Bird's Story - (42)

bird

Reaction score
I'm 42 and have suffered with Androgenetic Alopecia for 10 years. I am female and have several (4) females in my family that also suffer. I have tried birth control, spironolactone, rogaine, nioxin, etc.. to no avail. I guess this is just my life. I can sorta except my hair loss, but the worse is my 16 year old daughter, I can't except that. She still has her whole life in front of her. I know how this has impacted me and the way I feel about myself, I can't image what she is going through. Teenage years are suppose to be fun and social times. Will she go to her prom next year? Will she date? I'm just so sad and tired of obsessing over hair loss. The worst thing for a parent is when there child hurts and you can't do anything about it. She has had a terrible school year with lots and lots of stress and "mean girls", but I think it's Androgenetic Alopecia. She is thinning badly on the sides near the temple. I wish it was due to stress and that this summer it will grow back, but in my heart I know it's Androgenetic Alopecia. Any suggestions about what to do? Thanks. :lost:

Reaction score
Re: New to this site

Thats really awful... I mean its bad for a guy, but still acceptable... must be extremely hard for a woman.

Womans hairloss is usually a bit more complicated than general male pattern baldness and theres not relaly much option for treatmeats as far as i know. Although i did see Regaine for women when i was in Boots the other day, so i guess it could be worth a try?

Good luck

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score

There was a lady from another forum who had experienced success regrowing her hair with a combination of Revivogen and Viviscal (FWIW).

Best of luck.

Hayley

Reaction score

Bird, have you got her to see a doctor?