Biggest Scam- Opinions?

Felk

Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
Revivogen Bio-Cleansing Shampoo contains the active ingredients found in the topical formula and complements its activity, but it’s ineffective by itself. It gently cleanses the scalp and removes Sebum and DHT from the scalp. This specially-designed shampoo contains essential bio-active nutrients that nourish, moisturize and improve the hair and scalp condition, creating a healthy environment for hair growth.

I must admit, that smacks of a scam product, especially since there's no way that revivogen shampoo would do much against DHT. I believe the active ingredients, which are still an unproven treatment for male pattern baldness, aren't even in the shampoo!

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Revivogen has many good ingredients. I'm just pissed off that no where do they list all the ingredients.

Sure they do. They're right there on the label. The great majority of them, anyway. Or are you just referring to the inactive ingredients?

They just list the active ingredients and do not say how much.

Which isn't at all surprising. Very few (if any) companies list the exact amounts of all their active ingredients.

Bryan said 40% fatty acids, but he did not give a link to that information.

That information was given to me privately by Dr. Shargani himself in an email.

Bryan

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Felk said:
Revivogen Bio-Cleansing Shampoo contains the active ingredients found in the topical formula and complements its activity, but it’s ineffective by itself. It gently cleanses the scalp and removes Sebum and DHT from the scalp. This specially-designed shampoo contains essential bio-active nutrients that nourish, moisturize and improve the hair and scalp condition, creating a healthy environment for hair growth.

I must admit, that smacks of a scam product, especially since there's no way that revivogen shampoo would do much against DHT.

True, but I don't think that anybody seriously takes the SHAMPOO to be a serious hairloss treatment. In fact, the people at Revivogen have admitted that, themselves! :wink: It's an excellent shampoo, and gives a nice tingly feeling to the scalp. But it's just a shampoo.

Felk said:
I believe the active ingredients, which are still an unproven treatment for male pattern baldness, aren't even in the shampoo!

Oh, I'm sure they're in there in small "token" quantities, just so they can stay out of legal trouble.

Bryan

G

Britannia said:
The biggest scam in hairloss? Without a doubt Propecia. OK it works, but it costs less than £1 to produce 28 tabs of 1mg Finasteride (so a local pharmacist tells me) yet we have to fork out £40. No wonder generic companies are having a field day with reasonably priced finasteride. I dont consider generic medication cheap, it just seems so low compared to the absurdly inflated prices charged by Merck to satisfy greedy shareholders. :-x

Calling propecia a scam is a joke. A scam is something that is fraudulent.

Yes greedy merck charging an exorbitant amount of money to satisfy greedy shareholders. Where would you be without Merck? Do you think that the Indian drug companies copying Merck's products came up with the ideas themselves? Nah. They just waited till Merck came out with the blueprint then proceeded to copy, copy, copy.

Drug companies only have a few years b efore their patents expire and I don't think you realize how expensive it is to research and bring drugs to market. It costs billions and billions of dollars. They have to recoup their investments.

If you don't like the price of Propecia then buy proscar and cut it in fourths.

So think about all that while you pop your evil propecia because Dr Reddy's and Cipla had nothing to do with the development of it.

sublime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
jayman - The billions and billions is spent on advertising and that still did not go as well as Merck had planned. Some of the reason that dutasteride never finished the trials. I do agree to a certain level that it is about recouping expenses.

Felk - The only thing I can ask out of a shampoo is that it does not leave harsh chemicals on my head. I actually used the revivogen shampoo for several months but it was not worth the price at all.

CCS

Reaction score
sublime, i think i would puke if I poped as many pills as you do. with all the filler, your stomach is probably full of sand (silicone dioxide) and talc and celulose (Mooo).

i've been wanting to say that to some people for a while. Many people complain that propecia costs as much a proscar when it is 1/5 the amount. That is simple economics. The pill costs almost nothing either way. It is the cost of research, adveriting, payrole and profit that matters. If you don't make a profit, no one will invest in your company, then you can't have research funds any more. Your company must make at least as much profit each quarter as other companies or investers start to withdraw funds. They sell the pill at the price the market determines, not at the price of the cost. Some pills they lose money one, others they make enough on to recupe from the bad ones. The key is to charge what you can to make enough money since you might lose big on the next one. There are many dumb comments over in the "ethics of buying generics" thread.

G

Yeah, jeez, sublime,

how do you even manage to take all of those pills every day without vomiting? and how do you afford all of them? there's at least 50 pills in that list.

CCS

Reaction score
bump. (still hear people talking about nu hair.)