Bone Loss & Less Defined Jaw/cheekbones On finasteride?

aletheia225

My Regimen
Reaction score
Perhaps it's the case with the OP. If you're referring to me, I am positive that's not the case. I've tracked it from the very start of quitting finasteride. 100% certain I had a severely depleted skeleton and that it's regenerated significantly since quitting.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
For certain (rare) unlucky individuals, finasteride disintegrates the skeleton

uUjcUVZ.gif

aletheia225

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's a dramatic (though nonetheless appropriate) way of saying that it can cause severe bone loss. I don't particularly care to argue with you, believe what you will. If you're taking finasteride and experiencing no sides, good deal - that's the case for an overwhelming majority of users. No need to worry and enjoy the benefits.

Last edited:

aletheia225

My Regimen
Reaction score
Perhaps that's the case with the OP. Not with me. I did have quite a bit of water retention and fat gain and have since lost a lot of it, but it hasn't deceived me into thinking my bones have grown, making them appear more prominent, bigger, etc. b/c they're not covered by as much, or anything like that. Gun to my head, my bones have grown for a year and counting in response to quitting the drug, which shrunk them.

myhairsuckswtf

My Regimen
Reaction score
Perhaps that's the case with the OP. Not with me. I did have quite a bit of water retention and fat gain and have since lost a lot of it, but it hasn't deceived me into thinking my bones have grown, making them appear more prominent, bigger, etc. b/c they're not covered by as much, or anything like that. Gun to my head, my bones have grown for a year and counting in response to quitting the drug, which shrunk them.

Did you do anything in particular for your bones to grow again? I've actually lost 10 pounds a few weeks after stopping finasteride but my jaw is still less visible than when I was like ~45 pounds heavier a year ago. Anyone else lose a lot of weight after quitting finasteride? I didn't go to the gym and IMHO ate the same / more than before... I hope it's all in my head :/

g.i joey

Reaction score
Did you do anything in particular for your bones to grow again? I've actually lost 10 pounds a few weeks after stopping finasteride but my jaw is still less visible than when I was like ~45 pounds heavier a year ago. Anyone else lose a lot of weight after quitting finasteride? I didn't go to the gym and IMHO ate the same / more than before... I hope it's all in my head :/

You definitely lose a couple pounds after quitting finasteride. The estrogen is retaining some water and fat while on it. Every time I've come off I've lost weight

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
There could be side effects. It is quite possible. Some people take mega high dosages of Finasteride (five milligrams), and report having erection problems.

It's probably one in twenty for PFS. Do think that most people are alright with one milligram.

The problem is lots of people score five milligrams in quarters, which is somewhat higher.

Also, I think men going through puberty should NOT take Finasteride. Think it's OK to take it
in the twenties, but teenage years, I really think guys should hold off.

aletheia225

My Regimen
Reaction score

Possibly eating a lot and lifting weights has helped. But perhaps not and regardless, the (overwhelmingly) primary reason for my bone improvement has been my quitting the drug. They began to regrow immediately.

ahmed wolf

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Possibly eating a lot and lifting weights has helped. But perhaps not and regardless, the (overwhelmingly) primary reason for my bone improvement has been my quitting the drug. They began to regrow immediately.
are u sure ur not a troll ?

aletheia225

My Regimen
Reaction score
are u sure ur not a troll ?

Yeah fuckhead, I am.

Again, this is not reason for anyone who hasn't had a bad experience with the drug to worry. Overwhelmingly likely that you will continue to not experience issues. Don't worry and enjoy the benefits.

g.i joey

Reaction score
Significant suppression of circulating dihydrotestosterone levels with the administration of dutasteride or finasteride did not significantly affect bone mineral density or markers of bone metabolism. Similarly serum lipoproteins and hemoglobin were unaffected. Serum prostate specific antigen and self-assessed sexual function decreased slightly during treatment with both 5α-reductase inhibitors but returned to baseline during followup.

Conclusions
Profound suppression of circulating serum dihydrotestosterone induced by 5α-reductase inhibitors during 1 year does not adversely impact bone, serum lipoproteins or hemoglobin, and has a minimal, reversible effect on serum prostate specific antigen and sexual function in normal men. Circulating dihydrotestosterone does not appear to have a clinically significant role in modulating bone mass, hematopoiesis or lipid metabolism in normal men.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2684818/

You're nuts bro, how long did you even take this drug lol

aletheia225

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've seen the study. I would perhaps believe it if I hadn't had personal experience that irrefutably contradicts it. The study is flawed or it did not have enough breadth, whatever. I did four stints on the drug. Each stint prior to the most recent resulted in bone reduction, as I came to realize by looking at previous pictures. After this most recent stint, which ended a little over a year ago, my bones were sh*t. Including naps, I've probably slept between 400 and 425 times since quitting. I have been obsessive about doing an inventory of my bones each time after waking up, with at most a few exceptions. On the basis of these inventories the notion that my bone structure was not massively reduced when I quit and has not grown very substantially since quitting is absolutely f*****g ludicrous. I'm not 99.9999 and so on % sure, I am 100% sure. If you don't believe me, fine, I really don't care to argue with you. As I've said multiple times in the thread, such an experience is extremely rare and in overwhelming likelihood nothing to worry over for users of the drug, in particular long term users who have had no side effects.

aletheia225

My Regimen
Reaction score
By way of clarification, when I say 'irrefutably contradicts', all I mean is that my personal experience has shown that it's possible for the drug to cause bone reduction, or whatever you would call it. Not that it causes it in all cases, is liable to cause it, etc. Obviously that's not the case.

ahmed wolf

Experienced Member
Reaction score
By way of clarification, when I say 'irrefutably contradicts', all I mean is that my personal experience has shown that it's possible for the drug to cause bone reduction, or whatever you would call it. Not that it causes it in all cases, is liable to cause it, etc. Obviously that's not the case.
u remind me of a guy took 2 pills of finasteride they made him age faster than normal they made him look like 25 but he is 22
so ya ur in the same boat as him

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
and not had bigger, denser bones somewhere on my body on waking up.

I have been on finasteride for 2+ years, and I wake up with a big dense boner every morning.

aletheia225

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been on finasteride for 2+ years, and I wake up with a big dense boner every morning.

Like I said, the side effects I'm talking about are rare. If you're too dumb/ignorant to realize the significance of sleep for bone growth, okay. But HGH is released during slow wave sleep.