Brotzu Lotion (trinov) Progress Pictures And Diary

Renegade000

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I used it for two months. Just a minor shed over two weeks. But for me it was just an add on. I have used Duta for years and started with microneedling due to the good results here on HairLossTalk.com. As I can't use minoxidil due to sides, I thought to use Trinov to assist my microneedling due to vasilidator action. But decided to stop due to negative feedback. It wasn't doing anything for me anyhow. I am waiting now for the Korean topical to hit the market.

The latest ad from Fidia is the straw that breaks the camel's neck. It was posted on the Italian forum.

What was the ad?

Pancreata

My Regimen
Reaction score

I am also experiencing massive shedding. I cannot wait to see if this is going to eventually become new hair growth. I completely agree with initiating a class action complaint against Fidia. I have not doubt they suppressed all the sides and shedding in their studies, If it is happening to so many here on the forum it undoubtedly happened in their crappy study they published in a third tier journal.

We will need some support from Italians on this board who can advocate and initiate the process domestically. I am all for it right now.

Any Italians on here willing to initiate this process?

Rudi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s another cosmetic. Don’t get your hopes too high.

It is a so called functional cosmetic under the Korean regulatory regime. It has to prove efficacy. My understanding is that it is a hybrid topical...half cosmetic, half medical. But it can be sold as a cosmetic in Korea. Perhaps that's why it is released first to hospitals for general public use as reported. I see the problem that eg EU regulations may sort of make it difficult to order it. In that case I see myself flying with Korean Air to OZ and NZ next summer.

MrJolly16

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi again! Why don´t you all post your photos so we can see your great/poor results with the Brotion?

I´m kind of scared because I don´t know if one of my temples is getting worse or what.

I don´t know, but it worries me that by now no one (anywhere) has shown good results.

Come on guys, please share. I´ll try to do it more often, but I´ve posted more than enough photos and you are free to analyse them or whatever CSI technique you want to use with them (unless you are a Chinese dude and steal them for your crappy videos).

Thanks!

nrac

My Regimen
Reaction score
I find it a bit strange that when anyone asks questions like "is this shampoo making me go bald" or "is my hair gel causing this shed", people on these forums always reply that no - it's genetic.

But apparently, you guys think Fidia has found one of the few topicals which actually enforces baldness? And then they faked a study to prove that it (kinda) works and released it even though it apparently has strictly negative effects...

This sounds very unlikely to me. I believe the shedding you guys are experiencing has to be either: 1) Trinov is not doing anything for you, you're just continuing balding like before and have become super sensitive to your shedding, or 2) It is working, and the shed is a sign of upcoming regrowth.

Personally I fear that this lotion might be too weak to help anyone who is balding progressively, which might explain their absurd choice of only elderly participants in their study - knowing that it's too weak to save the younger guys who are balding more aggressively, they picked older people whose balding has stabilized, whom they expected would either maintain or get a slight improvement.

Goodsend

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I find it a bit strange that when anyone asks questions like "is this shampoo making me go bald" or "is my hair gel causing this shed", people on these forums always reply that no - it's genetic.

But apparently, you guys think Fidia has found one of the few topicals which actually enforces baldness? And then they faked a study to prove that it (kinda) works and released it even though it apparently has strictly negative effects...

This sounds very unlikely to me. I believe the shedding you guys are experiencing has to be either: 1) Trinov is not doing anything for you, you're just continuing balding like before and have become super sensitive to your shedding, or 2) It is working, and the shed is a sign of upcoming regrowth.

Personally I fear that this lotion might be too weak to help anyone who is balding progressively, which might explain their absurd choice of only elderly participants in their study - knowing that it's too weak to save the younger guys who are balding more aggressively, they picked older people whose balding has stabilized, whom they expected would either maintain or get a slight improvement.
The thing is that they never mentioned the "shedding" in their study but it looks like 90% of us (both here and in other forums in whatever language you search) are experiencing the shedding and it's kinda bad and long lasting....not just a couple of weeks. Mine is going on for 2 months with no sign of stopping.

My temple area was stabilized before starting Trinov and now I lost so much ground it's crazy. I look like sh*t. If they mentioned the heavy shedding I'd have never bought it.

CapiLarry

Reaction score
Following what Mr. @nrac wrote -- the sample sizes that Dr. Brotzu used were too small to be statistically significant (n>9, being the minimum) I don't recall even the patent going into sample sizes - it just described the mechanism of action and method of production. Fidia employed a 3rd party company to undergo testing. The testing was done at the minimal level necessary to satisfy regulatory bodies for product release. I don't think that neither Fidia nor Brotzu chose the subjects. It's not ideal or even well done but it did allow them to release it and us to try it.

