Biggest Scam- Opinions?

viperfish

Reaction score
HairlossTalk said:
As far as *size* ... ie.... "biggest" scam operation under way right now, definitely Nioxin. Not because its a totally bunk product, but because they have weeklong seminars training tens of thousands of hair stylists to think that it is safer and just as effective as Propecia and Rogaine. Because they use improper terms like "Washing DHT from the scalp". and "Cleaning out DHT from the follicles". It causes confusion and qualifies for misinformation.

The product itself contains one DHT Inhibiting Fatty Acid - one of the ones found in Revivogen. But that's it. It also contains Niacin which agitates the scalp to get all red and tingly and increase circulation. This can result in short term hair growth. So there's SOME legitimacy to it. But it costs an arm and a leg, and if you want that one Fatty Acid plus another 4 incredibly potent ones, you might as well get Revivogen. Way more bang for the buck. If you want growth stimulation, get Rogaine for $15 a month.

As far as pure snake oils go though, I'd say Fabao is the most widespread BS snake oil online...

And in the media definitely AVACOR and "Hair Advantage" (same product).

HairLossTalk.com

Hair Advantage is actually Hair Genesis. I don't know if that is what you meant?

tu pac

Reaction score
Noxin is the biggest fucken scam out there when I was Ignorant and made the mistake of not doing my own research, they brain washed me,They told me it would work if I waited and obviously they made more money of me and stole my precious Innocence.I will avange my hair loss on the b**ch salon owner who did this,I think I wasted the most important time I had to defeat the powerful Dht.I anint enen finished I spent over 500$ on it.I finnaly went in ther and told her I want my money back and she declined and offered a free amicroscope annalyses which they normaly charge 20$ for but as nice as they said they were they said for me free.Ha HA HA they looked and things were much worse you could see fully closed follicules and there like see nioxin wiil clean these out and hair will start growining,I again demende my money back,b**ch denied me again,I ended up squirting the remainder Of my scalp therepy all over the front window, I really feel ripped off to this day not only from the false promises the fact she showed no sympathy.And before I flipped I actually remeber her saying Its better then nothing, before she was makeing all these big promises and was very optimistic ,and through out that whole bullshit nioxin quest she did everything in her power to detour me from fiasteride and rogaine,I think she spent more time detouring me from the products that work then anything,Mybe I should of put this in the impact of hairloss instead.In short f*** nioxin oh ya and hair genisis too.Rearch is everything with good knowledge you have the best chance of succes in any venture or chanlenge that comes your way. ps. sorry for grammer.

michael barry

Reaction score
Regenix gets my vote......FIVE THOUSAND DOWN and something like fifty a month thereafter. No before and after pics or any kind of proof whatsoever on their website. I tried to talk a guy out of it on the hairloss-reversible.com message board, but he was gung ho because of Matthew McConaughey (who obviously has had a transplant or is wearing a toupee' in public appearances).

Extreme Hair Therapy from Hair Club is fifteen hundred a year and I honestly think it makes your hair fall out (so they can get you in a toupee', the chemicals of which proboably will damage your scalp EVEN MORE).

Procerin, Kevis (hyalauronic acid filling your androgen receptors-----PUUULLLEEEEAAASSSEEE, Avacor, the list is so long)......

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
michael barry said:
the list is so long)......
Well that is why this site is here. We have the right and the obligation to educate eachother on products that qualify as SCAMS because of their lack of scientific data, the lack of ethics surrounding the actions of the owners, or the deceptiveness of the marketing.

The FDA minced no words with the creators of Avacor when they made a public spectacle of them for their deceptive claims about the product.

I am proud to say that due to recent events, we now have a direct line to the head of the FDA divison of compliance in the San Francisco area, and have an ongoing open communication with them on matters like this. They have been extremely helpful, informative, and responsive to our concerns.

We will continue to provide a forum where consumers and the owners of this site will remain free to express their opinions on the validity of products without fear of retribution. We will never, in a million years, give up that right or sell out.

Integrity may have a cost, but it is a pleasure and an honor to suffer for something you believe in. I couldn't ask for a bigger blessing, and I mean that! Exercise the right you have as unbiased consumers, to freedom of expression here folks. It's why this site exists.

