BOOM! Huge news: Stemson on track to bless us with the holy grail soon!

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
A lawsuit, which a company of that size can't overcome. And then the requirements from all other governments around the world.
But of course, it would give us results that we actually need. We don't need animal trails, because if they where conclusive, then we would have cured multiple diseases decades ago.

All animal studies shows, is there might be a chance for it too work.
I know that USA/Canada/Europe has very strong regulations. It is much better that way, then going in third world countries and get fake treatments and put yourself on high risk to get some serious side effects.

Yes, I know it is stupid question, but what stop them to try their technology in very little secret trial on couple of bald persons and see how it works on humans? Then they will have strong evidence to move on.

For example, Dr. Alexey Terskikh and Dr. Kevin D’Amour have advanced Androgenetic Alopecia. They can try Stemson technology on themselves and see how it works. Why should we trust bald CEOs?:D

Reactions: dsd

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The worst ones have gotten better/less common as the TV commercial hair mills have lost market share.

But the best work hasn't improved much. In 2003 they were doing high-quality strip megasessions. FUE work was gaining popularity.
Hair transplants advanced a lot last decade. That’s why they became so common today, because they give natural looking aesthetic.

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I wonder how androgen-insensitive those hairs are? A little or a lot?
I am not sure about Stemson whole approach in details. I know that they are working with iPSCs and don’t take follicles from your backside, but OrganTech approach take hair follicles from your backside and multiply them up to 100 times, so on paper OrganTech approach should give you DHT resistant hair follicles, but who knows? Only clinical trials will give us clear picture how treatments works on humans.

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know that USA/Canada/Europe has very strong regulations. It is much better that way, then going in third world countries and get fake treatments and put yourself on high risk to get some serious side effects.

Yes, I know it is stupid question, but what stop them to try their technology in very little secret trial on couple of bald persons and see how it works on humans? Then they will have strong evidence to move on.

For example, Dr. Alexey Terskikh and Dr. Kevin D’Amour have advanced Androgenetic Alopecia. They can try Stemson technology on themselves and see how it works. Why should we trust bald CEOs?:D
Because you don't know the long term side effects.

Something might show it would be working great at first, and then it starts to develop cancer or other aggressive mutations. It's better to be alive than dead.

And mutations is one of the hurdles with regenerative medicine.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair transplants advanced a lot last decade. That’s why they became so common today, because they give natural looking aesthetic.

They were common 20 years ago too.

The average transplant looks better today because the internet helps people avoid the worst clinics. But the results from the top clinics have not improved much.

FUE allows a little bit more donor hair to be pulled. Not a whole lot more. It's a legit advancement though. It makes the scalp scarring less obvious and the surgery recovery easier.

FUE was available in 2003. It was less common at the time but it dates back to the 1990s.

Last edited:

MrJolly26

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So, does this mean that the product/technique will be available in 2026?

Need to watch the video then.

Altough it doesn´t seem like old Brotzu´s lotion, we´ll see if this is the real deal or what.

PS. Is that a pill, lotion or surgery?

Thanks!

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So, does this mean that the product/technique will be available in 2026?

Need to watch the video then.

Altough it doesn´t seem like old Brotzu´s lotion, we´ll see if this is the real deal or what.

PS. Is that a pill, lotion or surgery?

Thanks!

It means if the stars align, the clinical trails will start in 2026, and then time will tell how it goes after a year or so, and then they analyze the data and should be showing how the results are, so maybe in 2028 we know how phase 1 went.

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It means if the stars align, the clinical trails will start in 2026, and then time will tell how it goes after a year or so, and then they analyze the data and should be showing how the results are, so maybe in 2028 we know how phase 1 went.
which means this won't hit the market until after 2030. My scalp can't wait that long. In the meantime, I'm using the enzyme booster from Daniel Alain, and Rogaine. 8 weeks. Maintaining, no further loss.

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
which means this won't hit the market until after 2030. My scalp can't wait that long. In the meantime, I'm using the enzyme booster from Daniel Alain, and Rogaine. 8 weeks. Maintaining, no further loss.
I would think we are closer to 2040, than 2030.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would think we are closer to 2040, than 2030.
Why would it take them 14 years to run two clinical trials?

