Brief Question About Minoxidil/rogaine

Alpha Tortoise

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, a brief question:
If I were too theoretically use Minoxidil safely and regularly for 15 years, would I maintain/keep my hair? Or would it only go so far as to slow down the process.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Very very very unlikely you will maintain your hair over 15 years. With finasteride that is a possibility, but still unlikely. Minoxidil works wonders for a minority, and is useless for most. You'd have to give it a try and see, but wouldn't rely on it as your first line of defense against hair loss.

Alpha Tortoise

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Alright, I see your point
But even if I were too theoretically be apart of that "minority" and take it regularly and safely with results, would my hair be kept/maintained for atleast 10 years?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Probably not, unless you take finasteride and minoxidil orally. I am almost 3 weeks into oral minoxidil and i have the beginnings of what looks like regrowth.. i could be wrong but the hair growing definitely feels thicker than what it was before

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Alright, I see your point
But even if I were too theoretically be apart of that "minority" and take it regularly and safely with results, would my hair be kept/maintained for atleast 10 years?

I think it depends in part on something that is almost never discussed here but is very important: your rate of balding. Very aggressive, quick balding, probably not. But with a slow rate of balding, maybe. It seems to maintain for a long time for older guys with a slow rate of balding.