Brain Fog/haze With Finasteride After Being Off Medication For 2 Weeks +

Anand0001

My Regimen
Reaction score
*UPDATE*
I've been off finasteride for 7 weeks now.
My brain fog is still there, but has improved a lot. Tbh, my progress has been non-linear. It gets better sometimes (when I start believing that it was nocebo) and then the brain fog and anxiety resurfaces. But, it's gradually getting better than it was one week after stopping finasteride.
When it gets worse, It gets difficult to function normally, I feel out of balance, and I usually take the frustation out on people around me.
I really believe it is cruel to say all side-effects is in your head, it shifts the blame to the person who is suffering so badly.
I don't have any other side-effects.
It has been a long time and I am getting very impatient. I am wondering if I will ever be 100% recoverd and have the previous mental sharpness and quality of life.
Do people who claim they recover actually feel 100% recovered, the way they were pre-finasteride?

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
*UPDATE*
I've been off finasteride for 7 weeks now.
My brain fog is still there, but has improved a lot. Tbh, my progress has been non-linear. It gets better sometimes (when I start believing that it was nocebo) and then the brain fog and anxiety resurfaces. But, it's gradually getting better than it was one week after stopping finasteride.
When it gets worse, It gets difficult to function normally, I feel out of balance, and I usually take the frustation out on people around me.
I really believe it is cruel to say all side-effects is in your head, it shifts the blame to the person who is suffering so badly.
I don't have any other side-effects.
It has been a long time and I am getting very impatient. I am wondering if I will ever be 100% recoverd and have the previous mental sharpness and quality of life.
Do people who claim they recover actually feel 100% recovered, the way they were pre-finasteride?
Have you considered any dopamine agonist drug/supplement?
It helps alot.
For brain fog /motivation i would say go to your md and ask him about picamilon.
There are also allopregnolone supps.
You can def recover from that.
Time is your best ally, but you can help yourself.

Anand0001

My Regimen
Reaction score
You can't get picamilon in my country.
Plus, I don't want to take any supplements now because I think I am recovering well. It's just that it is sooo gradual that I am losing my patience.
I start wondering from time to time if I will ever have the same mental sharpness I had before.

I just want to know if people who claim that they have recovered, go back to there normal 100%, or their recovery is just up to a point where they get habitual and move on with their lives?

Anand0001

My Regimen
Reaction score
*UPDATE*

-My side-effects subsided a 100% and it took more than 3 months.
-The progress was very non-linear, symptoms used to get a lot worse before getting a lot better.
-I believe the nocebo effect theory is bollocks. Nocebo may cause ED, Low sex drive, headaches, anxiety etc.. But loss of cognitive abilities can't be an outcome of nocebo.
-Updating just so that anyone dealing with side-effects can read and find hope.
-I have nothing against the drug, I envy people who use it and get amazing positive results and no negative ones.
-I am never going to use finasteride again ofc.

Thanks to everyone on this forum who supported in my darkest time.

Anand0001

My Regimen
Reaction score
I never had any major issues with libido or erections. Just the brain fog and anxiety.

It's okay brother, hang in there, it will get better with time.