Bro's, You've Got To Try This Non-expensive Conditioner If You're Looking For Some Volume

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm feeling morally obligated to give a quick endorsement for the conditioner I use, as I've just proven to myself how amazing it is:

https://www.amazon.com/OGX-Conditioner-Thick-Biotin-Collagen/dp/B00ADR6M2U

I have naturally fine hair, even where it's not thinning. So I'd been using the OGX conditioner for a couple months, and I was feeling quite satisfied with the volume I was getting, but I wanted to try paul mitchell's lemon sage thickening conditioner, even though it's fairly expensive(like $15 for a little 10 ounce bottle), as I'd been hearing how people were getting great thickness from it. I figured with how much it cost, and the reviews it was getting, there must be something to it. I used it for about a week, and my hair completely lost the full appearance and feel it had gained from the OGX conditioner...I switched back to the OGX last night...and wow, after just one use my hair is back to looking and feeling thick and full as F*CK. The difference in how it feels when I run my hand through it and how it looks in the mirror is astounding.

This is all from the conditioner, I don't even use their shampoo, as the only shampoo I use besides nizoral is baby shampoo. It's not expensive at all. At walmart it's like $5-6 for a 13 ounce bottle, and about $10 for a 25 ounce bottle. I'll likely be sticking to this stuff indefinitely.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ah, but will they ship to Europe?

Massive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm feeling morally obligated to give a quick endorsement for the conditioner I use, as I've just proven to myself how amazing it is:

I have naturally fine hair, even where it's not thinning. So I'd been using the OGX conditioner for a couple months, and I was feeling quite satisfied with the volume I was getting, but I wanted to try paul mitchell's lemon sage thickening conditioner, even though it's fairly expensive(like $15 for a little 10 ounce bottle), as I'd been hearing how people were getting great thickness from it. I figured with how much it cost, and the reviews it was getting, there must be something to it. I used it for about a week, and my hair completely lost the full appearance and feel it had gained from the OGX conditioner...I switched back to the OGX last night...and wow, after just one use my hair is back to looking and feeling thick and full as F*CK. The difference in how it feels when I run my hand through it and how it looks in the mirror is astounding.

This is all from the conditioner, I don't even use their shampoo, as the only shampoo I use besides nizoral is baby shampoo. It's not expensive at all. At walmart it's like $5-6 for a 13 ounce bottle, and about $10 for a 25 ounce bottle. I'll likely be sticking to this stuff indefinitely.

I very much appreciate your input. For a quite a while I've been looking for a shampoo/conditioner gem that could do some real volumizing.
At the moment I have Jason's thin to thick conditioner and it's okay I guess, I rarely use it anymore.

I have a question, how often do you that conditioner and do you think it could be suitable for everyday use ?
I apply Toppik every day in the morning (have to use quite a lot to cover) and wash it out in the evening with a mild baby shampoo. About once or twoce a week I replace the baby shampoo with 2% nizoral.
I think nizoral doea give me some volume boost for the following day and baby shampoo cancels out nizoral's volume effect.

How exactley could I fit in a volumizing conditioner into my regime ? Can I replace the baby shampoo for every day use for the conditioner or just use it afterwards?

Idk how much truth there is to this, but I recall people saying that if you're balding don't use a conditioner, and if you do use a conditioner don't rub it on scalp, just apply on top. I'm if there's any truth to this.

Thanks a lot ! I wish more people would share their 'gems' of a product.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I very much appreciate your input. For a quite a while I've been looking for a shampoo/conditioner gem that could do some real volumizing.
At the moment I have Jason's thin to thick conditioner and it's okay I guess, I rarely use it anymore.

I have a question, how often do you that conditioner and do you think it could be suitable for everyday use ?
I apply Toppik every day in the morning (have to use quite a lot to cover) and wash it out in the evening with a mild baby shampoo. About once or twoce a week I replace the baby shampoo with 2% nizoral.
I think nizoral doea give me some volume boost for the following day and baby shampoo cancels out nizoral's volume effect.

How exactley could I fit in a volumizing conditioner into my regime ? Can I replace the baby shampoo for every day use for the conditioner or just use it afterwards?

Idk how much truth there is to this, but I recall people saying that if you're balding don't use a conditioner, and if you do use a conditioner don't rub it on scalp, just apply on top. I'm if there's any truth to this.

Thanks a lot ! I wish more people would share their 'gems' of a product.

I both shampoo and condition every day. I just leave the conditioner in for 3-4 minutes after I rinse the shampoo out.

I have read that massaging conditioner into the scalp can clog follicles, so I just make sure it's sitting in my hair.

INT

Reaction score
It has sillicones in it so I would not recommend this to anyone that does not use a harsh shampoo. To everyone that uses a harsh shampoo I recommend to not use a harsh shampoo.

Janekoman12

Established Member
Reaction score
Used it 1 year ago Did not do anything for My hair you need to finde a schampo for your own hair

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score

Today was my first application of this conditioner after reading your review and all the rants and raves on Amazon.
TBH I think Dercos hair mask is better but maybe one has to insist?

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Today was my first application of this conditioner after reading your review and all the rants and raves on Amazon.
TBH I think Dercos hair mask is better but maybe one has to insist?
I'd recommend giving it at least a week, 2 max if you aren't noticing any difference. I think about a week 1x day use is when I really noticed a huge difference in my hair's vibrancy and fullness.

Funny, we have the same conditionner Kj! :)
I am not completely satisfied with it though...

My hair is fine and blonde. I know some products work better on different types of hair...? Maybe that has something to do with it.

This is the only product I've every used that seems to make a drastic difference in the overall fullness of my hair's appearance

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Pasbrillantebrunette thinking about upping my eyelash regimen by applying the conditioner to my lashes in the shower for the same duration it's sitting in my hair, what you think? :D