Boboski23's - (Balding Journey from Genesis to Revelation)

boboski23

Reaction score
Hello from Singapore! I would like to share my story here, hoping to have more advice on how to have more hair on my heads =) I am a 25 years old asian male (a diffuse thinner) who is on propecia for about 3 months. I used Nizoral daily and generic liquiid minoxidil 5% twice daily. Occasionally i would miss my minoxidil and propecia once in a while. My dad is a Norwood 6 or 7 i think.

Balding is really a painful experience for me and when i realise i started to bald, i really feel like I had lost a great deal of hair in term of number and thickness. My profession is a middle school teacher and it really struck me when one of my students commented why i look so BALD after a haircut and the whole class laugh! That really hurt a lot although i dont really show it.

I immediately went to reserch on hairloss and was brought to this site by yahoo. I learn a lot just by reading and immediately jump on the BIG 3. THANKS A LOT HairLossTalk.com! I would like to share my story with the rest.

This is how i look like when i started my treatment about 3 months ago. Pardon my inconsistancy of the picture as i only use my hp k800i to shoot.

Attachments

• DSC00318.JPG
    DSC00318.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 2,345

boboski23

Reaction score
Re: Boboski23's Balding Journey from Genesis to Revelation

After using minoxidil for about a month, i experience a shed of about 100 hairs daily. it was horrible when i was shampooing my hair.

[attachment=1:4hvm9pxq]DSC00301.JPG[/attachment:4hvm9pxq]

However after about 2 months, i realise i have some littles hair on my hairline which i believe most of us would experience. i really become super super excited and start to become religious about my propecia, monoxidil and nizoral.

[attachment=0:4hvm9pxq]DSC00298.JPG[/attachment:4hvm9pxq]

Attachments

• DSC00301.JPG
    DSC00301.JPG
    132.7 KB · Views: 2,374
  • DSC00298.JPG
    DSC00298.JPG
    120 KB · Views: 2,349

boboski23

Reaction score

this is how i look like about 5 minutes ago after shampooing my hairs

Attachments

• DSC00286.JPG
    DSC00286.JPG
    141.6 KB · Views: 2,339

boboski23

Reaction score

another pic which i parted my hair
[attachment=0:1j7udnhk]DSC00284.JPG[/attachment:1j7udnhk]

i feel i have more hair on my head and i regret that i cant replicate the photo conditions for me to verify. These 3 months i never go for a hair cut and i realise my hair seem to grow slower and slower.

Side effect:
So far none. However i have unwanted facial hair on my forehead which i think it is due to the minoxidil.

Attachments

• DSC00284.JPG
    DSC00284.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 2,309

Yogi

Reaction score

Yes, the lighting is slightly different, but I think it's an improvement. Well done!

RaginDemon

Reaction score

the minoxidil shed pic was scary, but I am glad things are picking up for you!

boboski23

Reaction score

Yogi said:
Yes, the lighting is slightly different, but I think it's an improvement. Well done!

thanks! i told myself that i will give myself a year before i stop all treatment if there are no improvement. I am glad that there's an improvement after 3 months.

boboski23

Reaction score

RaginDemon said:
the minoxidil shed pic was scary, but I am glad things are picking up for you!

Yes. not just the pic, i also look scary too then :shock: . The shed nearly make me quit.

somehow balding make me more and more self and health conscious of my body.
change a few habits after i started my regimen.

1) I slow jog at least 30 minutes daily.
2) Eat more vege and fruit.
3) Drink soya milk daily (dont really know if it helps though)
4) Sleep early

i wanted to change to proscar to save cost, however, my doctor advice me to stick to propecia for at least 9 months and i heeded her advice. At the moment, the cost of propecia (SGD 95 ) in singapore per month is still affordable for me.

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score

nice results, kids dont have much to laugh about now ill bet. By the way, which minoxidil are you on, foam or liquid?

k3nn7i

Established Member
Reaction score

wow...good improvement...I experienced visible regrowth at the 4th mth or so. now, my condition is not so good. haha...anyway, your last pic looks hell better!!

boboski23

Reaction score

Dogs3 said:
nice results, kids dont have much to laugh about now ill bet. By the way, which minoxidil are you on, foam or liquid?

i am using generic liquid minoxidil 5%, the brand name is MINOXI 5. The foam is not available in singapore and i would really love to try the foam once it is available. However the gel version @ 2% is available here.

Ha, yup i dont see the kids commenting abt my hair as much as they use too now. Probably they are gossiping whether i am wearing a wig =)

boboski23

Reaction score

k3nn7i said:
wow...good improvement...I experienced visible regrowth at the 4th mth or so. now, my condition is not so good. haha...anyway, your last pic looks hell better!!

That i one of my concern too. i attribute that most of the hairs that i regrow to minoxidil. It also means that i would go very bald again if they all shed at the same time. Another disturbing fact that is always on my mind is i am always a slave to propecia and minoxidil for as long as i want my hair on my head.

ps1freak

Established Member
Reaction score

you bounced back from the first shed really well man, congrats.

u need to take a pic from the same lightning as u did b4 in the very firs tpicture and i bet you will see a lot more coverage.

k3nn7i

Established Member
Reaction score

well for that, I should say we've got not much of a choice. Shed and regrowth is part of the hair cycle...

and once again, congrats on your regrowth dude...kids are still 'kid' after all, so don't take their comments to heart...

Good Luck...and keep us updated dude... :woot:

RaginDemon

Reaction score

k3nn7i said:
well for that, I should say we've got not much of a choice. Shed and regrowth is part of the hair cycle...

and once again, congrats on your regrowth dude...kids are still 'kid' after all, so don't take their comments to heart...

Good Luck...and keep us updated dude... :woot:

:agree:

boboski23

Reaction score

This is how i look like from the front on Christmas day. I am very thankful for minoxidil, propecia and nizoral. recently my scalp start to have some pimple which is absolutely irritating.
The christmas gathering is also very encouraging to me as some of my close friends told me that they would not even suspect i am a victim of male pattern baldness if they have not known me for a long time.

i change out my shampoo from head and shoulder and the pimple start to surface.

Attachments

• DSC00320.JPG
    DSC00320.JPG
    126.4 KB · Views: 672

RaginDemon

Reaction score

hair looks great from the front, hows the top?

boboski23

Reaction score

the top seem to maintain and had not improve a lot i guess. Hope it will be better as time goes on.

Attachments

• DSC00321.JPG
    DSC00321.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 666

RaginDemon

Reaction score

I see an improvement!

boboski23

Reaction score

RaginDemon said:
I see an improvement!

Really! It is so encouraging to here from the veteran here. Hope my story will be an encouragememnt to those starting on BIG 3 soon.

Will continue the regimen and update faithfully.