Brotzu Lotion (trinov) Progress Pictures And Diary

Goodsend

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know I sound like a broken record at this point, but I honestly can't believe how much hair I've shed on this. It's shocking. I've receded and thinned so much on the front hairline and temple regions, which is where I've been applying it. I literally can't apply anything to my hair without 8-12 hairs coming off on my hand, and the amount I see in the show has increased substantially. When I started applying Trinov, I'd have 0-2 on my hand for at least the first month. I'm really, REALLY hoping there's some payoff with regrowth at some point. :(

There really should be some recourse against Fidia for NEVER mentioning any type of shed in their study or press releases etc. Even Brotzu himself never mentioned shedding. Disgusting. The belief that there was a lack of shedding was the only reason I waited for this.
Same here.
I'm very worried because I've been experiencing the shed for the last 3 months with no sign of stopping. My hair never looked this bad. At this point I don't believe anymore than it's the shed before regrowth. When I used oral finasteride I remember I got regrowth without losing ground. Had to stop finasteride because of side effects but I didn't see my hairline receding even during the first couple of months. With Trinov is different.....I'm shedding like crazy and everyday my hairline is receding.

I'm so concerned that I'm thinking about stopping and hoping the hair I lost will come back otherwise we should all organize a class action against Fidia for commercializing a product that clearly shed hair instead of regrowing them. They never mentioned we could have a shed before regrowth in their studies.

Goodsend

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think I'm going to continue with it. Everytime I put some on I don't feel good. I feel a bit hazy and it's difficult to concentrate. Not really what you want to be doing to yourself everyday. I had the burning thing once too, but that seems to have passed.
Again, I have to quote. I'm experiencing mild brain fog. Not on the same level as with oral finasteride but still I can definitely notice the difference.

Bklyn_23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Same here.
I'm very worried because I've been experiencing the shed for the last 3 months with no sign of stopping. My hair never looked this bad. At this point I don't believe anymore than it's the shed before regrowth. When I used oral finasteride I remember I got regrowth without losing ground. Had to stop finasteride because of side effects but I didn't see my hairline receding even during the first couple of months. With Trinov is different.....I'm shedding like crazy and everyday my hairline is receding.

I'm so concerned that I'm thinking about stopping and hoping the hair I lost will come back otherwise we should all organize a class action against Fidia for commercializing a product that clearly shed hair instead of regrowing them. They never mentioned we could have a shed before regrowth in their studies.

How many months have you been using it in total, and what type of hair loss do you have (i.e., diffuse, recession, retrograde/DUPA etc.)? Also, how long after starting it did the shed begin?

I was using it 2x per day for the first ~5 weeks and then switched to the recommended 1x per day. I'd say my shedding started after about 6 weeks and hasn't stopped yet. I've been using this for about a week shy of 3 months now.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
How many months have you been using it in total, and what type of hair loss do you have (i.e., diffuse, recession, retrograde/DUPA etc.)? Also, how long after starting it did the shed begin?

I was using it 2x per day for the first ~5 weeks and then switched to the recommended 1x per day. I'd say my shedding started after about 6 weeks and hasn't stopped yet. I've been using this for about a week shy of 3 months now.
You ask him to explain what pattern loss he has then you do not reciprocate. Hmmm

Renegade000

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So after that regrowth I had a few months ago, by hair has gone downhill again. The shading really accelerated and I’m seeing patches where I could not see previously.

I’ve been on Trinov for 4 months.

I really hope things start to improve but I’m not holding my breath. I’ll probably carry on for 6 months as I’ve come this far but the shedding is a real worry now.

It’s looking more likely that the early results I posted were from needling and not Trinov.

I also worry about sides from reading some other peoples’ comments.

This is very depressing after seeing noticeable gains a couple of months ago.

I’m going to have a closer look at my temples to see what’s going on there, considering the regrowth I had previously.

Renegade000

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve not decided to stop Trinov, but in theory if a product is causing shedding and someone stops mid shed - would the new hairs still come through? Just curious about that.

Rudi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Renegade000 , have a read here
https://donovanmedical.com/hair-blog/dread-shed

My understanding is that the hairs come back. Instead falling out time after time, they are falling out more or less all at once. After a while the hair cycle starts again and new hair will grow. But because they are all shed in a very short time, the hair will appear thinner as the new ones are not ready to grow yet.
BUT, this is only the case if they do not get attacked by DHT.
I assume this is also the case with Trinov.

BUT..the real problem starts if people used minoxidil prior to Trinov or even stopped using Fina/Duta..
I feel that Trinov is very weak. So it does not compensate for Fina/minoxidil Combo.
There also may be anti-synergies between minoxidil and Trinov that we dont know (if used together).
The Trinov study participants were most likely on no treatment before the study started as this is a prerequisite...at least for serious ones. Thus it helped them a little. And yes, they had a bit of success. Depends also, how you define success!
But surely, it would have been ineffective for people that replaced eg Duta with Trinov.
And these are the ones who are in for a nasty surprise.
Lesson learned: NEVER EVER abort a successful treatment with an unproven one!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Renegade000

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So after that regrowth I had a few months ago, my hair has gone downhill again. The shading really accelerated and I’m seeing patches where I could not see previously.

I’ve been on Trinov for 4 months.

I really hope things start to improve but I’m not holding my breath. I’ll probably carry on for 6 months as I’ve come this far but the shedding is a real worry now.

It’s looking more likely that the early results I posted were from needling and not Trinov.

I also worry about sides from reading some other peoples’ comments.

This is very depressing after seeing noticeable gains a couple of months ago.

I’m going to have a closer look at my temples to see what’s going on there, considering the regrowth I had previously.

Renegade000

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought there were very good reasons as to why is would not give androgenic sides? What were those reasons, and what’s going on with people reporting sides now?!

Bklyn_23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You ask him to explain what pattern loss he has then you do not reciprocate. Hmmm

I’m a diffuse thinner with retrograde alopecia who also has recession on both the temples as well as the entire frontal hairline. I’ve been applying the Trinov on the frontal hairline and temple/sideburn area.

Goodsend

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

A bit more than 4 months
I have a receding hairline on my temples (NW2)
I started shedding around the 2 months mark and kept going on until now. I lost half a Norwood on my temples because of the shed. It's really bad.

And the worst thing is that a lot of people seem to experience the same thing and this make me believe this lotion is bad for hair. It's not just a few of us who is experiencing the shed. m

Rudi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I used it for two months. Just a minor shed over two weeks. But for me it was just an add on. I have used Duta for years and started with microneedling due to the good results here on HairLossTalk.com. As I can't use minoxidil due to sides, I thought to use Trinov to assist my microneedling due to vasilidator action. But decided to stop due to negative feedback. It wasn't doing anything for me anyhow. I am waiting now for the Korean topical to hit the market.

The latest ad from Fidia is the straw that breaks the camel's neck. It was posted on the Italian forum.

Last edited:

Paulito

My Regimen
Reaction score
I used it for two months. Just a minor shed over two weeks. But for me it was just an add on. I have used Duta for years and started with microneedling due to the good results here on HairLossTalk.com. As I can't use minoxidil due to sides, I thought to use Trinov to assist my microneedling due to vasilidator action. But decided to stop due to negative feedback. It wasn't doing anything for me anyhow. I am waiting now for the Korean topical to hit the market.

The latest ad from Fidia is the straw that breaks the camel's neck. It was posted on the Italian forum.
What Korean topical are we talking about here?

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What Korean topical are we talking about here?

NGF-574H from Celino (Medipost). I really hope it works, it will be commercialized this year as a cosmeceutical. Please Koreans save us