Bloods on NHS (UK)?

purda

Reaction score
Hi
New to the forum & very glad I found it.
35 years old, thinning crown commented on by hairdresser approx 2 years ago (I didn't give it much thought) but am now noticing definite thinning all over top of my head, 'messy' & enlarged parting, and it feels very thin when I massage shampoo. Constant scalp tingle too - I thought this was paranoia but understand could actually be a sign of scalp trauma (where the site mentions Nizoral). No excessive shedding at the moment, but hairs that fall do look very fine - my hair has generally been fairly thick / coarse.

Given what doctors can be like & previous experience, I'm planning to have to go it alone with treatment. Does anyone have experience seeing a GP in the UK to get bloods done? I'll make an appointment but am not hopeful of support / knowledge. What are we entitled to on the NHS?

Feel like I'm catching the hair loss fairly early, but it's still scarey and depressing. After reading this site, my plan is to get Nizoral tomorrow, & get Rogaine 5% foam when I have funds to order 4 month supply. I'm now taking multivits+ zinc, Holland & Barratt (healthfood store) 'Skin, Hair, Nails' and 'Vitamins for Hair' formulas. I'm wary of adding anything else (eg. spironolactone / Revivogen), not sure how I'd pay & fit it into my routine. If I can get blood tests done it may clarify options.

Any advice / thoughts welcome.