Body Hair Transplant

brandnew

Established Member
Reaction score
I am just wondering if there is such a real thing. I have done research and seen people agree that it exists then some say it doesn't. I even have e-mails from hair transplant surgeons saying to come into their clinic for a body hair transplant.

Anyone had one if they do exist?

Wylie

Reaction score
You haven't done much research. Do some more.

Wylie

Reaction score
So that's the extent of your "research"?

Wylie

Reaction score
brandnew said:
no douche.. ive been researching hair loss for years...

Then why are you so clueless?

Wylie

Reaction score
dudemon said:
BHT also produces aesthetically "questionable" results because body hair is not the same a head hair. In addition, BHT has been reported to have a low graft survival rate for some guys. Again, that is because body hair doesn't belong on the head.

Actually, most experienced surgeons are using beard hair as the main ingredient of body hair transplants, and beard hair is already on the head. It's just moved upwards from the neck to the head. The transition zone therefore is much smaller, and that is likely why graft survival rates are pretty high for beard hair.

As far as aesthetics, that comes from doctor skill and experience, and is the same in traditional donor as it is in non traditional, i.e., using it where it works best, kinda like the creation of a natural looking hairline versus one that is unnatural, it still comes down to physician skill and experience.

I'd agree with you about Dr. Arvind and Dr. Umar but I would not include Dr. Cole on that list. He is nowhere near as qualified as the other two in the art of body hair transplantation

Hiker

Established Member
Reaction score
My experience is that body hair grows a lot longer on the head, which makes it blend in better with head hair.

Nene

Reaction score
Hiker said:
My experience is that body hair grows a lot longer on the head, which makes it blend in better with head hair.

That doesn't make sense. Body hair is body hair. It's going to grow the same length on the head as it is anywhere else, it's the same exact follicle, it's just been moved.

Wylie

Reaction score
Nene said:
Hiker said:

That doesn't make sense. Body hair is body hair. It's going to grow the same length on the head as it is anywhere else, it's the same exact follicle, it's just been moved.

The hair mimics the growth rates and lengths of the surrounding hair. Besides, beard hair will grow as long as head hair if you dont cut it.

Hiker

Established Member
Reaction score
I can only share what my experience has been, that bht grows longer on top.

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
do you mean that you had a transplant with body hair...you say from your experience...if you have mad body hair transplant why are you taking finasteride? it is not aloud in this case...

s.a.f

Reaction score
Nene said:
Hiker said:

Nene is right. What exactly is your experience? The follicle will only grow the same it cant look around and think "hey I'm amongst longer hairs now better adapt to fit in". It cant change what it is.

If you plant a pear tree in an apple orchard it does'nt start producing apples, if you put a black guy amongst whites he does'nt turn whiter.

Nene

Reaction score
Mini&Micro said:
Nene said:
Hiker said:

The hair mimics the growth rates and lengths of the surrounding hair. Besides, beard hair will grow as long as head hair if you dont cut it.

Well yes, beard hair grows long, but chest hair etc stop at a certain point. Is there a scientific reason why it would mimic the hair around it? If thats the case why doesn't it also turn from curly to straighter like the hair on the head? It just doesn't make sense to me. On another note, I've always been curious as to how a body hair transplant would look if buzzed very short like to a 1. I wouldn't mind buzzing my hair to a 1 forever if I had the outline of a norwood 1.

Hiker

Established Member
Reaction score
My experience is my chest hair grew longer after it was transplanted to the top. And I do use finasteride.

Nene

Reaction score
Hiker, do you have pics? Did you transplant from anywhere else on the body?

Hiker

Established Member
Reaction score
I have pics but I won't post them because I don't know how to block out my face. Even if I posted them you couldn't tell the difference between the head hair and the bht, you'd need a camera with a high power lens to be able to distinguish them.

Nene

Reaction score
Hiker said:
I have pics but I won't post them because I don't know how to block out my face. Even if I posted them you couldn't tell the difference between the head hair and the bht, you'd need a camera with a high power lens to be able to distinguish them.

Well if you feel comfortable enough to send me a pm please do, if not I understand. So you were happy with the BHT?