Booked in for a DHI Global procedure (VIP Clinic in Greece)

kwtaylor83

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

After reading through all these forums for a year or two I am finally booked in for a procedure on the 17th and 18th of October... gulp! It seems impossible to choose a clinic or doctor without finding people online who tell you to avoid them. In the end I have booked with the DHI Global clinic in Greece.

The forums have definitely helped me so at the very least I will keep you all posted with the process. As a start I have attached my (quite badly taken) pictures to give you an idea of where I'm at. I'm 30.

So far... the good:

I contacted DHI Global initially through their website. I was contacted the next day by a Piet Lambrecht from the Greece clinic, who according to his email signature and LinkedIn profile has been the director of the Greece clinic for 8 1/2 years. Piet has been very responsive with me so far, responding pretty quickly to questions and queries, I can't really fault him on that.

And the not so good:

I have not been able to get the name of the doctor who will be performing the procedure. This obviously makes me anxious given that the result is largely dependant on the doctor's skill. I told Piet that this concerned me and his reply is below:

"Please kindly note that we have 25 medical teams now, but in the VIP clinic I work only with master surgeons (min 5-6 yrs of experience and doing approx. 20-25 Mega sessions per month). We have a lot of missions (sic) and it is difficult to put the name of the doctor already. Although it is a guarantee from me that you will be in the best possible hands."

I was also surprised that I was not asked for more detailed pics of my donor area from the outset. I sent these anyway and was then told that its not a great donor area, but Piet is confident that they will be able to get a good, even density in the front, top and crown area with the donor area that I have.

Not much to do now but wait, I'll probably log in just before I head to Greece in 3 weeks. By then I should know who the doctor will be. I'm trying to stay away from the forums in the mean time given that I have made up my mind now! But I will def be back with feedback and pics.

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 260
  • image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 325
  • image003.jpg
    image003.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 296
  • image004.jpg
    image004.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 309
  • image005.jpg
    image005.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 278
  • image006.jpg
    image006.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 293

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
um...you're absolutely right to be worried about not knowing who's doing your hair transplant. Something smells fishy here...I wouldn't go ahead with the surgery until you've been given the surgeon's name and you've found out how good he or she is..

kwtaylor83

Reaction score
Just under a week to go now, I fly to Greece next Wednesday. The doctor performing my procedure will be Dr. Ilias Evangelatos, I am booked into the clinic for two days (next Thursday and Friday). I will hopefully get some more photos up before then as my previous before shots were not so clear. Not sure yet if I'm going to take my laptop with me, but if I do I'll be able to update this thread about DHI and Dr Evangelatos while I am there.

kwtaylor83

Reaction score
Post procedure

Its been over a week now since my procedure at DHI in Greece, and I've attached some photos taken by Piet at the clinic. It will be a few months I guess until I know the results, so will certainly upload further photos in the near future, and when I have a bit more time I'll write up a run down of my experience of the procedure and the clinic. In the interim though, I was very happy with the service I received. Everything seems to have gone great, I had 6600 hairs transplanted. Obviously though its all about the final result! So I'll hold off on my recommendation of the DHI clinic in Greece until I can attach some photos in a few months.
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg

kwtaylor83

Reaction score
Sorry haven't replied in ages, but long story short I couldn't be happier with DHI, Dr. Ilias Evangelatos, or Piet Lambrecht (as well as the nurses). The results are great, and I've attached some photos here. I'll probably need to go back at some point once the remaining hair I had starts to thin, and when I do and wouldn't have it done anywhere else or by another hair surgeon. Photos taken just now attached.20140620_235515.jpg20140620_235528.jpg20140620_235540.jpg20140620_235554.jpg20140620_235604.jpg20140621_000519.jpg

Billy_Elvis

Reaction score
greece

Great results. Any better photos of the crown? How much did it cost? Was your donor density good? (individual hairs per follicle). Is the hair line natural looking? Fut or fue?

Thanks,

Billy Pressley

Sorry haven't replied in ages, but long story short I couldn't be happier with DHI, Dr. Ilias Evangelatos, or Piet Lambrecht (as well as the nurses). The results are great, and I've attached some photos here. I'll probably need to go back at some point once the remaining hair I had starts to thin, and when I do and wouldn't have it done anywhere else or by another hair surgeon. Photos taken just now attached.

]

Last edited:

Bek8

Reaction score
Hi,

Can you please share your impression on DHI clinics in Greece and the result that you have now.

I am in contact with Piet Lambrecht now and thinking about hair tranplantation (norwood 5), however not sure whether DHi is good option.
Also whether they did manual extraction or machine?

Thank you.

Sorry haven't replied in ages, but long story short I couldn't be happier with DHI, Dr. Ilias Evangelatos, or Piet Lambrecht (as well as the nurses). The results are great, and I've attached some photos here. I'll probably need to go back at some point once the remaining hair I had starts to thin, and when I do and wouldn't have it done anywhere else or by another hair surgeon. Photos taken just now attached.View attachment 26310View attachment 26311View attachment 26312View attachment 26314View attachment 26316View attachment 26317