with the ingenious idea that the Romans came up with of smearing topical chicken dung over their balding scalps. Needless to say, they continued to lose their hair.

dante12

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't understand why you have to judge (positively or negatively) a treatment before the classic six months ..
Most people started talking badly about it even after 1 or 2 months, absurd.
For my part, since I used it, (4 months), I have greatly reduced the symptoms of seborrheic dermatitis, (redness, burning, seborrhea), and I have reduced hair loss.
And I know 2 other people who are currently satisfied with the treatment.
In any case I know that this lotion will not be the solution to baldness, but simply a novelty that can be useful while waiting for more effective treatments. We keep our fingers crossed for Replicel at the Barcelona congress.

Last edited: