Body building + Finasteride

kock26

Reaction score
Personally I think it is, but I'm not a serious weight lifter. However, I do it a couple times a week, for an hour
or less.

Bradley Cooper uses a concentrated topical/customized solution, as well as Propecia. But he didn't start using
Finasteride (at least oral) until his late thirties.

Bradley Cooper is using propecia ?

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've said before that testosterone is needed for hair growth - remember when you hit puberty your hair drastically thickens. Yes DHT is the undesirable by product but if you're on finasteride suppressing it, while working out creating testosterone then you should get growth in hair - in my humble opinion.
And in addition the blood flow circulates to the scalp, especially with specific exercises.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've said before that testosterone is needed for hair growth - remember when you hit puberty your hair drastically thickens. Yes DHT is the undesirable by product but if you're on finasteride suppressing it, while working out creating testosterone then you should get growth in hair - in my humble opinion.
And in addition the blood flow circulates to the scalp, especially with specific exercises.

gtDWSU4.png

kock26

Reaction score

DHT is important for man, if I take propecia my manhood will decrease ?

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bradley Cooper uses a concentrated topical/customized solution, as well as Propecia. But he didn't start using
Finasteride (at least oral) until his late thirties.

What's your source for this?

- - - Updated - - -

Hey guys. It's been four months since I started Finasteride and everything's back to normal. Hair fall has almost stopped and hair has thickened over immensely.
By now we all know, lifting weights increases DHT which accelerates male pattern baldness. I was wondering if there are people here who have been lifting weights and are also on Finasteride. But I have also wondered how celebs who take Finasteride like Matthew Mcconaughey and Bradley Cooper build up so much muscle without losing the hair.
My question to the people lifting weights and taking Finasteride is - Is Finasteride preventing your hair from falling out despite lifting a lot?

If anything I'd want to work out more, since keeping a low body fat % could serve as a preventative measure against gyno like symptoms.

St4n80

Reaction score
I'm pretty stacked and have been on Finasteride and Dutasteride for a number of years whilst still gaining muscle and holding on to my hair

lmao9955

Reaction score
I don't know to what extent I am right or wrong and you guys might kill me for saying this.
Ever since I started hitting the gym and doing simple basic one hour cardio, my hair went into shedding phase. The itch returned and now the whole scalp is inflamed again. I thought it was just some bad reaction initially but the hairloss has resumed coincidencidentally as I hit the gym. It's like the propecia is cancelling out the excess DHT produced by testosterone after the exercise and I am left with the basal DHT. So basically Finasteride isn't doing **** now.
I stopped gym since a week and now I am having reduction in shedding already. Everybody is different and responds differently. This was just my theory.
Another possibility is that I am going through a second shed whilst on finasteride. But common who goes on a second shed on the 5th month when you are supposed to get results.
I would like to know more experiences from you guys.

abcdefg

Reaction score
finasteride doesnt stop DHT. Your still going to increase it and slowly lose hair over time if your really susceptible to it. Also ignoring the spikes in T your going to get which feeds back into DHT since again finasteride doesnt stop DHT

- - - Updated - - -

I notice zero difference with dem gains being on finasteride. Strength fine too.

Your taking finasteride? I thought you went RU to avoid systemic sides? I think I need to see a Doctor and get on finasteride ASAP and just try to not think about screwing up my endocrine system since male pattern baldness damage is irreversible time is of the essence. I just hate the idea of playing with my endocrine system that has worked perfectly forever for a topical problem

addajc

Established Member
Reaction score
Been on finasteride 7 years steady no steroids .

My sucesss story http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...apoddy-s-Story-(25-just-starting-finasteride)

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Been on finasteride 7 years steady no steroids .

My sucesss story http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...apoddy-s-Story-(25-just-starting-finasteride)

Great physique. Huge wheels. What is your length, %bf and weight?

- - - Updated - - -

Your taking finasteride? I thought you went RU to avoid systemic sides? I think I need to see a Doctor and get on finasteride ASAP and just try to not think about screwing up my endocrine system since male pattern baldness damage is irreversible time is of the essence. I just hate the idea of playing with my endocrine system that has worked perfectly forever for a topical problem

I still do take RU too. Doing a bit of trial & error now. It's certainly important to prevent hair loss. You must be lucky though. You are active since 2005. You must be balding very slowly? Are you on minoxidil or anything else?

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
DHT has very little anabolic effect on muscle thanks to our friend 3a-HSD.

addajc

Established Member
Reaction score

Great physique. Huge wheels. What is your length, %bf and weight?

- - - Updated - - -

I still do take RU too. Doing a bit of trial & error now. It's certainly important to prevent hair loss. You must be lucky though. You are active since 2005. You must be balding very slowly? Are you on minoxidil or anything else?

lmao9955

Reaction score
Naah man I know DHT has no effect on muscle growth.
But systemic levels of testosterone do increase after workouts. Systemic DHT will rise. I am talking keeping muscle out of the equation.
Idk man every body reacts differently.

abcdefg

Reaction score
I am trying minoxidil recently, but luckily for me its slow. Maybe even a mature hairline, but im not waiting to find out. So you are on finasteride though. I really think I might give it a try although I really dislike the idea long term. Its too hard to fight male pattern baldness without it really

g.i joey

Reaction score
I am trying minoxidil recently, but luckily for me its slow. Maybe even a mature hairline, but im not waiting to find out. So you are on finasteride though. I really think I might give it a try although I really dislike the idea long term. Its too hard to fight male pattern baldness without it really

dude ive seen you write stuff lke this too many times man, get on finasteride or just stop saying you should.