Happy Holidays to Everyone.

HairLossTalk.com

noorur

Established Member
Reaction score
HairlossTalk said:
michael barry said:
the list is so long)......
Well that is why this site is here. We have the right and the obligation to educate eachother on products that qualify as SCAMS because of their lack of scientific data, the lack of ethics surrounding the actions of the owners, or the deceptiveness of the marketing.

The FDA minced no words with the creators of Avacor when they made a public spectacle of them for their deceptive claims about the product.

I am proud to say that due to recent events, we now have a direct line to the head of the FDA divison of compliance in the San Francisco area, and have an ongoing open communication with them on matters like this. They have been extremely helpful, informative, and responsive to our concerns.

We will continue to provide a forum where consumers and the owners of this site will remain free to express their opinions on the validity of products without fear of retribution. We will never, in a million years, give up that right or sell out.

Integrity may have a cost, but it is a pleasure and an honor to suffer for something you believe in. I couldn't ask for a bigger blessing, and I mean that! Exercise the right you have as unbiased consumers, to freedom of expression here folks. It's why this site exists.

Happy Holidays to Everyone.

HairLossTalk.com

have u reported pr0cerin to the FDA as a scam product ?
I wanna see that company go down, bigtime!
They took away 10 months worth of hair from me, by deceiving me and lying to me. I dont even know if i can recover all the hair i've lost whilst on pr0cerin :(

gambit420

Reaction score
HairPrime for me. Sold in 6 month kits "Use for six months and regrow 90% of your hair back, guaranteed!"

*fine print*
Must be returned within 30 days to be elgible for refund

:cry:

They had a big TV and radio advertisement campaign here in Ohio. boy do I feel raped

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
noorur said:
have u reported pr0cerin to the FDA as a scam product ?
You can report companies you feel have fraudulent products, or make illegal claims about hair growth to the FDA yourself on their website. Trust me when I say that they do read the reports, and have put *many* snake oilers under investigation, even recently.

HairLossTalk.com

michael barry

Reaction score
Croat,
Revivogen uses free form fatty acids which acutally have had good results on hamster flank organs in experiments. GLA, ALA, LA, the various fatty acids that naturally occur in Saw Palmetto Oil, Zinc, and Azaelic acid all inhibit DHT formation in test tubes. The permixion in Saw Palmetto and Vitamin b6 in revivogen may also either change DHT's shape chemically so it doesnt fit an androgen receptor or help make less androgen receptors to begin with on the cytoplasm of the dermal papilla.
Bryan Shelton seems to have a pretty high opinion of its potential.

That being said. I dont use it. I use the big3 plus a copper peptide product (rotating american crew and folligen, which are both cheap). This is because I believe that the immune response to follicle's filled with DHT and hormones the dermal papilla "reads" as DHT are the main cause of damage to the follicle. I choose to cut DHT production via propecia, plus soy isoflavones (genistein is now understood to help you produce less androgen receptors, daidzen less DHT, and if your lucky enough to produce equol in digestion of soy.....that substance pre-emptively binds with DHT changing its chemical shape and making it a "bad fit" for an adrogen receptor.

Like you though, Ive noticed some guys say they have little luck with revivogen or crinagen. I udnerstand that if youre already on propecia.....there may not be much of a change for you on those.

Nevertheless, I believe Crinagan's and Revivogen's makers had an honest intent in making these topicals and that they really beleive in their potential efficacy. Spirnonolactalone is a proven anti-androgen if youre looking for an effective anti-androgen topical. The makers of Horsemanure like Procede, Procerin, Kevis, etc. proboably know damn well that stuff wont work and dont care. They want their money upfront. Ive noticed scams usually cost alot havent you?

Id like to make a comment that HairLossTalk.com will proboably agree with. Some topicals that are known to work can qualify as "scammish" in my book because the asking price is ridiculous. Hairmedics.com makes some stuff (minoxidil combo's usually) that are proboably pretty good, but they want 60 a month and more for'em. Bad news man.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
michael barry said:
Ive noticed some guys say they have little luck with revivogen or crinagen.
This is why intelligent people don't rely on anonymous unreliable unsubstantiated user opinion as their *gospel* method for determining the effectiveness of a hair loss treatment.

