Body Hair Transplant

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
every windows user has paint program...you can touch the start button from your down left corner of monitor and you'll see...and there you can put your picture and add some black colour on face...and you are ready to post:)

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Nene said:
Hiker said:
My experience is that body hair grows a lot longer on the head, which makes it blend in better with head hair.

That doesn't make sense. Body hair is body hair. It's going to grow the same length on the head as it is anywhere else, it's the same exact follicle, it's just been moved.

Nene is right. What exactly is your experience? The follicle will only grow the same it cant look around and think "hey I'm amongst longer hairs now better adapt to fit in". It cant change what it is.

If you plant a pear tree in an apple orchard it does'nt start producing apples, if you put a black guy amongst whites he does'nt turn whiter.

Actually transplanted hairs do seem to take on the characteristics of the hairs around them. So body hairs grafted into the head grow longer. I believe it was Doctor Woods who first discovered this. The reason isn't known but may be due to some kind of signalling between hairs.

s.a.f

Reaction score
global said:
Actually transplanted hairs do seem to take on the characteristics of the hairs around them. So body hairs grafted into the head grow longer. I believe it was Doctor Woods who first discovered this. The reason isn't known but may be due to some kind of signalling between hairs.

ROFL, yeah alright! Hairs signaling to each other LOL :whistle:
The real baclground of this rumour was from dodgy docs trying to convince punters that it wont look unnatural.
Please post any evidence or actual scientific source to back this up.
Saying its true because so and so said it is not proof.

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
global said:

ROFL, yeah alright! Hairs signaling to each other LOL :whistle:
The real baclground of this rumour was from dodgy docs trying to convince punters that it wont look unnatural.
Please post any evidence or actual scientific source to back this up.
Saying its true because so and so said it is not proof.

just because you haven't heard of it before doesn't mean it's not true.

I'm not going to bother spending my time looking for proof of this for you because I'm not trying to convince you of anything I'm just sharing what I know.

If you are interested you can do search on the subject the same as me, like I said I think it was doctor Woods who discovered this & probably hepublished something on it.

By the way the idea of hairs signalling each other isn't so strange, the skin is one of the most complex organs of the body & it is known that it signals many other organs in the body via complex chemical messenging systems.

Boondock

Reaction score
Personally I would only get BHT for filling in the crown or the vertex, and if you're willing to accept that it may look a bit odd, and/or not grow at all. It's an experimental procedure. I wouldn't do it on the hairline in a million years.

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I agree it's probably useful for adding density on the top & crown, mixed in with head hair it probably wouldn't be noticeable. I have my hair buzzed short now so it wouldn't matter if it didn't grow long.

I'd never have it at the front though.

Wylie

Reaction score
For the record, experienced doctors in BHT (which there are only a handful in the world) would never use beard hair at the hairline. There are plenty of sources (nape, leg, chest, etc..) which could be utilized for the hairline.

And, yes, when you move hair to the head from other parts of the body it mimics the growth rates of the surrounding scalp hair, which is to say it now cycles at a different growth rate. Not sure why this is hard for people to believe but its easy to be skeptical. And in this industry, its smart, too.

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I know Dr Umar has used both armpit and pubic hair.

I don't think body hair will become exactly the same as your natural head hair but will become longer etc

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ha ha...how could you put that on the head? I will rather wear a wig than going outside with armpit and pub hair...

Vox

Established Member
Reaction score
andrei_eremenko said:
ha ha...how could you put that on the head? I will rather wear a wig than going outside with armpit and pub hair...
ROTFL! Yeah, looking at this from a psychological point of view I can see some men not accepting this kind of change.

Regarding the other points raised here, I would cite what a known doctor (W. Europe) says in his website:

Body hair is the hair found in men, on the chest, on shoulders, back and calves. When the quality of the donor area is rather poor or exhausted following previous hair transplants, hair from these body parts can be used. Body hair transplants do however come with restrictions.

Body hair often has a much lower diameter than the hair on your head. Body hairs often grow alone, so this generally means single hair grafts. Body hair takes longer to grow.

Although body hair tends to grow a little when implanted in the scalp, it will never achieve the length of a normal hair.

This explains why results are often less spectacular than in the case of a classic hair transplant.

Body hair transplants are indicated in the following cases:

A poor donor zone or a donor zone with several scars.
Body hair is often used in combination with a classic hair transplant. They allow for better coverage.
They can also be used to repair scars in the donor zone.
And finally they can also be used sometimes for eyebrow transplant.

He has also a link to forums which I have not yet explored. Maybe you can ask him there.

Nene

Reaction score
I don't see what the big deal is with using body hair. I would do it if I needed the density, I got plenty of body hair to spare. Obviously I would exhaust all the donor supply first. The hair would be curlier but if kept short I bet it wouldn't look bad. When I see some of Dr.Umar's work, the hair does like a little strange but I think sometimes it can look better than being bald.

Wylie

Reaction score
I've asked about armpit hair, as mine matches my scalp hair more closely than any other body hair source, and I was told that the problem with it is in the extraction process. This is a very time consuming, painstaking task with any source, and if the chances for transection is high most doctors dont want to mess with going after armpit hair for that reason.