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why would it take them 14 years to run two clinical trials?
Well show me a treatment like that, which keeps all the deadlines. Especially the clinical trials that runs like they expected them to do.

How long did it take Stemson to come to this point, from idea to be done with the animal study?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well show me a treatment like that, which keeps all the deadlines. Especially the clinical trials that runs like they expected them to do.

How long did it take Stemson to come to this point, from idea to be done with the animal study?
FIH December 2021. Already on the market

https://www.keio.ac.jp/en/keio-times/features/2022/4/

The average time from IND to market is about 7 years, and that is for drugs with 3 clinical trials. This should be faster obviously.

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
FIH December 2021. Already on the market

https://www.keio.ac.jp/en/keio-times/features/2022/4/

The average time from IND to market is about 7 years, and that is for drugs with 3 clinical trials. This should be faster obviously.

How should it be faster?

Have you read the article you gave a link to? they started in year 2000, in year 2012 they started on animals, the first HUMAN trials was in the end of 2021.

After more than two decades, they haven't even been close to commercializing their treatment. So how can it take 7 years for regenerative medicine, when even according to your reference we are still decades deep into research and clinical trials?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
How should it be faster?

Have you read the article you gave a link to? they started in year 2000, in year 2012 they started on animals, the first HUMAN trials was in the end of 2021.

After more than two decades, they haven't even been close to commercializing their treatment. So how can it take 7 years for regenerative medicine, when even according to your reference we are still decades deep into research and clinical trials?
Have you watched the above presentation? Stemson is starting in humans in 2026. Tsuji is starting in humans in 2024. According to my reference it took just a couple years to get a stem cell treatment to market. In the US Stemson is only required to do two clinical trials. That alone speeds it up tremendously. Additionally, for this treatment they will not have difficulty recruiting patients, nor will they need a large number of patients to show significance. You are doing a lot of conflating to fit your pessimistic outlook.

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you watched the above presentation? Stemson is starting in humans in 2026. Tsuji is starting in humans in 2024. According to my reference it took just a couple years to get a stem cell treatment to market. In the US Stemson is only required to do two clinical trials. That alone speeds it up tremendously. Additionally, for this treatment they will not have difficulty recruiting patients, nor will they need a large number of patients to show significance. You are doing a lot of conflating to fit your pessimistic outlook.
We have to see it happen. There is no smooth sailing with clinical trials.

And Tsuji have been underway for many years also. So he is way beyond his 7 years also.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
We have to see it happen. There is no smooth sailing with clinical trials.

And Tsuji have been underway for many years also. So he is way beyond his 7 years also.
7 years is from the start of human trials. You keep conflating things to fit your pessimism. No one likes pessimists, so go away. We all know that anything can happen

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
7 years is from the start of human trials. You keep conflating things to fit your pessimism. No one likes pessimists, so go away. We all know that anything can happen
i'm being a realist.

Replicel have been Human trials. And just now they have finished their dispute with Shiseido, and Replicel also had to change their supply chain after clinical trials, and formula and so on.

It would be beyond optimistic to think that Stemson would have it all done within your 7 year timeframe. Its simply not happening.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Replicel has always been a joke. You don't know anything about this field if you're comparing them to Stemson and Tsuji

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Replicel has always been a joke. You don't know anything about this field if you're comparing them to Stemson and Tsuji
Yes must be lack of knowledge. To compare a company with another who actually done human trials.

What is it tsuji and stemson have done? Thats right only tested on animals. And have been spending years to come to that. And tsuji was set on the back burner for how many years after those animal tests?

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes must be lack of knowledge. To compare a company with another who actually done human trials.

What is it tsuji and stemson have done? Thats right only tested on animals. And have been spending years to come to that. And tsuji was set on the back burner for how many years after those animal tests?
Replicel technology is outdated today.

Dr. Tsuji contribution to hair loss science is 10 times bigger than other ones. Stemson technology is totally new one and there are safety issues behind using iPSCs, so that’s why everything is going slowly.