Some topicals that are known to work can qualify as "scammish" in my book because the asking price is ridiculous.
There is usually a difference between whether a product is a scam or the vendor is a scam artist. Sometimes, in very rare circumstances, both occur at the same time.

HairLossTalk.com

michael barry

Reaction score
Hairlosstalk,
I was unaware that HairLossTalk.com had followed up on Revivogen, and those results are impressive. Ive wondered about adding an anti-androgen topical to my little routine in hopes of lessening the amount of DHT around the follicle that propecia doesnt inhibit. Copper peptides supposedly result in about a 50% inhibition of type one alpha five, so I was more or less relying on that to add to propecia's anti-androgenic performance. I take soy isoflavones also.

The main reason I havent done Revivogen is that Dr. Pickart states that he would be concerned about the zinc interfering with the copper. Zinc apparently can drive copper out of the scalp. Spending time on Dr. Proctors website, it has become clear to me that Proctor believes the immuno component to be the biggest factor in baldness. He doenst put an anti-androgen in his Prox-N at all.

Its an interesting debate, and Ive seen threads on various sites where some guys go the propecia/peptide route and some go the topical anti-androgen route. I understand that a cytoporin or some such, which is supposed to be a mucho-strong topical anti-androgen, hasnt really outperformed plain ol' propecia (Proctor's site). With hair, who knows man?

Nevertheless, Im impressed with the revivogen test run you guys conducted. I know fatty acids are good alpha-5 inhibitors.

By the way......Family Guy and American Dad are hysterical. Cant believe they go that far on network TV though.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
michael barry said:
Copper peptides supposedly result in about a 50% inhibition of type one alpha five, so I was more or less relying on that to add to propecia's anti-androgenic performance.

Copper peptides don't inhibit 5a-reductase, copper ions do that.

Bryan

Jeff71913

Reaction score
Nioxin: My ex-boyfriend, whom does hair, recommended this product over Rogaine and I lost a lot of hard earned hair because of it. I still use it, because it smells nice and cleans my hair really well, but it has no hairgrowth potential and I am proof of that. Stick with the proven treatments! However, I am using Avodart and I don't guess that has been proven as of yet, but let me tell you, it works.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
tupperware said:
most of the rubbish that's being sold in the hairlosstalk shop (Revivogen, Crinagen etc.).
Aw thats cute. So what do you suggest we carry? Lets see what our other options are: Fabao ? Nioxin? How about Procerin or Curetage? Should we eliminate all the products that have science backing them, and carry herbal tonics instead? Please advise us on what we should be carrying. I am dying to hear your suggestions.

HairLossTalk.com

SSM23

Established Member
Reaction score
Advancedhairstudio = scam bastards

george72rx

Reaction score
KEVIS is the biggest scam

KEVIS is the biggest scam for the bucks, I was lucky that I didnt get sucked in for $800 - $1000 they were originally asking and only paid $400. The sales rep said I would regrow lots of new hair etc. etc. etc. I took before and after pictures and vowed to post my results regardless. I will headlining my results on every hair loss message board on the internet including this one as soon as I can figure out how to post my pictures. I hope to heck this cuts into their sales big time

kc090265

Reaction score
Revivogen

This is a crab products, does not work, doesn't do anything, smell like sh-t. Don't waste your hard earn money. I learn my lesson. Stick with something legit and proven by FDA

CCS

Reaction score
Nisim wasted 6 months for my brother and I, and made us doubt other treatments.

I also looked at NuHair's ingredients. Scam.

Revivogen is not a scam, but it has some horrible advertising.
Revivogen has many good ingredients. I'm just pissed off that no where do they list all the ingredients. They just list the active ingredients and do not say how much. Bryan said 40% fatty acids, but he did not give a link to that information.

Revivogen® Bio-Cleansing Shampoo

Revivogen Bio-Cleansing Shampoo contains the active ingredients found in the topical formula and complements its activity, but it’s ineffective by itself. It gently cleanses the scalp and removes Sebum and DHT from the scalp. This specially-designed shampoo contains essential bio-active nutrients that nourish, moisturize and improve the hair and scalp condition, creating a healthy environment for hair growth.