In essence, we're the guinea pigs. We're a far larger data set. Albeit our data will be qualitative. Some people are responding positively and some are not. I understand that some people are stressed and anxious but let's let this play out over a reasonable time. There are similar responses (and non-responses) to other treatments as well. Give it at least another few months before laying siege to Fidia offices and carpet bombing the whole of italy.

Fidia are not good at this. Their commercials are ridiculous -- they clearly hired a PR firm who are going through the hairloss cliche back catalogue. The commercial has a guy with otter-like hair spraying his lion's mane as if he were scenting with cologne -- it's absurd. Then again Fidia has never had to market a product publicly (don't they make post-op creams?). This whole saga has been farcical but here we are with something to try that we didn't have before. I do hope that everyone gets a reasonable treatment soon, but in the meantime let's not dissuade anyone from putting their hats in the ring.

You will not get anything from Fidia for writing them and threatening them. They will think we're all nuts and they will have a strong case.

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For those quiting after 2-5 months: while I understand the frustration and can’t tell you what to do, please know that no hairloss treatment, whether finasteride, dutasteride, or Min, provides benefits that fast. In fact; it’s normally the opposite in months 2-5 because the hair cycle resets.

If your balding, you probably have miniaturizing hairs providing some coverage to the hairline or vertex. These areas will get ravaged from a drug induced shed because there isn’t a lot of hair there to begin with.

I’m not saying this treatment is beneficial. However, no treatment is going to work for you if you stop after 2-5 months. Hell, I would even argue 11 months.

Goodsend

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For those quiting after 2-5 months: while I understand the frustration and can’t tell you what to do, please know that no hairloss treatment, whether finasteride, dutasteride, or Min, provides benefits that fast. In fact; it’s normally the opposite in months 2-5 because the hair cycle resets.

If your balding, you probably have miniaturizing hairs providing some coverage to the hairline or vertex. These areas will get ravaged from a drug induced shed because there isn’t a lot of hair there to begin with.

I’m not saying this treatment is beneficial. However, no treatment is going to work for you if you stop after 2-5 months. Hell, I would even argue 11 months.
Oral finasteride+minoxidil gave me amazing results at the 5 months mark. Had to stop because the finasteride was giving me crazy bad side effects but it definitely worked and I had way more hair than when I started.
With Trinov I have way less hair.

Honestly a side free finasteride would be the cure for all of us with a NW2

Bklyn_23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As Goodsend said, I’m not upset that it doesn’t work (well, of course I am, but only proportionately), what I’m upset about is the SIGNIFICANT shedding I’ve experienced which was never mentioned anywhere in the patent, study, or interviews with Brotzu or Fidia. My hairline and temples now are even more decimated than they already were, to the point where even with massive amounts of Toppik spray and fiber it’s incredibly stringy and wispy.

Had I known of the possibility of a shed, I may have still tried the product eventually, but I wouldn’t have been an early adopter - a “guinea pig”, as someone said. I’d have waited to see if other had good results first. This has really worsened an already bad situation, and I just hope to God that the shedding will be replaced by new growth at some point.

Paulito

My Regimen
Reaction score

I had miraculous results with minoxidil after just 2 months btw. But generally speaking I agree with you.

Btw after stopping trinov I wasn't using using anything expect microneedling and keto shampoo for about a week. And a mega shed just arrived yesterday and got even worse today. I jumped back on minoxidil hoping I can salvage something. Whether this is simply due to replacing minoxidil with Trinov ~3 months ago or due to stopping Trinov now, I cannot tell.

Last edited:

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had miraculous results with minoxidil after just 2 months btw. But generally speaking I agree with you.

Btw after stopping trinov I wasn't using using anything expect microneedling and keto shampoo for about a week. And a mega shed just arrived yesterday and got even worse today. I jumped back on minoxidil hoping I can salvege something. Whether this is simply due to replacing minoxidil with Trinov ~3 months ago or due to stopping Trinov now, I cannot tell.
You can never stop minoxidil once you start. Its a chemical wig which will disappear as soon as you stop.

MrJolly16

Experienced Member
Reaction score
We still need these photos guys...

uNqwV1Q.jpg

cO7MYFj.jpg

9OGIcZE.jpg

0VUTc6D.jpg

0rCeWPE.jpg

qt8c7lT.jpg