Bone Loss & Less Defined Jaw/cheekbones On finasteride?

ahmed wolf

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Annndddd that's enough HairLossTalk for me today. Guys idk why ur even worried, with these tin foil hats on your head I doubt anyone's gonna see your hair anyways.
ppl claim about bone loss wonder why hiv patients dont have that

ahmed wolf

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm from Canada (Montreal), let me know if you need any general information.
thanx man my sister offered me the same but i can't leave now my parents are old so i cant leave them i also have younger sister still studying in college my older brother is single and u can't really depends on him to take care of the house

aletheia225

My Regimen
Reaction score
fot the f*****g last time there is no such thing called bone loss u looneys get off these forums

Do you realize how idiotic the statement 'there is no such thing as bone loss' is? Ever heard of osteoporosis? And bone loss (or reduction in bone density, thickness, what have you) can be caused by any number of things: malnutrition, thyroid issues, etc. I suppose I can't blame someone who hasn't been through this (and who also fears having to go through it, though in overwhelming, overwhelming likelihood there's nothing to worry about) for being skeptical, but from the POV of someone who has been through it, such statements are risible.

ahmed wolf

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Do you realize how idiotic the statement 'there is no such thing as bone loss' is? Ever heard of osteoporosis? And bone loss (or reduction in bone density, thickness, what have you) can be caused by any number of things: malnutrition, thyroid issues, etc. I suppose I can't blame someone who hasn't been through this (and who also fears having to go through it, though in overwhelming, overwhelming likelihood there's nothing to worry about) for being skeptical, but from the POV of someone who has been through it, such statements are risible.
i saw ppl with thyroid issue no bone loss what so ever other things u mentioned are probably some kinda of sickness i dont know or want to know about but i do know that u cant them from finasteride or hormones cuz if ur stupid theory is right than most of the bodybuilders i know who used tons of sh*t dht hormones should grow elephant bons by now or when they come off the drugs they should look like a tooth pick or a f*****g pencil but no they dont so ur just making things up really and how long have u been on finasteride plz don't tell me u just totched the pill wnd got bone loss

g.i joey

Reaction score
They trialed this drug at 5x more of a dose on men 50+ years of age, whos bones are actually deteriorating as they get older. Don't you think this would cause a serious problems in the trials, or even later on once more and more older men use it?

aletheia225

My Regimen
Reaction score
They trialed this drug at 5x more of a dose on men 50+ years of age, whos bones are actually deteriorating as they get older. Don't you think this would cause a serious problems in the trials, or even later on once more and more older men use it?

65 people took finasteride in that trial. From what I gather, fewer than 1 in 65 men get persistent and serious side effects while on and after quitting the drug. Furthermore, not all of these people experience bone depletion. There's a thread on a website for guys who experience persistent and severe side effects on which bone depletion/facial wasting is documented extensively with pictures. I won't link to it or mention the site, as that may be against this website's policy. But a little googling could get you there and I'd imagine most people know which site I'm talking about anyway.

Again, this is nothing to worry about for the overwhelming majority of finasteride users, in particular those who have used it for a long time with no issues. As with many drugs, there is simply a risk of unwelcome side effects.

Last edited: