Bodybuilding forum slang

Captain Hook

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey brahs,

It was only a matter of time before I noticed some overlap between Bodybuilding forum and HairLossTalk.com forum. I've been ghosting BB forums (mostly the misc) since 2011 but I never bothered making an account, mainly due to the notion that I think it would take up much more of my free time than other forums, the strong trolling community just seems too fun and addicting.

Here's what I've noticed:

Ben afflek.

Ian somerhalder

Enrique englesias

Hair Peice of peace

"of peace" is a common slang phrase on the misc that refers to something being either really bad or really good, originating from the phrase "Islam, the religion of peace" being said sarcastically.

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/showthread.php/94476-Groganics-DHT-blocker-system-for-hairline

OP's username "Swolemanlet", manlet is a term on the misc that refers to someone shorter than 178 cm/5'10"

Are any of you guys miscers? If so, what are some of your favourite slang phrases from the misc?

e.g. "getting yucky with the boys" "no thanks jeff" "cell tech" "frog tech" "Myron Gaines"

Also, those of you who are miscers, do you use these slang terms in real life? My circle of friends and I tend to use them quite a lot.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
The forehead of peace.

Lol I used to read that section now and then in my early 20s, not any more. They do go around trolling a lot and it's a legendary section in its own way. I would say one of my favourite phrases is "slaying bisches." Saw a guy write that he is on dutasteride but still slaying bisches left right and centre.

Another favourite one is mirin hard bro/brah. Can be used sarcastically. Aesthetics and brb im ____ is also funny. As well as _____ crew.

I don't use their terminology in real life. I think if you're American it's different. It would just seem strange to use most of that slag here in the UK. We have our own stuff.

Last edited:

Captain Hook

Established Member
Reaction score
Haha gotta love it eh!

*Androgenetic Alopecia crew*
*HairLossTalk.com crew*
*quest for aesthetic hair crew*
*creatine may be bad for Androgenetic Alopecia but I haven't stopped using it crew*
*2% Nizoral master race crew*

I could go on ;)

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
:laugh: There is a Finasteride crew too. I really like this thread, makes a change from usual :)

Oh another one I just remembered "we're all gonna make it brahs."

Who needs women with such brotherhood?

The gifs they put up back in the day were pretty good too, it was solely a misc thing before.

Captain Hook

Established Member
Reaction score
:laugh: There is a Finasteride crew too. I really like this thread, makes a change from usual :)

Thanks haha I figured it would be nice to lighten the mood. The ambiance is pretty serious around here.

Oh also "feelsgoodman" which was originally a pepe meme but became misc slang

"sloots gonna sloot" "we on TV?" "u mad cos I'm stylin on you?" "but who was phone?" "gjdm" "das it mane"

and how could I forget "rustling jimmies" haha ;)

MI92

Established Member
Reaction score
10.5k Rep power checking in ;) shoot me your username (anyone) and I'll rep y'all

OP is a phaggot

Notsrs ;)

Edit: Went to a UK misc meetup, cool bunch of guys acsually, we still keep in touch and see each other often. We used some misc lingo for the lols. "I am indian and let me tell you...", "we're all gonna make it brah"... etc pretty funny lol

wilson2

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow strong thread,

Yeah I was super active on misc back in 2010-2013. Hairloss sort of deterred me from body building goals so my goals than became hair loss treatment lol.

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Wow strong thread,

Yeah I was super active on misc back in 2010-2013. Hairloss sort of deterred me from body building goals so my goals than became hair loss treatment lol.

Wish you the best brah.
In b4 Norwood 0.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow strong thread,

Wish you the best brah.
In b4 Norwood 0.

Captain Hook

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow strong thread,

Ausbrah/HK brah checking in.

AM/PM: Androgenetic Alopecia treatments

Afternoon: lift heavy and take a multi

Optional: get on dat der melanotan for maximum swarthy aesthetics, thankfully I can skip this step because I'm on that skin type 4 (Mediterranean) time.

Best of luck. We're all gonna make it. Reps till I'm out.

(Reference: http://hawaiiantanfastic.com/site_media/media/servee_images/DST-SkinTypeChart.png)

MI92

Established Member
Reaction score
Remember a few gifs and memes from there haha:

didnt-read.gif

5B3pIpl.gif

62026255.jpg

28847be80fa51f784c440f243193702e.jpg

Edit: Will poverty rep back OP when off spread ;)

Captain Hook

Established Member
Reaction score
"nah bro im sweet"

Fuarking Zyzz, brah.

RIP. He died for our gains.

ITT: we're miscing in HairLossTalk.com

Captain Hook

Established Member
Reaction score
I feel the same about my girlfriend. No girl I've met can hold a candle to her.

Damn, I guess she raised my standards too now. Before I met her, I truly thought: "Yeah, no girl is like that!"

Then I was: "Nah, she must be faking!". And after one year of relationship: "Damn, I guess she's truly like that."

Now I'm scared of developing oneitis :p. I'm sure there are a lot of amazing women out there (Look, Fred said something positive about women!).

It's just that you have to find one who is truly attracted to you on a physical level. If the girl does not go crazy over your looks, the relationship won't work long-term.

We're still animals when it comes to mating. Unfortunately, humans have not evolved (yet?) to be attracted to personality or "confidence".

Fredbrah mentioning another common misc term. I know those oneitis feels. Hold me HairLossTalk.com.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score

Used to browse the Misc section a lot, some of the humour/trolling/GIFs is perfect. Some of the "in" GIFs alone made me laugh out loud. This thread is legendary.

Then hairloss started and I spend most of my time on these forums!

Stay solid, thick and tight. We're all gonna make it brahs.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was planning to take my miracle pill as i have p**rn induced erectile dysfunction. I was feeling pretty down because i had just failed no fap september-"

"Mr Tostee, it's September second...?" The prosecutor smirked.

"i- i know brah, it's not as easy as it sounds." a quiet Fwarrrr echo'd from the third row.

Hahaha. So perfect.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Fredbrah mentioning another common misc term. I know those oneitis feels. Hold me HairLossTalk.com.

It's good you have quoted him for evidence :laugh: This will probably never happen again.

Love this thread. Misc makes you feel a sense of brotherhood. That's what I got from it back in the day. Funny as hell too.

Captain Hook

Established Member
Reaction score
It's good you have quoted him for evidence :laugh: This will probably never happen again.

Love this thread. Misc makes you feel a sense of brotherhood. That's what I got from it back in the day. Funny as hell too.

Haha yeah I had to capture and document it immediately! Repping misc slang on sight.

Agreed, hopefully this thread can recreate some of the misc camaraderie. Strong GIFs so far eh.

macbeth81

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been lurking the Misc since 2002. Originally I went for the Sex and Religion / Politics forums. Was good fun viewing the Sex section with dial-up. They got rid of it years ago, but every now and then you get a nice hnnnnng thread.

My favorite recently is the “No hymen no diamond" tinder thread.

“but I have to let you know if we ever reach the point where we are about to get married my mom will have to check that everything is intact down there is that fine with you?"

I have never used tinder, but makes me want to download it and start trolling.