drgs

Banned
Reaction score
Always noticed that people hanging out at hair loss forums are different

Male pattern baldness = 50% hair loss + 50% mental illness

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I obviously agree with the part about it improving self esteem and encouraging healthy eating (which further improves your mood and mental well being) goes without saying it will make you look better and feel better about yourself and to think otherwise would be every bit as delusional as saying hairloss doesn't matter, but in general I really can't stand that forum or any of the douchey, ultra-vain ocd people you get on there, Fred summed it up very well on the other thread.

They take it to a whole different ultra-extreme and give weight lifting in general a really bad name with all the macho, bullsht talk and boasting on those threads and avatar pic selfies of their gross, disproportionate and deformed looking bodies, one guy just has an avatar pic of his massive bicep and nothing else... I mean it's laughable and anyone totally unfamiliar with the experience of going to a gym, would surely be completely turned off the idea after reading through a few threads with these circus freakshow clowns.

Weight lifting should be a fun activity for letting off some steam when you're not too busy and have the spare time to fit it in, not some lifetime occupation or fulltime lifestyle as these guys make it out to be. A lot of the workout programs over there are stupidly over complicated too... all you need is 5 exercises ffs (bench, squat, deadlift, pull up, dips) not a whole page of useless crap exercises which will make you spend 100hours a week in the gym for very little or no additional gain.

Jkay

Reaction score
Always noticed that people hanging out at hair loss forums are different

Male pattern baldness = 50% hair loss + 50% mental illness

This is very true. I've read posts on hair loss forums where people are thinking about suicide, locking themselves up in a room never going out etc etc etc.

It's very worrying how much people let hair loss affect them and there lives.

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've never seen or read people honestly contemplating suicide just because of hair loss, and if their are it's usually a mix of several other things/reasons. Just a load of rubbish, it's all about self image.
I don't want to look like a cue ball, so I won't accept that. I like having hair, I'm going to explore different avenues to keep my hair longer.

Let's be honest most body builders are extremely critical and self concious of their appearance anyway, they basically act the same as people taking loads of drugs to keep their hair + people who are worried about their hair loss.
Btw most body-builders or these fitness freaks are complete douches, going on those forums is like slitting your wrists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2Diy0RNe_c
Just watch this video, it's hillarious but it also shows how vane body-builders are.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I obviously agree with the part about it improving self esteem and encouraging healthy eating (which further improves your mood and mental well being) goes without saying it will make you look better and feel better about yourself and to think otherwise would be every bit as delusional as saying hairloss doesn't matter, but in general I really can't stand that forum or any of the douchey, ultra-vain ocd people you get on there, Fred summed it up very well on the other thread.

They take it to a whole different ultra-extreme and give weight lifting in general a really bad name with all the macho, bullsht talk and boasting on those threads and avatar pic selfies of their gross, disproportionate and deformed looking bodies, one guy just has an avatar pic of his massive bicep and nothing else... I mean it's laughable and anyone totally unfamiliar with the experience of going to a gym, would surely be completely turned off the idea after reading through a few threads with these circus freakshow clowns.

Weight lifting should be a fun activity for letting off some steam when you're not too busy and have the spare time to fit it in, not some lifetime occupation or fulltime lifestyle as these guys make it out to be. A lot of the workout programs over there are stupidly over complicated too... all you need is 5 exercises ffs (bench, squat, deadlift, pull up, dips) not a whole page of useless crap exercises which will make you spend 100hours a week in the gym for very little or no additional gain.

Seeing them do all that, trying to gain something they we're never born with... THEY'RE the ones who exemplify VANITY, where as balding individuals are being robbed of their hair, something we were born with.

It's too bad all those gym rat jocks dont have an IQ as high as the amount they can bench press.

Reaction score
I dunno. I'm a body builder and I worry about my hair a lot.
There's a lot of other guys in my gym and my boxing gym that worry about hair loss.
Than again I do live in South Florida, we have the most superficial people down here.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
People who get serious into bodybuilding and take extreme measures to get huge definitely tend to have true emotional deficiencies and insecurities. And have bought into our society's obsession of "bigger is better". Many men who are short or balding especially feel bodybuilding is a means to offset their insecurity about their height or hair loss. And of course the ectomorph is always going to want to look more a like a mesomorph or in some case a huge body builder. I do agree wanting to keep your body fat low for health reasons is very important so exercise and staying in shape is definitely a goal we should have to just stay healthy. However, juicing with steroids is just something I really feel is way too extreme and for some way too dangerous. Most people into bodybuilding tend to be perfectionists and narcissistic. Hair loss never goes well with that mix. Of course if your goal is to become an actor or fitness model, I can understand the obsession but still narcissism will tend to be a factor in most cases. Maybe Adam(Peapody) can respond and tell us what drove him to be a fitness model and a bodybuilder. However, in his case he does it naturally so I admire him for that.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
I do agree wanting to keep your body fat low for health reasons is very important so exercise and staying in shape is definitely a goal we should have to just stay healthy.

Thank you. Some people refuse to accept this point. When you tell them "exercise and staying in shape is definitely a goal we should have to just stay healthy" all they are able to hear is: "lift and get big bro".